V Millwall matchday thread

oomarkwright

11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Absolutely, we don’t have 1 player (Rooney aside) who could cut it at the next level. We have a team of mid table championship players, and thats it. Good recruitment and a bit of cash is needed not a change a manager. 

we aren't playing mid table footy though - we are worse than that

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is utterly abysmal football. If anyone else is happy to watch this directionless drivel then good for them but i cant stand it. 

The atmosphere inside the ground today was horrendous but Cocu is unable to stop the slide, either from lack of ability or because he believes in his vision and is unwilling to adapt which is alarming. 

Undoubtedly we need an upgrade on players but this formula right now is not working, and i dont know about anyone else, but i prefer my hard earned money to be spent on positive attacking football not this dross. 

16 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Absolutely, we don’t have 1 player (Rooney aside) who could cut it at the next level. We have a team of mid table championship players, and thats it. Good recruitment and a bit of cash is needed not a change a manager. 

Good recruitment? That's us stuffed then. 

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Screenshot_20191214-182750.thumb.png.ee2a912e2dfc773b921f198675afd556.png

@Ghost of Clough pointed out issues with the performance

You said they were all down to the manager.

I gave some reasons why those issues are occurring, which would indicate that they're not all the responsibility of the manager, more that with players available to him these issues are unavoidable.

I'm not sure what's confused you?

Ok, think I understand now what you are trying to say

The reason we have all these problems is because we fielded a team today not competent to do any of the things the manager wants them to

Personally, I don't agree. I think the first team out today is more than competent.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

No idea 

only he knows that or even if he was even asked the question about becoming manager 

That’s the thing though isn’t it.  Loads of names were suggested and many of them  might’ve been approached.  They may not have wanted the fallout from the creek FL sent us up taking his paddles to Chelsea.  Christine’s  insistence apparently, source completely unknown!

56 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

You have to question if Cocu is the right man regardless of the lack of time after the performances and selection recently. Fills me with no excitement and clearly struggling to adjust to championship football. Said in the summer I wanted Bowyer and stand by it.

Lol. Charlton are even pooper than we are.

Cocu out.

The football is shocking. We've resorted to lumping the ball long and using long throws to put it in the box. Rowettball was made to look an attractive prospect. 

The first half was the single worst performance I can remember for a long time at home. There was no energy, no drive to get forward, sideways and backwards passing one after another. Half of those were inaccurate too. 

Holmes, Bogle and Lowe are the only ones to come out of that game with a bit of credit. 

I'm tired of hearing Cocu is an amazing coach and we need to give him time because he'll improve it. Well thing is, he ain't improving it. Talk is cheap. I'm done listening to it, I just want to see some evidence. The Cocu experiment is a resounding failure.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Cocu out.

The football is shocking. We've resorted to lumping the ball long and using long throws to put it in the box. Rowettball was made to look an attractive prospect. 

The first half was the single worst performance I can remember for a long time at home. There was no energy, no drive to get forward, sideways and backwards passing one after another. Half of those were inaccurate too. 

Holmes, Bogle and Lowe are the only ones to come out of that game with a bit of credit. 

I'm tired of hearing Cocu is an amazing coach and we need to give him time because he'll improve it. Well thing is, he ain't improving it. Talk is cheap. I'm done listening to it, I just want to see some evidence. The Cocu experiment is a resounding failure.

Stop sitting on the fence.

Today again was awful.  1 win in 7 or 2 wins in 9 is relegation form.  

Player's heads down after the first goal - no motivation on the pitch or off it.  It is evident from today that the players are not fully playing for him.  Davies and Martin's post match interviews have been a lot more insightful than Coco's!

Forsyth again woeful for the goal.  It comes to something when a player we let go for nothing would literally walk into the middle of our defence now!

There is no shape and no tactics. Another game with 1 shot on target. 

He is losing the ground/crowd which is the biggest indicator for me that he will not survive.

I am afraid he has two games for me.  Lose both of those and we are in deep trouble, make no mistake.  He is not the man for a relegation battle.

Unfortunately,  Cocu is being questioned as a manager by people I know who really are not , as a rule, knee jerk panicky supporters. 

I want to see him succeed and do not want yet another manager not given enough time .  But time isn’t on his side ( his contract is) 

When my well informed friend are questioning him I do worry

What to make of some of those performances. Lazy, indecisive and without heart.

Hamer  3 - Should save the goal, incapable of passing out from the back and his long kicks always miss. But he can catch a ball so he must be better than Roos, has cost us goals against Blackburn, Wednesday and Millwall. Get Roos in.

Bogle 6 - One of the better players

Davis 4 - Cant pass, useless in opposition box and all the pace of a drunk snail

Forsyth 4 - One good game at centre back does not make you a good centre back

Lowe 6 - Got up and down well

Evans 5 - Poundland Tom Huddlestone, never shows for it in midfield and always passing backwards

Holmes 6 - Excellent second half, picked the ball up and drove through the middle, not a CDM though

Waghorn 5 - Too narrow, three good chances to score and either backed out or missed

Lawrence 4 - Gave away stupid fouls, awful control and running into dead ends

Knight 5 - Battled a bit more than others, but wasted left wing

Martin 5 - Fed off scraps

Dowell 4 - On the pitch for 20 minutes and achieved nothing

Jozefzoon 5 - Why do we still bother?

Simply put we have too many poor players, those who are good enough are often round pegs in square holes.

Would any other team in the division look at a back three of  Hamer, Davies and Forsyth and thing "Thats what I want",  its league 1 level.

This season we've lost a first choice centre back pair and an entire central midfield. Combine that with how poor we are on the wings anyway and its no surprise how much we're struggling. 

12 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

That’s the thing though isn’t it.  Loads of names were suggested and many of them  might’ve been approached.  They may not have wanted the fallout from the creek FL sent us up taking his paddles to Chelsea.  Christine’s  insistence apparently, source completely unknown!

I just said I wanted Hughton 

????

not sure where ur going with that lol

I've seen Ryan Conway has said on Twitter that there is no disunity from the playing staff, and they want to play for Cocu.

Well on today's showing I would seriously doubt the accuracy of that. Today was a performance devoid of effort, commitment and discipline that usually suggests players not playing for the manager.

It's okay that they're not technically gifted footballers, that's not their fault, but to not commit yourself and give 100% is unacceptable. 

That was a match between two poor teams. The only difference was Millwall gave everything they had for the manager, the fans and eachother.

Not good enough.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Cocu out.

I think this is the really fundamental point

I'm sure most people would really love Cocu to be successful here

Can the Cocu fans give us just a few shreds of evidence which demonstrate that he is clearly going to get it right in time ? What has he done so far that gives you that belief ? To be fair, we are as near as dammit at the half way stage.

1 minute ago, Emson said:

I think this is the really fundamental point

I'm sure most people would really love Cocu to be successful here

Can the Cocu fans give us just a few shreds of evidence which demonstrate that he is clearly going to get it right in time ? What has he done so far that gives you that belief ? To be fair, we are as near as dammit at the half way stage.

The most compelling point I have heard is that he is doing good work with the academy. For the first team? Nothing. Not a single shred. We're not progressing, we're not getting better, this is not all part of some elaborate masterplan Cocu has thought up.

Realistically, he's out of his depth. His style worked in the Netherlands, but it hasn't taken to the Championship, he has no idea what his best squad or even formation is, and tinkers with it every game. He's coached the players to be even worse in possession, and revert to hoofing. He's had an obscene amount of excuses made up for him, but they just don't wash anymore. He needs to get results on the pitch, or go. 

11 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Unfortunately,  Cocu is being questioned as a manager by people I know who really are not , as a rule, knee jerk panicky supporters. 

I want to see him succeed and do not want yet another manager not given enough time .  But time isn’t on his side ( his contract is) 

When my well informed friend are questioning him I do worry

The performances his team have been putting out if I was told u it was a dead man walking u would find it hard not to believe 

I think it’s a Rooney shaped sponsorship deal that’s keeping him in a job atm  

1 hour ago, Emson said:

But they are doing as instructed - that's exactly the problem !

No they are not. No courage .. decide on who to blame for that but there is (from some players) a distinct lack of courage. Play the easy ball is not good enough.

mistakes are forgivable .. lack of baa locks isn’t 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I just said I wanted Hughton 

????

not sure where ur going with that lol

Nowhere really,  just remember Hughtons name mentioned after FL departure quite a lot.

wasnt arguing at all.  Just wondered how many managers we looked at that wasn’t interested in us.  I wouldn’t have been opposed to CH myself personally.

35 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

we aren't playing mid table footy though - we are worse than that

Absolutely, someone said to me today Jack Marriott maybe just a good Div 1 player, I replied we best keep him then!!! Relegation performances lately I couldn’t agree more 

Archived