If you see this, you've made it to the other side

Day

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was all very exciting last night. I thought I was on that programme "Race Around The World", I was like the Yorkshire Dad with his Yorkshire Lad. I thought if I could sleep over night on the megabus again, and ask my lad what to do with these poxy computer things, then I could get in here and sign in and win it.

But I just missed out, somebody must have sneaked off the megabus when it broke down in Dundee, and whizzed off in a Taxi, to win it, bit grim that, probably lives in Grimsby!

Beat @ilkleyram though, he was too busy poncing about with his mate climbing a big hill!

1 minute ago, GuiseleyRam said:

Using chrome on my Samsung phone so can view site ok, but Samsung internet and the dcfcfans app don't work (can only see some text with links to different sections of the forum). 

You will need to clear your cache in the Samsung internet app. 

Heres how https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-history-or-cookies-on-the-internet-browser-on-galaxy-device/

I’m guessing you have saved the site into an app using Samsung Internet browser? Delete the one you have, then once you have cleared the cache redownload the site app. 

I remember back on the other side about 8 years ago I wrote a Derby tune to the Dirty Old Town song by The Pogues and it went down like usual on here. I've done the same with James songs and the like, and our lot are still going to Swansea to sing "It's Coming Home and Eng-ear-land songs. One day.......one of my songs will be belted out by the Derby fans and maybe on another day or days also. C'mon sing up, keep it fresh and get right behind Derby County.

I feel I've been robbed by the Scousers. @MuespachRam sing along!

9 hours ago, David said:

How's it running for everyone?

Nobody has been able to trigger any errors yet according to my logs which is what I like to see.

Right, lets have a go... (when I was a tester for Football Manager Live I managed to break the servers for 2 days ?)

*cracks knuckles*

3 minutes ago, mozza said:

I'm being thick and old, can't get in on my PC, need idiot proof instructions. Like you were instructing a two year old monkey.

Are you using your phone/tablet now that's using the same wifi as your PC?

3 minutes ago, mozza said:

Yes, my ahem..android phone at home. 

So that rules out a DNS cache issue with your ISP, it's with your device.

Next, have you tried a different browser? That way we can rule out if it's a browser issue or it is your PC holding on to the DNS cache for dear life.

3 minutes ago, David said:

So that rules out a DNS cache issue with your ISP, it's with your device.

Next, have you tried a different browser? That way we can rule out if it's a browser issue or it is your PC holding on to the DNS cache for dear life.

I'm only on Chrome, how do i try different browser? and which one do I download, my lad does this type of thing for me normally but he is in Sheffield atm.

Just now, mozza said:

I'm only on Chrome, how do i try different browser? and which one do I download, my lad does this type of thing for me normally but he is in Sheffield atm.

You should have Internet Explorer installed, either that or Microsoft Edge as they come with Windows. 

Open your start menu, at the bottom you should see a search field, type Internet explorer in, if nothing comes up, try edge.

56 minutes ago, David said:

You will need to clear your cache in the Samsung internet app. 

Heres how https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-history-or-cookies-on-the-internet-browser-on-galaxy-device/

I’m guessing you have saved the site into an app using Samsung Internet browser? Delete the one you have, then once you have cleared the cache redownload the site app. 

Thanks David, it's working fine now and on the app too. Cleared cache last night around 8.30pm but didn't solve the issue at the time. 

Just to confirm, after going through changing DNS settings and trying a different browser (Firefox) I am now able to see and access things correctly.

The thing that worked was a router reboot, I'm on Virgin.

Still nothing on Firefox but as I use Chrome I'm not bovvered innit bruv.

Cheers @David for your help.

1 minute ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Just to confirm, after going through changing DNS settings and trying a different browser (Firefox) I am now able to see and access things correctly.

The thing that worked was a router reboot, I'm on Virgin.

Still nothing on Firefox but as I use Chrome I'm not bovvered innit bruv.

Cheers @David for your help.

Gonna try a router reboot in a minute,  but i'm on throne atm..

Archived