Stoke is now a sell out

Derby blood

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Can remember going to the old Victoria ground in our promotion season of 86 under Mr Cox, we won 1-0, and right at the end of the game we had one hell of a scramble on our goal line, which ended with a free for all , if my memory serves me right, Hindmarch was excellent that day, also very lively in the stadium that day to, with Derby fans kicking off in the home end, a great atmosphere though and a great 3 points my second favourite away game off the season with Shefffield United being my first, also enjoyed Oldham away when we won 4-1, I was only  15 years  old back then, and my first season travelling away with the Rams with my mates, some great times.

Remember Graham Richard's commentary on that particular incident. Absolutely priceless. 

Can remember going to the old Victoria ground in our promotion season of 86 under Mr Cox, we won 1-0, and right at the end of the game we had one hell of a scramble on our goal line, which ended with a free for all , if my memory serves me right, Hindmarch was excellent that day, also very lively in the stadium that day to, with Derby fans kicking off in the home end, a great atmosphere though and a great 3 points my second favourite away game off the season with Shefffield United being my first, also enjoyed Oldham away when we won 4-1, I was only  15 years  old back then, and my first season travelling away with the Rams with my mates, some great times.

I was there too and pretty sure it was 2-0 ?

Found it... the goal mouth melee was when they thought they had equalised (i recall), and everyone bar Mark Wallington appeared to be in the back of the net fighting ! Pretty sure it was Phil Gee who scored on the break not long after for 2-0. Happy days !! I can’t remember Williams scoring which is odd as he didn’t score many !

C041F3BB-0933-469E-8833-FACBABEAA95E.jpeg

2 hours ago, wyschtonram said:

Found it... the goal mouth melee was when they thought they had equalised (i recall), and everyone bar Mark Wallington appeared to be in the back of the net fighting ! Pretty sure it was Phil Gee who scored on the break not long after for 2-0. Happy days !! I can’t remember Williams scoring which is odd as he didn’t score many !

Thanks for the info, could have sworn it was 1-0 as well, but it was a great atmosphere and the away end was full, went on the Trent bus for about 5 pound, and had to run to the ground as the bus was late, just got in as it kicked off.

32 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Thanks for the info, could have sworn it was 1-0 as well, but it was a great atmosphere and the away end was full, went on the Trent bus for about 5 pound, and had to run to the ground as the bus was late, just got in as it kicked off.

It always kicked off at Stoke...

20 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Would that Sheff u one be the lovely Phil Gee goal one. Barnstorming away day that was for some reason . Rams were ace that day,

someone will now put the clip on of the Phil Gee goal..   which I was right behind 

50 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Would that Sheff u one be the lovely Phil Gee goal one. Barnstorming away day that was for some reason . Rams were ace that day,

someone will now put the clip on of the Phil Gee goal..   which I was right behind 

This one?

4 minutes ago, Martyn said:

This one?

There too, look at that following. Tingle down the spine, very special thank you. Mark Lillis, I was at BBG for his only goal for us, he ran to the fence, jumped on it,right in front of us . 

12 hours ago, wyschtonram said:

No wonder we beat them, they didn't field anyone!

10 minutes ago, Martyn said:

This one?

That’s the one indeed - mad day - I stayed in Sheffield all night on West st

What a finish - Burridge didn’t stop that one

loads of ram fans that day - bottom (standing) and top tier and in home side stand 

it was a good terrace at Bramall Lane

Remember me dad taking me to watch there / when they only had three stands - cos they had a cricket ground next door. Kevin Hector did em that day 

10 hours ago, irobinson said:

Yes it was mate, my favourite away day ever, took 10,000 with us and when Gee scored I went from top of the terrace to the bottom, fantastic season that one was. Will never forget that game at Sheffield think we won a record breaking 11 games away that season.

10 hours ago, SKRam said:

I too can’t recall Stoke. Did most home and away in those days. Oldham 4-1 I  was there. Plastic pitch am I right? Those were wonderful memories. ?

Yes you are right plastic pitch, but we were brillant that day I think we went second or top that day.

28 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Yes it was mate, my favourite away day ever, took 10,000 with us and when Gee scored I went from top of the terrace to the bottom, fantastic season that one was. Will never forget that game at Sheffield think we won a record breaking 11 games away that season.

yes I remember it well and we took thousands when i first saw the clip i thought I'm sure we took 10k that day and you've just confirmed it...great day 

8 minutes ago, Saity said:

yes I remember it well and we took thousands when i first saw the clip i thought I'm sure we took 10k that day and you've just confirmed it...great day 

How were you allowed 10000 - those were days - presumably a terrace helps and I think I just paid on the day at the turnstile

took me new girlfriend - duckin lost her when Phil scored 

17 minutes ago, irobinson said:

How were you allowed 10000 - those were days - presumably a terrace helps and I think I just paid on the day at the turnstile

took me new girlfriend - duckin lost her when Phil scored 

Actually thinking about it I remember the FA Cup match there in the 80's where we won 1-0 and we definitely took 10,000 that game but was at both and won both 1-0

Archived