Stoke is now a sell out

Derby blood

18 minutes ago, Saity said:

Actually thinking about it I remember the FA Cup match there in the 80's where we won 1-0 and we definitely took 10,000 that game but was at both and won both 1-0

I might be wrong, like I was about the result at Stoke, but I do believe we took 9000 in the cup game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I might be wrong, like I was about the result at Stoke, but I do believe we took 9000 in the cup game.

maybe its me who's wrong mate but I do remember though that at both games our support was immense....?

On 13/08/2019 at 12:24, Derby blood said:

Can remember going to the old Victoria ground in our promotion season of 86 under Mr Cox, we won 1-0, and right at the end of the game we had one hell of a scramble on our goal line, which ended with a free for all , if my memory serves me right, Hindmarch was excellent that day, also very lively in the stadium that day to, with Derby fans kicking off in the home end, a great atmosphere though and a great 3 points my second favourite away game off the season with Shefffield United being my first, also enjoyed Oldham away when we won 4-1, I was only  15 years  old back then, and my first season travelling away with the Rams with my mates, some great times.

At the risk of appearing to glorify hooliganism, (I'm really not, its just how it was back then), ive seen a few times at Stoke when its been a bit interesting....one time.....

back in the 70's, there was a game when Gordon Hill scored the winner for Derby late on, considering the twit scored against us in the 1976 FA Cup semi-final for Man Ure, it must have been 77 or 78. Anyway, there was a coach load of us in the "Paddock', the side terrace of the old Victoria Ground. We celebrated like salmon up a waterfall and laughed at the Stokies leaving the ground from their Boothen End when Hill smashed his goal in, until the said Stokies made there way into the very terrace we were celebrating in....they poured in to the back of us and a pretty intense bout of 70's style discourse took place until Staffordshire Constabulary thrashed some kind of order into the situation with their old fashioned, quaint, truncheons. Lovely pieces of crafted woodwork they were if a tad painful when in contact with a random elbow or knee.

The short journey back to our coach was also character building iirc.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

At the risk of appearing to glorify hooliganism, (I'm really not, its just how it was back then), ive seen a few times at Stoke when its been a bit interesting....one time.....

back in the 70's, there was a game when Gordon Hill scored the winner for Derby late on, considering the twit scored against us in the 1976 FA Cup semi-final for Man Ure, it must have been 77 or 78. Anyway, there was a coach load of us in the "Paddock', the side terrace of the old Victoria Ground. We celebrated like salmon up a waterfall and laughed at the Stokies leaving the ground from their Boothen End when Hill smashed his goal in, until the said Stokies made there way into the very terrace we were celebrating in....they poured in to the back of us and a pretty intense bout of 70's style discourse took place until Staffordshire Constabulary thrashed some kind of order into the situation with their old fashioned, quaint, truncheons. Lovely pieces of crafted woodwork they were if a tad painful when in contact with a random elbow or knee.

Yep had a few confrontations myself at the old victoria ground Stoke have always been a bit like that and not glorifying it either but when I think back to some of the scrapes I've been involved in it makes me wonder how I kept going to some of the grounds.

Sheff Weds 0 Derby 0 ( Terry Curran missed a pen ) when we were 1 and 2 in the league spent most of the game getting crushed against the barriers when the Rams fans pushed forward on the terracing  was still one of the occasions I'll never forget....being a scrawny 15 year old  at the time and on my own as i live in london I went to so many away games and still love away games... I got pretty badly set upon by 3 or 4 idiots who were basically men in there mid 20s....on the bus on the way back to Sheffield station from hillsborough and was lucky to get off the bus alive lol ....Being 6ft2 and 17 stone now I'd still like to bump into those guys again ...mind you they'd probably be pensioners now lol 

15 hours ago, irobinson said:

How were you allowed 10000 - those were days - presumably a terrace helps and I think I just paid on the day at the turnstile

took me new girlfriend - duckin lost her when Phil scored 

Mate, if I knew it was that easy to lose my girlfriend, I'd buy her a bloody season ticket!

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm sure I've heard Mel Morris say that he was once chased by Stoke fans when he was a young Rams fan.

Archived