Quality

Archied

34 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The new guy has to motivate them and pick a 'winning' team.

Was always going to be a tough one following lampard buzz even for a name like cocu , the media hype has gone and the spotlight and buzz , there s a flatness that will take a bit of time to adjust to and lift?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Archied said:

Bump ,,,, yep we have no quality players ,,, mind you they are at least finding consistency,, consistently bad

I think the term quality is a key one.

Those two halves were chalk and cheese (for clarity, neither were good, the 1st half was just in a different league of bad); but we didn't technically get any better. The difference was in one half we lacked quality, energy and fight and in the second half we brought some energy and a lot of fight. It makes a lot of difference.

Just to add, not strictly on this topic, but the amount of effort shown in that second half does suggest to me that the players aren't 'done' playing for Cocu as some (a very small minority) were suggesting in the match thread. 

My lord though January cannot come quickly enough.

3 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Our biggest problem is creativity and it has been for getting on two seasons.

Holmes again made several very poor passes when we were on the attack, simple passes. So frustrating.

I wish that FL, instead of solving our creativity problem with two star loans and buying 2 strikers; had instead brought in one striker on loan and bought someone to solve our creativity problem.

Split the difference, as it were. Not that I didn't love having both Wilson and Mount on the team. In hindsight, I think we'd be better off.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I wish that FL, instead of solving our creativity problem with two star loans and buying 2 strikers; had instead brought in one striker on loan and bought someone to solve our creativity problem.

Split the difference, as it were. Not that I didn't love having both Wilson and Mount on the team. In hindsight, I think we'd be better off.

Jo-Flo?

On 08/12/2019 at 04:45, CornwallRam said:

Wassall is lucky to be in a job at all. He's had a decade in charge of a youth set up that is more highly resourced than any in England outside the big 6. In that time we've produced 3 regular first team starters, two of whom were at the club when Wassall joined and the other was signed as a 16 year old. 

When you look at the irritating success of the Forest youth set up, with a fraction of our resources,  you really have wonder where Mel's millions have gone.

I know that the junior teams are doing well enough, but ultimately the youth set can only be judged on its effectiveness in producing talent to either sell or play for the first team. 

Assuming that Wassall's main duties are football related, rather than operational, he's been an abject failure. 

At last somebody being realistic about the academy! 

Best team at the start of the season probably would have been this:
                  Roos
Bogle  Keogh  Clarke  Malone
         Bielik  Huddlestone
Jozefzoon  Dowell  Lawrence
                Waghorn

Last night, only 3 of those players started. 4 out due to form, 4 out due to injury.

With everyone fully fit, I believe this is our best 11:
                  Roos
Bogle  Davies  Clarke  Malone
   Holmes  Bielik  Shinnie
Waghorn  Martin  Lawrence

Only 6 good enough to start, with 3 injured and 2 in bad form.

At the moment, we're down to... 2nd choice GK, 3rd and 4th CB, 3rd DM, 4th CM, and 4th/5th RW.

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With everyone fully fit, I believe this is our best 11:
                  Roos
Bogle  Davies  Clarke  Malone
   Holmes  Bielik  Shinnie
Waghorn  Martin  Lawrence

Only 6 good enough to start, with 3 injured and 2 in bad form.

At the moment, we're down to... 2nd choice GK, 3rd and 4th CB, 3rd DM, 4th CM, and 4th/5th RW.

No Rooney?! 

I can't see that Roos is better than Hamer. Felt much calmer with Hamer in goal last night and he did some shouting.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No Rooney?! 

I can't see that Roos is better than Hamer. Felt much calmer with Hamer in goal last night and he did some shouting.

Rooney isn't eligible to play yet. Otherwise I'd put Rooney in for Holmes and move Holmes to RW.

Roos' distribution is better and quicker than Hamer's and shot stopping slightly better. Pre-Wembley aerial ability fairly similar, maybe slightly worse - confidence issues at the moment.

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos' distribution is better and quicker than Hamer's and shot stopping slightly better. Pre-Wembley aerial ability fairly similar, maybe slightly worse - confidence issues at the moment.

I thought Hamer's distribution was fine last night. The defence seem more confident with him in goal, which he kept well. Roos' issues are not down to confidence they are down to lack of basic goal-keeping skills, plus he's somewhat cowardly in his approach to keeping - you'll not see him impose himself in a crowd of players.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I thought Hamer's distribution was fine last night. The defence seem more confident with him in goal, which he kept well. Roos' issues are not down to confidence they are down to lack of basic goal-keeping skills, plus he's somewhat cowardly in his approach to keeping - you'll not see him impose himself in a crowed of players.

Accurate but very slow last night. Not very accurate previously.

Archived