Iván Cavaleiro - Joined Fulham

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

With Leeds paying 15m for Costa (obligation), you’d expect Wolves are after a similar price for Iván. Surely that is out of our budget? 

Would be surprised if it wasn't a loan with potentially an option to buy.

However, I've got a feeling we've got a bit of money to spend. So who knows! ?

Cavaleiro was the one that came in and hit the ground running the slowest, yet seemed to prove himself to have a bit more about him than the rest. Costa came in and was dynamite, but then he got injured and came back terribly. Bonatini came in scored a hatful and then couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.. in the middle of the Pacific ocean. 

I'd be happy with Cavaleiro. He can play anywhere in the front three positions too. 

Cavaleiro is a weird player, he’s got the attributes to be a proper proper top class elite footballer, and you can see why he had such high ratings as a youngster. He’s got so much talent in his locker, and a proper all rounder too and a consistent performer at his best- which many forwards at this level lack. But there’s something holding him back for me that means in spite of all that, he never really made it in the prem. Maybe he lacks a bit of football intelligence in terms of making the right decisions, that can hold a talented player technically like him back at a high level. I don’t know. But something just concerns me a little about him and whether we’d be able to get him back on track and get the most out of his obvious top drawer talent. Would be a risk so I’m not sure.

Mind FWIW I think the link is balls. I don’t believe it at all. Especially when you’re getting basic stuff wrong about our current frontline, Nugent went a while back and they forgot about Lawrence and Bennett. Very poor journalism, not hard to research that. Hence why I think the whole thing is talking poo. Assuming it isn’t, then we do need at least one winger so Itd make sense with respect to that, and I think we could compete with Fulham and Huddersfield alright to get him. But I don’t think he’d drop to this level anyway, I’d have thought a lower end prem team would take the risk if he’s available which he clearly is.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Cavaleiro is a weird player, he’s got the attributes to be a proper proper top class elite footballer, and you can see why he had such high ratings as a youngster. He’s got so much talent in his locker, and a proper all rounder too and a consistent performer at his best- which many forwards at this level lack. But there’s something holding him back for me that means in spite of all that, he never really made it in the prem. Maybe he lacks a bit of football intelligence in terms of making the right decisions, that can hold a talented player technically like him back at a high level. I don’t know. But something just concerns me a little about him and whether we’d be able to get him back on track and get the most out of his obvious top drawer talent. Would be a risk so I’m not sure.

Mind FWIW I think the link is balls. I don’t believe it at all. Especially when you’re getting basic stuff wrong about our current frontline, Nugent went a while back and they forgot about Lawrence and Bennett. Very poor journalism, not hard to research that. Hence why I think the whole thing is talking poo. Assuming it isn’t, then we do need at least one winger so Itd make sense with respect to that, and I think we could compete with Fulham and Huddersfield alright to get him. But I don’t think he’d drop to this level anyway, I’d have thought a lower end prem team would take the risk if he’s available which he clearly is.

Yeah, rubbish assessment. No self respecting Derby fan, or Journalist for that matter, would forget Marriott (or Martin). Basic stuff really ?

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Yeah, rubbish assessment. No self respecting Derby fan, or Journalist for that matter, would forget Marriott. Basic stuff really ?

Marriott? Don’t you start.

Thats what Frankie said at Wembley.

Wayhay!

Archived