Iván Cavaleiro - Joined Fulham

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Anyone think this is likely? Would be some kind of statement to be making signings of this lad's calibre. Lad's got bags of ability.

Club record fee?

Paid 8 mill for Vydra didn't we?

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Paid 8 mill for Vydra didn't we?

We did indeed. Are you thinking this lad will cost less?

EDIT: For clarity, I've no idea what his fee would be but the ever-relaible Tranfermkt have him at £9 mill so I'd guess north of 10. Just wondering really where we'd find that sort of dosh without flogging Bogle ?

So, lad who works for me is a Wolves season ticket holder so had a chat about this.

Holds him in really high regard and doesn't want him to leave and is his young son's favourite player.  He can play anywhere across a front three and very much a player.  Has been benched to accommodate a front two that allows NES to play Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker in a midfield three.  For my mate, that's the right choice for Wolves but leaves Cabaleiro in limbo.

Final points were that he is much better than Helder Costa, and if he were to sign for us it would be a definitive statement for an assault on the automatic promotion places.

Can't deny that I'm excited the thought of him playing for the Rams.  Go get him Mr Cocu!

Ps If we were to get Cabaleiro, alongside Jorrit Hendrix and a couple of others (Ramselaar, Tomori, Peric?) I'd be giddy.

32 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

We did indeed. Are you thinking this lad will cost less?

EDIT: For clarity, I've no idea what his fee would be but the ever-relaible Tranfermkt have him at £9 mill so I'd guess north of 10. Just wondering really where we'd find that sort of dosh without flogging Bogle ?

Thought it said 7 mill in the link?

34 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

So, lad who works for me is a Wolves season ticket holder so had a chat about this.

Holds him in really high regard and doesn't want him to leave and is his young son's favourite player.  He can play anywhere across a front three and very much a player.  Has been benched to accommodate a front two that allows NES to play Neves, Moutinho and Dendoncker in a midfield three.  For my mate, that's the right choice for Wolves but leaves Cabaleiro in limbo.

Final points were that he is much better than Helder Costa, and if he were to sign for us it would be a definitive statement for an assault on the automatic promotion places.

Can't deny that I'm excited the thought of him playing for the Rams.  Go get him Mr Cocu!

Ps If we were to get Cabaleiro, alongside Jorrit Hendrix and a couple of others (Ramselaar, Tomori, Peric?) I'd be giddy.

I am giddy and we have not signed anyone. Cocu on a four year contract speaks volumes about his desire to make a point.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought it said 7 mill in the link?

Ah, sorry Jimbo, I joined the convo late. I'll revert to the original link and have a read as I didn't know prices wwere already being quoted. I'd have guessed at nerer double that figure but if the price is £7 mill then it's a definite yes from me. 

Loan with option to perm at £11 Mill I reckon. Helder Costa went to Leeds for £14 Mill, Cavaleiro always seemed to be in his shadow. 

Wolves don't need the money now but probably want the wages off the books for incomings with them having European football this year? (I think?). 

Archived