ticket prices

DCFC Ram

I am a season ticket holder and needed to buy 2 extra adult tickets for the West Brom game - in the cheapest area. £33 each plus the 'booking fee'! 

£68.

the only way to get a reduction would have been to shell out an extra £40 for 'membership' to save about £15!

for a game that's on tv.

anyway, we are all '12th man' so it's fine

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't say whether you are happy with these prices or not... but I suspect not?

So you're paying the going rate, for 2 x adults who are not season ticket holders, effectively getting no preferential treatment for being a ST holder yourself?
I get the same treatment when my glory-hunting family members want to join me for the For*st game, or the last WBA game*... but I don't feel the need to complain about said prices.  They are what they are... for everyone... and we all have a choice, and decisions to make.  Some would pay £200 to see Beyonce, some of us wouldn't pay a fiver!

I watched our game at Scunny the other night, for free.  It wasn't important enough for me to bother, if I'd have had to pay.

*...and don't even mention the stick I got on here for having 5 of  the same glory-hunting relatives join me at Wembley... but again, there was no preferential treatment involved, despite me being a Season Ticket Holder!

The age old 20s plenty does spring to mind and those ticket prices do seem on the high side for what most people can afford every other week or so. But it’s the way football ticket prices are nowadays, and with the money that’s in the game, it’s understandable, as much as it is galling. It’s the same everywhere not just here, so it’s not like the club are just ripping us off, it’s just the way things are and there’s not much we can do about it. The games changed and some could argue for the worse, but the club are still getting bums on seats in support of the club, so you can’t really say much. The memberships while expensive to start with do save you money in the long run if you go to enough games, so they can be worth it and you can really complain at them. You can’t moan at not getting discount for being a ST holder either... that ticket is for you and you only, not for any other glory hunter to get in the odd game cheaper.

The booking fees I have to say irk me a little mind, not quite sure why we should pay a quid per ticket (not even per transaction!) to print our tickets at home when it’s free from the ticket office... I suspect it’s out the clubs hands and is the doing of whoever makes the ticket website to make some money out of it though.

When I was between 17 and 22 I simply didn't earn enough to be able to afford the prices and that was true of lots of friends. I actually applaud Forest for what they did last season for younger fans, offering 4-11 year olds a season ticket for £10, 12-17 year olds for £50 and 18-23 year olds £100 for the season.

For those that can make games we make the commitment and part with our hard-earned cash age regardless, but I feel we could boost our support by offering a similar structure for the young. 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The age old 20s plenty does spring to mind and those ticket prices do seem on the high side for what most people can afford every other week or so. But it’s the way football ticket prices are nowadays, and with the money that’s in the game, it’s understandable, as much as it is galling. It’s the same everywhere not just here, so it’s not like the club are just ripping us off, it’s just the way things are and there’s not much we can do about it. The games changed and some could argue for the worse, but the club are still getting bums on seats in support of the club, so you can’t really say much. The memberships while expensive to start with do save you money in the long run if you go to enough games, so they can be worth it and you can really complain at them. You can’t moan at not getting discount for being a ST holder either... that ticket is for you and you only, not for any other glory hunter to get in the odd game cheaper.

The booking fees I have to say irk me a little mind, not quite sure why we should pay a quid per ticket (not even per transaction!) to print our tickets at home when it’s free from the ticket office... I suspect it’s out the clubs hands and is the doing of whoever makes the ticket website to make some money out of it though.

I watched a WC match with a Real Madrid ST holder he was not happy with the price he paid. I think we worked out he was paying around  EUR80 more than my ST and I am in one the cheapest seats.

The biggest problem is that in the PL and Championship the money in the game goes to wages and agents. They suck most of the money out of the game with the exception of the Glazers who bleed the club for themselves. Mel has spoken at length at various fans forums of the cost (wages really) vs income ratio in the Championship, it is ust not sustainable. I would not be surprised if the average wage in the Championship is broadly in line if not higher than the top leagues in the continent if you exclude the CL teams.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Booking fee is charged no matter if delivered or collected. There's a separate delivery fee of £1.00

If ever I get tickets for my glory-hunting relatives, I always* get them at the ticket office counter.  Up until 16 months ago I passed the stadium twice a day, 5 days a week.  Even now, it's only 5 mins out of the way, be that from work or home, so it's no hardship for me.  I appreciate not everyone can get there quite so effortlessly.

Where was I... Oh yeah...   I don't recall ever being charged any more than the face value of the ticket(s).

*Apart from Wembley, for obvious reasons.

EDIT:

Oh... just realised... I think you were referring to booking on line, but then collecting the ticket in person.  I, of course, was referring to actually purchasing at the ticket office.  Totally different scenario.  My bad! 
My mistake... your fault!   ;)

This is pretty much the only grip I  have with Mel nowadays.

We used to have a demand ticket pricing policy in place, which was really good for match day pricing. About £20 tops most games.

Now it's 20 odd  to watch a friendly against a Spanish second division side and "from" £30 to watch us play Bristol friggin' City on a Tuesday night.

Ridiculously overpriced for a club in the Championship, would love to see what other sides charge on average. Surely can't be more than that.

Then the club will wonder why certain software is used to watch games ?

57 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Could've collected from the ground on the match day for £2 less no?

Nope. I will be collecting them from the ground. Still £2.

I seem to be able to avoid paying £2 by paying £40 to become a member. 

14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

This is pretty much the only grip I  have with Mel nowadays.

We used to have a demand ticket pricing policy in place, which was really good for match day pricing. About £20 tops most games.

Now it's 20 odd  to watch a friendly against a Spanish second division side and "from" £30 to watch us play Bristol friggin' City on a Tuesday night.

Ridiculously overpriced for a club in the Championship, would love to see what other sides charge on average. Surely can't be more than that.

Then the club will wonder why certain software is used to watch games ?

Re the highlighted sentence...

How can you state the first bit, if you don't know the second bit?

32 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I watched a WC match with a Real Madrid ST holder he was not happy with the price he paid. I think we worked out he was paying around  EUR80 more than my ST and I am in one the cheapest seats.

The biggest problem is that in the PL and Championship the money in the game goes to wages and agents. They suck most of the money out of the game with the exception of the Glazers who bleed the club for themselves. Mel has spoken at length at various fans forums of the cost (wages really) vs income ratio in the Championship, it is ust not sustainable. I would not be surprised if the average wage in the Championship is broadly in line if not higher than the top leagues in the continent if you exclude the CL teams.

Yeah it certainly is a problem more seen in this country than others- places like Germany etc have cheaper tickets for the top games than we do for a game against Barnsley sometimes! I guess it’s like you say to do with the massive amount of money that’s in the prem- far more than any other league in the world, and the impact of it trickles down to our league. It becomes particularly bad for clubs like us trying to compete with the parachute payment clubs but without anywhere near the same level of income. And it’s not like we have much choice, like you say the money in the championship isn’t enough to sustain a club of our size. When you ooom at it like that, it’s no wonder ticket prices have to be quite High compared to in Europe where the moneys less in general.

I'd like PP to be sold out as I think that the atmosphere was good when it was (a few seasons ago).

I think that prices like these are unlikely to achieve a sell out.

I think that the price for the WBA match is too high.

I think that it is unfair to charge such prices for people who do not have / cannot use season tickets.

I don't think that anying buying a ticket is a glory hunter

My two mates had to give up their season tickets a couple of years ago when they were posted overseas.

1 minute ago, DCFC Ram said:

I think that it is unfair to charge such prices for people who do not have / cannot use season tickets.

If match day tickets became cheaper than the average price of each game for a season ticket holder in their category then 22,000 people would be kicking off.

Archived