Fantasy NFL 2019

Westcumbrianram

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Good luck with that ?

Plenty of waiver wire action today. Fairly comfortable with my lineup now.

I know... he's having a mare isn't he. Not much on waivers and it's 100% guaranteed he'll start to become useful as soon as I drop him. Persevere this week, TB are one of the worst vs TE. He'll be out next week probably though, Hockenson can fill in until Brees returns when Cook's volume should increase.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I know... he's having a mare isn't he. Not much on waivers and it's 100% guaranteed he'll start to become useful as soon as I drop him. Persevere this week, TB are one of the worst vs TE. He'll be out next week probably though, Hockenson can fill in until Brees returns when Cook's volume should increase.

You shouldn't drop him;

He'll grow into the offense - and after our bye (maybe even the week before) we'll have Drew Brees back who will get the ball to him far more often than Teddy is.

I'd just be surprised if he has anything like a big game with Teddy. We're playing risk aversion offense with Teddy; in the redzone, everything either goes to Kamara or Thomas - our safest pairs of hands. Brees will absolutely target Cook in the redzone.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

After watching our secondary in the last game, I'm all in on DK Metcalf to bring home the W this week! 

Been getting targeted less and less, I noticed; Looked like a ROTY contender in week one. 

I think my teams going to ride or die on what Melvin Gordon does with his limited snaps. Not a good week for my WR corps at all; unless Watkins or Brown start living up to their WR1 status, which they haven't done in two weeks.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Anyone got a spare running back? ?‍♂️?

I'll give you Duke Johnson for DeAndre Hopkins, a Texan for a Texan; seems fair to me.

3 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Looks like I'll be facing more than 90 points this week ?

Opponent has scored about as projected, so far +2 or so points across the 3 players played.

If that remains true for both of us I win; but my lineups more high risk high reward so way more liable to score way below projected - which is the reason I've lost the last two weeks (that plus a terrible decision in both weeks)

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Opponent has scored about as projected, so far +2 or so points across the 3 players played.

If that remains true for both of us I win; but my lineups more high risk high reward so way more liable to score way below projected - which is the reason I've lost the last two weeks (that plus a terrible decision in both weeks)

Your team looks strong now Gordon is back... you just need Ekeler to pick up an injury!

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Your team looks strong now Gordon is back... you just need Ekeler to pick up an injury!

In hindsight, I did pretty poorly picking my WRs while under the impression Gordon was going to be out for over half the season. But - I think if I had got one of the true WR1s, it would have been to give up Pat Mahomes - so, 6 of one.

Got very lucky Gordon's come back so quickly.

probably not the greatest strategy picking 2 WRs with your first 2 picks, but I’d have expected a bit more from Hopkins & Thielen, especially Hopkins who’s done bugger all since week 1. Fingers crossed this is the week they come to the party, or I’m screwed.

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

probably not the greatest strategy picking 2 WRs with your first 2 picks, but I’d have expected a bit more from Hopkins & Thielen, especially Hopkins who’s done bugger all since week 1. Fingers crossed this is the week they come to the party, or I’m screwed.

I'm sure they'll pick up; tricky though because WRs can be so volatile in terms of production.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm sure they'll pick up; tricky though because WRs can be so volatile in terms of production.

Very true. I benched Thielen last week, as I knew what was coming in Chicago ?‍♂️ I’m fairly confident he will be more involved this week though.

Atlanta should be a good matchup for Hopkins ?

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Very true. I benched Thielen last week, as I knew what was coming in Chicago ?‍♂️ I’m fairly confident he will be more involved this week though.

Atlanta should be a good matchup for Hopkins ?

I'm hoping Houston is a good matchup for Sanu too, cos big Kenny's on bye.

Watkins and Brown are undroppable cos of the amount of targets they're seeing but they're doing duck all with them of late. Really aggravating.

58 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm hoping Houston is a good matchup for Sanu too, cos big Kenny's on bye.

Watkins and Brown are undroppable cos of the amount of targets they're seeing but they're doing duck all with them of late. Really aggravating.

I dropped Brown for Gallman last week in another league, which worked out well. Not sure that’s a good plan up against the Vikings run defence though.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I dropped Brown for Gallman last week in another league, which worked out well. Not sure that’s a good plan up against the Vikings run defence though.

I assume that league is somewhat shallower than ours? 

Playing in a 12 team league is a big test to be honest. Once you get outside of 8 teams you're basically reliant on outsider information for who to pick up that doesn't play for your team/in your division ? 

I picked up Ted Ginn recently because I was fed up of constantly picking up players I'd never heard of - literally the only reason. That and I think he'll be a good WR2 option when Brees is back. 

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I assume that league is somewhat shallower than ours? 

Playing in a 12 team league is a big test to be honest. Once you get outside of 8 teams you're basically reliant on outsider information for who to pick up that doesn't play for your team/in your division ? 

I picked up Ted Ginn recently because I was fed up of constantly picking up players I'd never heard of - literally the only reason. That and I think he'll be a good WR2 option when Brees is back. 

It’s a 12 team league, double flex on sleeper. Set up from the uk Vikings Facebook group. I don’t know how I’ve got the team I’ve got, it’s ridiculous, I’m 4-0 so far, i’ll Screenshot my team...originally I had Roethlisberger at QB and Gostkowski at kicker, and I think Ito Smith was in there.

there was some serious reaching for Vikings players going on that probably helped me out, as you can see I don’t have any, hence why I’m doing so well ?

CB0140A6-F4E8-43A6-A9D0-B7B2F6D6AFD5.png

F40C1645-9BCC-4F08-8F8B-972163282B55.png

4 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

It’s a 12 team league, double flex on sleeper. Set up from the uk Vikings Facebook group. I don’t know how I’ve got the team I’ve got, it’s ridiculous, I’m 4-0 so far, i’ll Screenshot my team...originally I had Roethlisberger at QB and Gostkowski at kicker, and I think Ito Smith was in there.

there was some serious reaching for Vikings players going on that probably helped me out, as you can see I don’t have any, hence why I’m doing so well ?

In a 12 team league that is frankly absurd.

Two top 10 RBs, two top 5 WRs, two top 5 TEs ? - how the hell has that happened?? The other players must have drafted the entire Vikings squad!

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In a 12 team league that is frankly absurd.

Two top 10 RBs, two top 5 WRs, two top 5 TEs ? - how the hell has that happened?? The other players must have drafted the entire Vikings squad!

I know ? if I remember right m, the draft went...

cmac, Kelce, Allen, Henry, cupp, Andrews, I was amazed those last 4 were there each time. I reached for the Bears D and went really late on a QB, unlike this league where I reached for Baker effing Mayfield ?‍♂️

Of course Sammy Watkins is suddenly listed as Questionable with a hamstring problem the weekend that Golladay is on bye. Of course.

Archived