U23s v Feyenoord

Day

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Jml did well in the middle, as did Brown in central mid, decent shot on him too.

Good game again, better going forward - just not the finishing. (How far off this level is Stretton?)

Fozzy managed to pass to his teammates more often tonight and Bennett looked dangerous.

Knight must be in first team squad soon.

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Hector-Ingram has won 4 penalties in the last two U23 games ?

He's won at least another 2 during the season and 3 or 4 during pre-season.

"What a guy!"

Pretty crazy. At least 6 penalties won in I think 12 games. Scored 4 of them himself. Missed one. One scored by Bennett. Pretty crazy.

The stat sheets for U23 games are not detailed enough to look back and see if he won ones that were missed outside of Wolves last time out; but I feel like there was one.

I do wonder if he's diving though. Obviously he could just have those quick feet/acceleration that really lends itself to being fouled but there is a cynical part of me thinking this  penalty winning production can't be reasonable. ? 
Usually easy to tell if someone's diving as we get replays from good angles.

10 minutes ago, U.M. said:

Thought Jml did well in the middle, as did Brown in central mid, decent shot on him too.

Good game again, better going forward - just not the finishing. (How far off this level is Stretton?)

Fozzy managed to pass to his teammates more often tonight and Bennett looked dangerous.

Knight must be in first team squad soon.

Its so hard for the first team knight should be in there yet sibley last night as well should be in there we have so much class its impossible for them all to be in there bielik 21, holmes 24, shinnie 28 sibley 18, knight 18,  brown 18 bird 19 some competition their, for 3 midfield places

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pretty crazy. At least 6 penalties won in I think 12 games. Scored 4 of them himself. Missed one. One scored by Bennett. Pretty crazy.

The stat sheets for U23 games are not detailed enough to look back and see if he won ones that were missed outside of Wolves last time out; but I feel like there was one.

I do wonder if he's diving though. Obviously he could just have those quick feet/acceleration that really lends itself to being fouled but there is a cynical part of me thinking this  penalty winning production can't be reasonable. ? 
Usually easy to tell if someone's diving as we get replays from good angles.

I'm sure you can still go on the website and watch the highlights for each game to check?

I've not seen him outright dive to win any tbf, there's always a nudge / push in the back and a clear reason he's been given it (aside from the last game when he got given one for backing into the keeper) albeit it I don't think he'd get given quite a few of them in the men's game. 

He never really seems to win any where he's tripped by the opponent, it's always body-on-body.

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

He isn't diving per se but he is doing what a lot of attackers do these days and slowing down just enough for the chasing defender to run into him.

Archived