U23's v Dirty Leeds FREE 7pm RamsTV

Inverurie Ram

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Supposedly a real dearth of pigs in blankets available this Christmas so get em in now and freeze em .  Heard it on the radio the other day. Otherwise the option will be E bay at £50 a packet along with the latest toy everyone want's.  Last year I saw a massive line outside Aldi at 6.30 in the morning - pitch black in minus 4 temperatures . They were waiting to get Kevin the carrot toys. Everyone loses grasp on the faculty's this time of year.

Or just buy some bacon and some sausages and make them yourself like normal people?! 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! Yeah when the Chelski U23s were wetting themselves over young Max I was keener on blondie. ?

Are you referring to the last game of the U23 16/17 season? Bird was 16 at the time and Sibley was still an U16 player with just one game at U18 level and none for the U23s. He didn’t play for the U23s until March 2018. 
Mason Mount also played in that game - his last at that level before going out on loan. 

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Cheers JFR. I remember now you've mentioned it. He's a young'un right? I guess that might make a tad more sense. To be fair to him, with his old man slithering off, perhaps there were other reasons afoot?

His parents wanted him to stay at Derby. 

10 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

In the main, Leeds fans aren’t the brightest, although I know some great ones believe it or not. One thing they certainly don’t know are the sentencing guidelines for those driving over the limit. Perhaps he is feeling a little bit sad bless him. And it’s seven...criminal defending Leeds...you should be in jail, you should be in jail. 

Was watching one of those police interceptor type programmes the other night, they said roughly 500,000 breath tests are recorded each year with 1/5 being over the limit. A quick check shows there were 83,000 (Wikipedia) people in prison last year, so sending down all drunk drivers would more than double our prison population.....but you know, he should be in jail ??‍♂️?

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Are you referring to the last game of the U23 16/17 season? Bird was 16 at the time and Sibley was still an U16 player with just one game at U18 level and none for the U23s. He didn’t play for the U23s until March 2018. 

I conflated a couple of ideas. Bird was noticed by Chelsea at 16 and was still be 'preferred' over Sibley (paraphrasing) as late as this preseason (damn those Yanks and their visas).

9 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Cheers JFR. I remember now you've mentioned it. He's a young'un right? I guess that might make a tad more sense. To be fair to him, with his old man slithering off, perhaps there were other reasons afoot?

Only 16 I think.

Ethan Wassall is in his early 20s, you're right. I get the feeling that he's kept here just to keep up the numbers/standard.

We have some of, if not the best, upcoming talent in the country. And a manager who has a reputation for integrating talent into a 1st team squad. Surely it's a must that some of this talent makes the transition into first team football with success...to me this is an area we must improve, it really doesn't add up if we don't see this happening. Despite the academy winning trophies, football matches and plaudits without producing 1st team players with a re-sale value one could argue that the academy is not really proving cost effective?

2 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

We have some of, if not the best, upcoming talent in the country. And a manager who has a reputation for integrating talent into a 1st team squad. Surely it's a must that some of this talent makes the transition into first team football with success...to me this is an area we must improve, it really doesn't add up if we don't see this happening. Despite the academy winning trophies, football matches and plaudits without producing 1st team players with a re-sale value one could argue that the academy is not really proving cost effective?

Cocu tried introducing U23s players against Forest in the Cup this season and we got hammered 3-0 at the City Ground. 

It’s a difficult task 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

-b plus plus or minus the square root of b squared all over 2a 

Is that supposed to be the Quadratic formula, or some mathematic clap back?

If the former, you missed a bit, if the latter then I am bested.

Archived