Away Membership help

Fraser_23

One of the big issues for me here is that you only get priority if you’ve been to 10 away games. I’ve been to 6, all but one of which have been midweek as it’s hard to get to game at the weekend due to me living with 2 small demanding people under the age of 4. Surely a second bracket for people with over 5 (which I made sure I’d got as I foolishly thought this might give me some priority) would make more sense than immediately offering them to all season ticket holders, of which pretty much any half fan can get a customer number of. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kirkbyram said:

One of the big issues for me here is that you only get priority if you’ve been to 10 away games. I’ve been to 6, all but one of which have been midweek as it’s hard to get to game at the weekend due to me living with 2 small demanding people under the age of 4. Surely a second bracket for people with over 5 (which I made sure I’d got as I foolishly thought this might give me some priority) would make more sense than immediately offering them to all season ticket holders, of which pretty much any half fan can get a customer number of. 

I think this would have been fairer. Doubt it'll get past season ticket holders anyway

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

It did in 2013 - 14. 

There was a family on our Roadrider moaning about it and telling everyone they wouldn't be using them if we didn’t go up. 

Oh the joy of having money to burn and I wonder if they did keep their word. Must have spent upwards of £1200 on that trip to Wembley (there were four of them.)

Not money to burn just a choice of how to spend any spare money ,not drunk alcohol for over 20 years so what most spend on a Friday night would cover season tickets ,it’s a matter of would I use them enough ( would be the same no matter which division) ,it’s about 3 hours each way drive and with bizzare kick off days/ times the norm these days it’s a hard choice , that and the confusing thing of away membership clouding ticket priority as I like away games it is an issue I’ve wrestled with since I’ve not had season tickets , £1250 for two is enough of a chunk of doe to make it a tough decision whether to buy and keep them going again

44 minutes ago, Kirkbyram said:

There's a limited time to sell the tickets and they have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. 

If they made it 5 there would be people who have been to 4, with their own reasons, who would not be happy either.

I'm guessing the number of fans with away memberships, plus fans that have been to 10+ away games would about cover our whole allocation so I think they have it about right.

And just to prove I'm not been selfish, I've been to 9 away games this season...tough titty on me!

7 hours ago, Archied said:

Not money to burn just a choice of how to spend any spare money ,not drunk alcohol for over 20 years so what most spend on a Friday night would cover season tickets ,it’s a matter of would I use them enough ( would be the same no matter which division) ,it’s about 3 hours each way drive and with bizzare kick off days/ times the norm these days it’s a hard choice , that and the confusing thing of away membership clouding ticket priority as I like away games it is an issue I’ve wrestled with since I’ve not had season tickets , £1250 for two is enough of a chunk of doe to make it a tough decision whether to buy and keep them going again

I'm not sure what you're meaning in relation to my post here, Archied.

This was a family who could circumnavigate the priority queue for Wembley just because they could afford to buy a season ticket they'd no intention of using to make sure they got tickets for this one match. They obviously had no purchase history to ensure they got them in a more usual way. From what you're saying you do attend matches and have a purchase history. I do totally understand your point about shelling out for a season ticket each season if you're not going to use it enough. 

I'd be rather sad if they got their Wembley seats at the expense of people like you who had actually attended some matches during the season and had got a purchasing history. But money talks, so they got their seats for the big match.

They certainly let everyone on our bus know how much they'd spent. I'd maybe have kept quiet about it!

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I'm not sure what you're meaning in relation to my post here, Archied.

This was a family who could circumnavigate the priority queue for Wembley just because they could afford to buy a season ticket they'd no intention of using to make sure they got tickets for this one match. They obviously had no purchase history to ensure they got them in a more usual way. From what you're saying you do attend matches and have a purchase history. I do totally understand your point about shelling out for a season ticket each season if you're not going to use it enough. 

I'd be rather sad if they got their Wembley seats at the expense of people like you who had actually attended some matches during the season and had got a purchasing history. But money talks, so they got their seats for the big match.

They certainly let everyone on our bus know how much they'd spent. I'd maybe have kept quiet about it!

Wasn’t having a pop angie just expressing my ongoing dilemma re buying season tickets again knowing that I really wouldn’t use them enough now but there are some games you’ve just got to be at and having season tickets gets you there , I can kid myself as much as I want that if Derby are at Wembley in the play off final I will be ok to watch on tv but know full well that as the game approaches I will be more and more desperate to be there and probably end up paying more than I can justify spending in an effort to be there , been 3 times with Derby , king Charlie’s debut in the charity shield ,Leicester loss and West Brom win , was away in turkey for the qpr loss and watched in a bar .

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Wasn’t having a pop angie just expressing my ongoing dilemma re buying season tickets again knowing that I really wouldn’t use them enough now but there are some games you’ve just got to be at and having season tickets gets you there , I can kid myself as much as I want that if Derby are at Wembley in the play off final I will be ok to watch on tv but know full well that as the game approaches I will be more and more desperate to be there and probably end up paying more than I can justify spending in an effort to be there , been 3 times with Derby , king Charlie’s debut in the charity shield ,Leicester loss and West Brom win , was away in turkey for the qpr loss and watched in a bar .

Home membership @Archied, lot cheaper than an ST, guarantee of a discounted seat for any home matches you want, and last time out at Wembley the same priority for a ticket too.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Home membership @Archied, lot cheaper than an ST, guarantee of a discounted seat for any home matches you want, and last time out at Wembley the same priority for a ticket too.

You reckon home membership would Wembley playoff tickets?

Archived