Damian Oko

MauritianMonsta

According to the Mail Online, Derby County are showing a degree of interest in young Polish defender Damian Oko.

https://the72.co.uk/134019/Derby-county-reported-transfer-interest-in-2m-rated-defender/

Derby are interested in young Polish defender Damian Oko. The 22-year-old left-side centre-back plays for Zaglebie Lubin and is valued at £2million. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7120221/West-Ham-contact-Celta-Vigo-look-bring-Maxi-Gomez-Stanislav-Lobotka.html

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be a good signing, definitely need cover at CB 

Almost impossible to speak with any authority about anyone we're linked with though as obviously have barely seen any of them play football ?

Never heard of him, could be good, could be poo. If Chelsea have their transfer ban upheld and keep Tomori as I suspect is possible, then we’ll need to change plans and replace him. This lad could be that man, 2m seems a lot tho for someone who’s played so few games.

If you believe every thing you see in the mail online. Derby are linked with just about every out of contract/up and coming/ U23 and all non league footballers in the Europe then add that some believe Lamps is in Brazil scouting.

Could be looking at a very big squad next season.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Quite impressive on paper. Is it unfair to think £2m seems quite steep for a player at that level?

I don't think that's an unfair opinion.

£2m seems a bit high for me. I think the rumours are just putting a "low" fee on the deal, and they're using the buying market to determine it rather than the selling market.

Although Palace did buy a CB from them 2 years ago for 2.75m; Jach who spent this season on loan in Moldova

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting to me with that Wiki.

Piatek left the Polish division for Genoa after scoring 15 goals in three years for 4m euros (£3.5m) - he clearly became a very, very good player but £3.5m for someone who has scored 15 goals seems steep.

Oko's stats look quite impressive but the question still stands: is £2m too much?

Edit: Just saw the goals Piatek scored at Cracovia (32 in 63 games - nice) - so he scored that many and was only worth £3.5m? That definetly makes £2m seems a bit steep...

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting to me with that Wiki.

Piatek left the Polish division for Genoa after scoring 15 goals in three years for 4m euros (£3.5m) - he clearly became a very, very good player but £3.5m for someone who has scored 15 goals seems steep.

Oko's stats look quite impressive but the question still stands: is £2m too much?

Edit: Just saw the goals Piatek scored at Cracovia (32 in 63 games - nice) - so he scored that many and was only worth £3.5m? That definetly makes £2m seems a bit steep...

That was a few years ago though, money moves on. All I was trying to point out that this specific team has a history of talented players going onto big things - Piatek, Pisczek, Zielinski to name three.

If he's worth £2m... potentially, yeah. £2m isn't that much these days. Always a risk from abroad - could easily be Albentosa.

27 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I don't think that's an unfair opinion.

£2m seems a bit high for me. I think the rumours are just putting a "low" fee on the deal, and they're using the buying market to determine it rather than the selling market.

Although Palace did buy a CB from them 2 years ago for 2.75m; Jach who spent this season on loan in Moldova

I hear Moldova is nice this time of the year 

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

If he's worth £2m... potentially, yeah. £2m isn't that much these days. Always a risk from abroad - could easily be Albentosa.

£2m is a decent whack of our (probable) transfer budget though - For someone who's untested in English football

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

If you believe every thing you see in the mail online. Derby are linked with just about every out of contract/up and coming/ U23 and all non league footballers in the Europe then add that some believe Lamps is in Brazil scouting.

And milk/beef/beer/eggs/coffee/pineapple gives you/saves you from cancer (delete different words each day)

53 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

£2m is a decent whack of our (probable) transfer budget though - For someone who's untested in English football

Some of the ones 'tested' in English football havnt been great to be honest. Pretty expensive too.  

Archived