My POTY if held now

Bob The Badger

Max Lowe.

I was super frustrated when talk of him leaving kept coming up in pre-season because all I have ever heard were good reports.

Since he's some into the team he has got better and better playing out of position.

With Malone playing like he's not Scott Malone for the last two games and Bogle coming back full back may be becoming a position of strength.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% agree, Lowe has given his all in every game, and done astoundingly well out of position. Been the one man that even when we’ve been poor has performed to a decent standard. Should have given him a new dimension to his play as well, perhaps even made him decent with both feet. He should be even better now on his correct side. Seems to have developed well on loan. Can’t wait to have him one side and bogle the other. Should have some serious pace and creativity then that we’re desperately lacking. Could be the best FB pairing we’ve had in a long time.

Occasionally, as we saw today, playing on the wrong side let's him play the sort of passes that wouldn't be natural on his right foot, but are perfect for the situation.

He's done ever so well out of position, and it won't do his long term development any harm at all.

Malone has serious competition, as well as I thought he played today.

To play out of position is no easy task, to also have to play predominantly on your weak foot is an even bigger ask. To then turn out some really solid performances, both defensively and offensively, has been brilliant to see.

Once we get Bogle back up to speed, we will have 2 brilliant prospects as our fullbacks who both possess dangerous attacking traits. Malone, Wisdom and Buchanan as backups is also very strong, in regard to squad depth. 

Without Max, we don't get that equaliser v Leeds and it was a tremendous run so it's nice to see him get the plaudits now that he deserves

Archived