Bigger than an FA cup final

Gringo

This match is so much bigger than if we were playing in an FA cup final, the financial rewards alone for winning are worth about £250 million even if we were relegated, compare that to £1.6million for winning the FA cup.

Winning, with the current owner and manager I believe would cement our future as a major club once again after our years in the wilderness.

I have been watching and supporting the Rams for 50 years, and it is not hyperbole to say this is my biggest match in terms of Derby County’s future probably ever, so Frank no pressure then.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we do go up and cement our place in the prem over  3 or 4 years, I would like to see us try win fa cups and league cups rather than just become another club that just tries to survive year in year out. Unless you’re one of the top 6 in the prem, whether it’s 2 years, 6 years, or 15 years there is an inevitable relegation coming so why not try win some silverware when you have a decent side. 

4 hours ago, Ramos said:

If we do go up and cement our place in the prem over  3 or 4 years, I would like to see us try win fa cups and league cups rather than just become another club that just tries to survive year in year out. Unless you’re one of the top 6 in the prem, whether it’s 2 years, 6 years, or 15 years there is an inevitable relegation coming so why not try win some silverware when you have a decent side. 

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment, you're extremely lucky to get a final that doesn't mean you're on the receiving end of a drubbing from one of the money clubs. Poor Watford. 

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Not sure if it’s just me but I would 100% take an FA Cup over promotion any day of the week. 

One advantage of your preference is that you don't have to worry about the humiliation of bombing out of the PL  in the first season. 

poor old Watford - got absolutely dicked

And even worse - Wolves got into Europe - FFS they were in Championship last season

so come on the fellas - who is the next Alex Ferguson......who is going to knock City off there fu@@in perch

I hate it when someone monopolises football.........

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment, you're extremely lucky to get a final that doesn't mean you're on the receiving end of a drubbing from one of the money clubs. Poor Watford. 

I take it back after that game! Let’s just stay down and everyone hold each other 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Just a shame the FA used one rule for one set of grounds and another rule for another. Man City shouldn’t have even been there, VAR would have seen Swansea knock them out.

That’s the FA for you though. 

Archived