U23's v Dirty Leeds FREE 7pm RamsTV

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

-4ac 

So now we've determined that you did reply with the quadratic formula, could you expand on the point you're trying to make? ? 

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Cocu tried introducing U23s players against Forest in the Cup this season and we got hammered 3-0 at the City Ground. 

It’s a difficult task 

But as I stated, a very important one, that as a club it appears we have to improve...hopefully Cocu has some thoughts going 4ward

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

7 goals against Leeds and 0 goals against Forest. 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Cocu tried introducing U23s players against Forest in the Cup this season and we got hammered 3-0 at the City Ground. 

It’s a difficult task 

Mood hoover 

The Forest game should not be used as an example of why these U23s are not ready, that night was a makeshift team, one that will unlikely see the same 11 again.

Ideally you introduce one or two at a time, Sibley alongside Shinnie for example with the rest of the team at full strength.

Stating the bleeding obvious here, although it’s not always obvious to some.

9 minutes ago, David said:

The Forest game should not be used as an example of why these U23s are not ready, that night was a makeshift team, one that will unlikely see the same 11 again.

Ideally you introduce one or two at a time, Sibley alongside Shinnie for example with the rest of the team at full strength.

I do like the idea of introducing Sibley if Bielik's going to move back to CB. Any time Bielik's moved back there the midfield has lost all of its creativity and urgency, on the face of it Sibley would help to address that.

11 minutes ago, David said:

I would argue that Dowell was a wasted signing then if you aren’t going to use him .

Looked like Dowell was also good last night. .

We all know the U23s have potential but we don’t hear people shouting from the rooftops when the U23s lose and don’t play well which I have often seen do we. 

PS I think you went to one of those games as you sent a picture on the M180 or something 

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I would argue that Dowell was a wasted signing then if you aren’t going to use him .

We all know the U23s have potential but we don’t hear people shouting from the rooftops when the U23s lose and don’t play well which I have often seen do we. 

PS I think you went to one of those games as you sent a picture on the M180 or something 

U23s have only lost once this season, probably why. Also people will be aware they are developing footballers and won’t lay into them as they would experienced first team players. 

Dowell, just like every player at the club be it first team, U23s or U18s has to show they deserve a place in the team, unfortunately right now he hasn’t. 

Not sure what the recall options are, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he returned to Everton in January if either side can pull the plug.

5 minutes ago, David said:

U23s have only lost once this season, probably why. Also people will be aware they are developing footballers and won’t lay into them as they would experienced first team players. 

Dowell, just like every player at the club be it first team, U23s or U18s has to show they deserve a place in the team, unfortunately right now Dowell hasn’t. 

Not sure what the recall options are, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he returned to Everton in January if either side can pull the plug.

Yes they lost to Wolves .

Love Derby to win all their games in all Leagues.

Its a difficult balancing act to get the right balance throughout the club. 

Heard Gareth Southgate saying last night in an interview a good team needs a mixture of experience and good youth players.

The experienced players have to help the younger players when they step up.

The integration of players through the ranks is difficult.

NC was brilliant at it. 

Heard Craig Ramage say on RD that Brian Clough would have dragged Jayden Bogle off after his mistake and Ramage would of done the same thing. 

I’m not in agreement with that as that could also destroy the lads confidence.

Just now, Curtains said:

Yes they lost to Wolves .

Love Derby to win all their games in all Leagues.

Its a difficult balancing act to get the right balance throughout the club. 

Heard Gareth Southgate saying last night in an interview a good team needs a mixture of experience and good youth players.

The experienced players have to help the younger players when they step up.

The integration of players through the ranks is difficult.

NC was brilliant at it. 

Heard Craig Ramage say on RD that Brian Clough would have dragged Jayden Bogle off after his mistake and Ramage would of done the same thing. 

I’m not in agreement with that as that could also destroy the lads confidence.

Football has changed so much over the years, what Brian Clough did then possibly wouldn’t work now. Really don’t understand those types of comments.

Bogle will know that pass was lazy/sloppy/stupid, won’t need telling by anyone and I don’t see what dragging him off would achieve. 

Haven’t listened to Radio Derby all season to be honest, but could it have been said in frustration as I’m sure we all had that ffs moment when the ball fell on to Grabban’s plate.

28 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Often? 2 defeats all season. The first against Chelsea on the opening day (0-1), and an unlucky 1-2 defeat against Wolves in the PL Cup. I can't remember anyone complaining about the quality of the performances in those games.

Archived