ticket prices

DCFC Ram

Don't pay it if you're not happy with it.

I used to go to 35 games + per season, but that was when it cost me £20 or less to get in. 

Not gone regularly since Mac 1, not because of the quality (watching a shoestring Nigel Clough team away from home with a left back as the sole striker builds character), solely because £30 and more is too expensive to justify to myself.

And this is someone who lives less than 10 miles from the ground, has no kids, an average paying job and is free most Saturday's (but not enough to get a Season Ticket).

The club runs as a business unfortunately and I don't expect them to be morally ashamed of the prices they charge, but as a business they should probably be (and probably are) looking at the prices they charge and wondering where the missing 5,000 fans are. Whether or not they want to address that is up to them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As others have said the demise of demand pricing has been a real killer on the wallet for those of us without season tickets. I had one from when i was 8-18 but i went to uni in Lancaster and had to give it up. Last year I got to 9 games in the regular season as I try to average one a month. I currently live in Leeds and am a PhD student; with a £30 ticket, £25 train fare with dinner and a drink thrown in it becomes a very expensive business.

The club can't do anything about the train but they could do something about the pricing structure which is expensive for second division football.  Even if demand pricing goes out the window their should be a better pricing structure which incorporates more people and becomes a more affordable experience for those of us who want to go to a decent number of games but can't afford the season ticket. 

2 minutes ago, old ram 15 said:

As others have said the demise of demand pricing has been a real killer on the wallet for those of us without season tickets. I had one from when i was 8-18 but i went to uni in Lancaster and had to give it up. Last year I got to 9 games in the regular season as I try to average one a month. I currently live in Leeds and am a PhD student; with a £30 ticket, £25 train fare with dinner and a drink thrown in it becomes a very expensive business.

The club can't do anything about the train but they could do something about the pricing structure which is expensive for second division football.  Even if demand pricing goes out the window their should be a better pricing structure which incorporates more people and becomes a more affordable experience for those of us who want to go to a decent number of games but can't afford the season ticket. 

People keep saying this (the bolded bit), but from what I’ve seen, we’re about on par with the rest of our division - especially those competing at the top end of the league. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

People keep saying this (the bolded bit), but from what I’ve seen, we’re about on par with the rest of our division - especially those competing at the top end of the league. 

It's probably not wrong to say that most clubs overcharge for second division football from my experience tbh

Archived