Holmes Racial Abuse Complaint

Day

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting that they all believe some internet random who says the guys been released (he’s still in custody) 

Yet they are all convinced Holmes is wrong before the police have investigated!

Confirmation bias I spose!

I've also read their matchday thread and if their eyesight is as bad as it seems to be regarding the penalty decison and how the ref gave everything for Derby, I wouldn't trust their judgement in this matter either.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Bee said:

I can take a picture of my season ticket/seat number if that would be of any adequate proof, I can assure you my seat is just about as close to the away dugout as you can be - essentially the player on the far side of the back row of the dugouts is 4 seats away from me - this time that was Holmes. I really do mean it when I say no fans in the stadium other than myself and my 2 friends will have been closer to the incident. 

I agree that one shouldn’t take everything they read on the internet as gospel, but I’ve given a pretty specific blow by blow account of events to just be making it all up! 

I also agree, let the police do their necessary investigations to get to the bottom of it. In this case the only way in which I can see anything sticking is if the two stewards who ushered the fan back up the stairs can corroborate Holmes’ claim, as they will have been stood in between the entire time. Based on their subsequent reaction and overhearing one of them after the game, it doesn’t seem as though that will happen. 

Of course if I’m wrong and they did hear something that no one else seemed to, then I hope the fan is punished accordingly and never steps foot inside Griffin Park or our eventual new stadium again. 

If you were that close, hearing and seeing everything then I expect you will be on your way down to the police station first thing to provide a witness statement to back you fellow fan up.

Several episodes happening all over the country yesterday, shows that we still have a problem in the country.

I was also disappointed to see certain posts on this forum that have since been removed that I believe don’t portray Derby fans or this forum in a good light either.

Maybe I’m overreacting, being a snowflake, and will time to reflect on this, and as I took screenshots I’ll put it out on other social media to see their reaction but I’m going to take a break from here (don’t all cheer at once) for a while before I write something I regret. 

(Ps David I didn’t report as I wasn’t logged on as I wasn’t using my phone and didn’t have my login details)

8 hours ago, Bee said:

I can take a picture of my season ticket/seat number if that would be of any adequate proof, I can assure you my seat is just about as close to the away dugout as you can be - essentially the player on the far side of the back row of the dugouts is 4 seats away from me - this time that was Holmes. I really do mean it when I say no fans in the stadium other than myself and my 2 friends will have been closer to the incident. 

I agree that one shouldn’t take everything they read on the internet as gospel, but I’ve given a pretty specific blow by blow account of events to just be making it all up! 

I also agree, let the police do their necessary investigations to get to the bottom of it. In this case the only way in which I can see anything sticking is if the two stewards who ushered the fan back up the stairs can corroborate Holmes’ claim, as they will have been stood in between the entire time. Based on their subsequent reaction and overhearing one of them after the game, it doesn’t seem as though that will happen. 

Of course if I’m wrong and they did hear something that no one else seemed to, then I hope the fan is punished accordingly and never steps foot inside Griffin Park or our eventual new stadium again. 

I think that is a very fair and balanced view, which I for one appreciate...and has the sound of a set of circumstances I can easily imagine happening.

You also may have misheard (every bit as much as Holmes could) or not caught something that was said or done. 

As someone else said...your story needs reporting to the club or the police.  

18 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Several episodes happening all over the country yesterday, shows that we still have a problem in the country.

I was also disappointed to see certain posts on this forum that have since been removed that I believe don’t portray Derby fans or this forum in a good light either.

Maybe I’m overreacting, being a snowflake, and will time to reflect on this, and as I took screenshots I’ll put it out on other social media to see their reaction but I’m going to take a break from here (don’t all cheer at once) for a while before I write something I regret. 

(Ps David I didn’t report as I wasn’t logged on as I wasn’t using my phone and didn’t have my login details)

There was posts made late last night when no moderators were online, which when brought to my attention were removed instantly. 

Like you I was also disappointed to see them on the forum after the events which occurred yesterday, we will go through them today and take appropriate action. 

Sith Happens
35 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I dunno, it might be me, but its almost like its getting worse.

Its like when one idiot does it it gives other idiots ideas.

Cant say if you are overreacting as didn't see them, but from Davids response it sounds like you were not. I would also be disappointed if these are from longstanding members because despite us all having our differences, in the most part I think the posters on here a decent bunch and its a well run forum, especially when you compare it to the likes of the Forest one, which I can only assume is unmoderated due to the language that is allowed.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

If you were that close, hearing and seeing everything then I expect you will be on your way down to the police station first thing to provide a witness statement to back you fellow fan up.

Exactly.

What’s the sayings, two sides to every story, innocent until proven guilty.

Anybody who has seen or heard the remarks made, should give their account to the Police and let them deal with it. Absolutely no place for racism but equally nobody should be found publicly guilty of crimes they may not have committed.

Simple as that for me.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I dunno, it might be me, but its almost like its getting worse.

Its like when one idiot does it it gives other idiots ideas.

Cant say if you are overreacting as didn't see them, but from Davids response it sounds like you were not. I would also be disappointed if these are from longstanding members because despite us all having our differences, in the most part I think the posters on here a decent bunch and its a well run forum, especially when you compare it to the likes of the Forest one, which I can only assume is unmoderated due to the language that is allowed.

I was a little surprised they werent jumped on. Were of a nature that we often used to see in the politics sections etc which to be fair to David/moderators were taken down for that reason.

Messages were not expressing anything personally offensive but definitely giving a theoritical stance that was controversial and antagonistic at best and like a red rag to many. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I was a little surprised they werent jumped on. Were of a nature that we often used to see in the politics sections etc which to be fair to David/moderators were taken down for that reason.

Messages were not expressing anything personally offensive but definitely giving a theoritical stance that was controversial and antagonistic at best and like a red rag to many. 

Only just seen the posts, wasn't reading the forum last thing last night. Wouldn't want to miss Casualty. 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I logged out in reaction to one post as I could feel my piss beginning to boil, trouble is this lad posts provocative stuff time and time again and gets away with it. He crossed a line for me last night. 

5 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I logged out in reaction to one post as I could feel my piss beginning to boil, trouble is this lad posts provocative stuff time and time again and gets away with it. He crossed a line for me last night. 

Yes, it was of a nature seen before by him... couched in a 'philosophical' manner but which could be offensive. He does walk the line and this time it was definitely more abrupt and ill judged. In the circumstances doesn't reflect well either. 

I have previously stressed on many occasion please use the report tool to alert moderators.

It’s completely anonymous and nothing more than a hey have you seen this which will email and notify all moderators.

We are not able to sit and read every post throughout the night, we need our sleep to, reports instantly ping my phone which I will look at immediately no matter what hour it is. 

Our response times to reported content is <15 minutes. 

Whilst I understand members wish to challenge views made on this forum, it’s equally disappointing when comments and rumours which defamed one of our players last night are challenged and not reported.

It makes our job even more difficult removing the trail of posts.

Finally, we usually do not discuss member warnings or bans, however the member has now been removed from the forum permanently.

I would appreciate it if who the member was or the contents of the posts which were made are not discussed any further on the forum.

My, there are some twists and turns in this current Holmes adventure.  Accusations, counter accusations, a protagonist terminated and evidence destroyed.  A real page turner. I do wish it was a different subject matter though.

11 minutes ago, David said:

I have previously stressed on many occasion please use the report tool to alert moderators.

It’s completely anonymous and nothing more than a hey have you seen this which will email and notify all moderators.

We are not able to sit and read every post throughout the night, we need our sleep to, reports instantly ping my phone which I will look at immediately no matter what hour it is. 

Our response times to reported content is <15 minutes. 

Whilst I understand members wish to challenge views made on this forum, it’s equally disappointing when comments and rumours which defamed one of our players last night are challenged and not reported.

It makes our job even more difficult removing the trail of posts.

Finally, we usually do not discuss member warnings or bans, however the member has now been removed from the forum permanently.

I would appreciate it if who the member was or the contents of the posts which were made are not discussed any further on the forum.

Apologies from me there. Didnt occur to me to report, appreciate all the work you do and the need for us to protect the integrity of the site as a collective.

Moving on, has the club made a statement and fans who actually went what was the atmosphere like? Was it hostile in general ? See-saw match like that, obviously emotions run high anyway. 

PS not asking for speculation on Holmes here.. just interested in the overall tone of the match, fans etc

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Apologies from me there. Didnt occur to me to report, appreciate all the work you do and the need for us to protect the integrity of the site as a collective.

Moving on, has the club made a statement and fans who actually went what was the atmosphere like? Was it hostile in general ? See-saw match like that, obviously emotions run high anyway. 

PS not asking for speculation on Holmes here.. just interested in the overall tone of the match, fans etc

Both clubs have made statements

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/04/club-statement-4

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2019/april/derby-incident-statement-06.04.19/

Clearly the police have more than 1 person’s word it happened. They don’t submit a case to the CPS without a chance for conviction (which requires evidence) The time taken to charge also suggests admittance. 

I don’t know how anyone can say they heard nothing and present that as any kind of evidence. I don’t hear what the bloke next to me at Pride Park says mostly because I’m not listening, I’m watching the game etc, it’s just white noise, I know he’s saying something but couldn’t tell you what  

I find the fans excusing the abuse of players by saying ‘they were winding us up’ disgusting. Players have to put up with a lot of vile abuse but get vilified for reacting. Football fans are a mardy lot at times. 

Archived