I went to peter pan pantio mine

B4ev6is

Well I went to peter pan pantiomine and it was really good fully enjoyed it apart from a fuse blew up and I did not like that and white noise I could hear it. My mun just huggied me and said it was okay. I had my hands over my ears I was trying my best not to freak out as there a lot of little kids there and did not want to scare them. One women a nasty comment towards me I just wanted to say you got a probleam but like my mum said to me people dont understand my condation.

She said I am her peter pan boy that never grew up that is true about me.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Well I went to peter pan pantiomine and it was really good fully enjoyed it apart from a fuse blew up and I did not like that and white noise I could hear it. My mun just huggied me and said it was okay. I had my hands over my ears I was trying my best not to freak out as there a lot of little kids there and did not want to scare them. One women a nasty comment towards me I just wanted to say you got a probleam but like my mum said to me people dont understand my condation.

She said I am her peter pan boy that never grew up that is true about me.

Hope you’re okay, B4. Glad that you enjoyed the show for the most part. I hope you have a great Christmas.

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Year I am okay

Took hours for that white noise out of my ears. First time in a few years I am looking forward to it.

When I was a kid I always went to the pantomime in Nottingham. I always thought it was weird that men dressed up as women and vice versa. Anyway enough about Nottingham, the pantomimes were always good there.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well you could go with your misses.

Wait what? B4 you must be turning over a new leaf. A couple of years ago you would have recommended he turn to his mrs and say 'off to panto, see you later'

?

On a serious note, B4's post does highlight how inconsiderate and thoughtless some people can be.

A few years ago we went to the Panto with all the family. There was a lad with down syndrome behind us having a great time, albeit noisy but so what he was loving it. Actually was appalled as some members of my family group moved at the interval to empty seats away as they were finding his noise annoying.

Makes me upset now just thinking about it, imagine how that lads family that were with him must think when they see people doing stuff like that.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

On a serious note, B4's post does highlight how inconsiderate and thoughtless some people can be.

A few years ago we went to the Panto with all the family. There was a lad with down syndrome behind us having a great time, albeit noisy but so what he was loving it. Actually was appalled as some members of my family group moved at the interval to empty seats away as they were finding his noise annoying.

Makes me upset now just thinking about it, imagine how that lads family that were with him must think when they see people doing stuff like that.

With respect @Paul71, when you are paying a price for tickets, and are hoping to hear what's going on on stage, a noisy child (or adult) behind can be annoying... in the same way that someone who keeps standing in your line of sight can spoil your enjoyment at the footy.

It goes without saying that the lad behind "cannot help it", but that doesn't lessen the impact on others, who are having their no doubt expensive enjoyment spoilt somewhat.

Personally, I don't think they've done anything untoward by changing seats. 
Turning around tutting, or berating the parents/guardians wouldn't be quite so acceptable, of course, but merely taking advantage of empty seats elsewhere is perfectly acceptable under the described circumstances... in my opinion. 

And I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that the lads family were actually quite relieved that those in front moved to other seats, as such families are often riddled with guilt at such events., which in turn can lessen their own enjoyment and relaxation. 

Before anyone starts forming a queue to give me a good kicking... I do speak from a little experience... One of our grand daughters is severely disabled.  She is now a teenager. Her wheelchair is big and bulky (made to measure)  which alone can cause problems in certain environments. 
She can kick out (eg chairs in front, if she's not wheeled far enough back), and shake about a hell of a lot (which in turn can shunt the wheelchair forwards again, despite all the brakes being on!  LOL!)
She can shout and scream for England (when the mood takes her), and also laugh and whoop with delight, again when the mood takes her.  She can smack herself around the head (which leads to the aforementioned whooping and laughter). She can swallow her mushed up food, and straw-delivered drinks.  She can smile, and grimace.  That's about the total limits of her capabilities.  Literally everything else has to be done for her.  

What she can't do is keep quiet, or consider others around her.  Her parents have to do that, whilst naturally considering the happiness and amusement for their own daughter (and her two healthy sisters).

It's a fine balancing act for sure, and whilst I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, parents in these situations soon become hardened to the reactions of others more fortunate. 

Don't beat yourself up about the actions of some of your family members.  There are a hell of a lot less thoughtful people out there, who would have been causing a scene, calling for managers, and demanding refunds.  Your mob took the sensible, polite, and more thoughtful approach, from what I'm reading.

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Wait what? B4 you must be turning over a new leaf. A couple of years ago you would have recommended he turn to his mrs and say 'off to panto, see you later'

?

Thats football mate

Panto different plus she will enjoy it.

Archived