Iván Cavaleiro - Joined Fulham

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This type of winger is something we've never had. Strong, Powerful and Direct. I think of the likes of Adomah, Bakary Sako, El Ghazi, Onel Hernandez at Norwich. 

Not saying this guy is the answer but would add some variety to what we already have. 

I thought he'd scored double figures with a couple of hat-tricks they way he was being touted on here. Think if he's lots of dosh I'd rather Mr Cocu looked for his own version so we can add value.

Edit: have just skipped thru the above video - can't see any wing play, am I missing something? I reckon Lawrence could easily have scored the ones on there.

11 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

This type of winger is something we've never had. Strong, Powerful and Direct. I think of the likes of Adomah, Bakary Sako, El Ghazi, Onel Hernandez at Norwich. 

Not saying this guy is the answer but would add some variety to what we already have. 

Mason Bennett?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought he'd scored double figures with a couple of hat-tricks they way he was being touted on here. 

Is there such a big difference between Ivan at 9 goals and 12 assists, and Wilson at 18 goals and 2 assists? 

(Wilson stats from memory, but not far off that). 

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Is there such a big difference between Ivan at 9 goals and 12 assists, and Wilson at 18 goals and 2 assists? 

Yeah there's a difference, Caveleiro is a team player.

Just now, inter politics said:

Mason Bennett?

I do like Bennett and wish he'd been used more last season, I think in the diamond with two up front with Bennett being one of them he looks more at home than on the wing. He has an incredible leap on him for a relatively small guy and is very strong. 

As it stands the wings, centre half and midfield are the priorities so hopefully see some activity in these areas soon. However overall there hasn't been an awful lot of movement across the board so far aside from Bristol and Stoke. 

It is crazy to think we kick off in just shy of a month though! 

10 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

How many of Wilson’s goals were penalties and free kicks? Genuine question as I don’t know.

looks like Ivan’s stats are better from open play

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Yeah, rubbish assessment. No self respecting Derby fan, or Journalist for that matter, would forget Marriott (or Martin). Basic stuff really ?

What you on about, Marriott doesn’t play for us? Surely if such a good player played for us he’d have been on the teamsheet at Wembley?

8 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I do like Bennett and wish he'd been used more last season, I think in the diamond with two up front with Bennett being one of them he looks more at home than on the wing. He has an incredible leap on him for a relatively small guy and is very strong. 

As it stands the wings, centre half and midfield are the priorities so hopefully see some activity in these areas soon. However overall there hasn't been an awful lot of movement across the board so far aside from Bristol and Stoke. 

It is crazy to think we kick off in just shy of a month though! 

Agreed, for me we are mid-table at the moment, need at least 4 first teamers.

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would be surprised if it wasn't a loan with potentially an option to buy.

However, I've got a feeling we've got a bit of money to spend. So who knows! ?

I have that feeling as well, Mel has always pointed to the wages as the main FFP issue, not the transfer fees, although you have to take that into account. 

Still think the in’s will be a mixture of free’s, loans and paid perms ( god that sounded like a hair dresser)

40 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

Both are free agents aren’t they?

10 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have that feeling as well, Mel has always pointed to the wages as the main FFP issue, not the transfer fees, although you have to take that into account. 

Still think the in’s will be a mixture of free’s, loans and paid perms ( god that sounded like a hair dresser)

Can I have a loans back and sides please......

Archived