Lampard scouting in Brazil?

dcfcgodd

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, dcfcgodd said:

"Partida do Brasil" means "match of Brazil," so can mean he's either in Brazil watching a match or, probaly more likely, that he's watching a Brazil match. My guess is, as has been suggested, that he's at the Toulon Tournament watching the Brazil U23s.

What was the last Brazilian player we even had at Derby? Was it Junior?

7 minutes ago, JfR said:

"Partida do Brasil" means "match of Brazil," so can mean he's either in Brazil watching a match or, probaly more likely, that he's watching a Brazil match. My guess is, as has been suggested, that he's at the Toulon Tournament watching the Brazil U23s.

Maybe went to watch Douglas Luiz (Manchester City)?

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

AS I understand the current work permit situation for non-EU nationals, a Brazilian over 21 years old would have to have played at least 30% of Brazil's senior matches over the last 2 years. And if they have played 30% of senior matches over the last 2 years, I'd suggest they would be out of our league!

So either he's on holiday and  just taking in some games for fun, or he's interested in U23s from an European team (maybe even on loan).

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Douglas Luiz (Manchester City)?

Decent shout. He didn't play in the game today, which is where I assume the picture is from, but with the Man City connection, the fact he was in the squad, and the fact we're playing his loan club, Girona, in preseason, it wouldn't surprise me if that's who he was planning to see. Worth a fiver on him coming here, I'd say.

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

Decent shout. He didn't play in the game today, which is where I assume the picture is from, but with the Man City connection, the fact he was in the squad, and the fact we're playing his loan club, Girona, in preseason, it wouldn't surprise me if that's who he was planning to see. Worth a fiver on him coming here, I'd say.

When are we playing Girona?

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

When are we playing Girona?

I think they've fixed it now, but if you went on the hospitality section of the Derby website it briefly said "Next home game: Girona"

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

AS I understand the current work permit situation for non-EU nationals, a Brazilian over 21 years old would have to have played at least 30% of Brazil's senior matches over the last 2 years. And if they have played 30% of senior matches over the last 2 years, I'd suggest they would be out of our league!

Don't be so defeatist! The last scouting report we produced recommended we sign Mbappe and Dembele. We know Neymar is looking to change clubs, so I assume Frank is there to check him out. I just hope we can afford Paul Inces wifes commission fee.

If we are looking abroad for talent its about time. We should be building scouting networks in select countries. I know money is tight, but we could get some real bargains in Europe if we actually put some effort into it this time. Two of the best teams in my lifetime were built on European talent - those of Jim Smith and George Burley. We can't afford English talent due to the premium, so it makes sense to be looking elsewhere.

Today's Toulon Tournament game was Brazil 5 Qatar 0 (and France 2 Guatemala 1 earlier).

There is actually a Girona midfielder Douglas Luiz in the Brazil squad. And a couple of forwards in the Bundesliga.

Hope Frank takes a break and isn't working too hard. It must be very easy to burn out unless you're careful.

14 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

So either he's on holiday and  just taking in some games for fun, or he's interested in U23s from an European team (maybe even on loan).

There's a decent amount that would fit the bill, there:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_national_under-23_football_team#Team

Wouldn't surprise me if a couple more would be eligible for an EU citizenship by ancestry as well, or failing that could take the Esteban Fuertes route of just pretending to have Italian citizenship

Archived