The Politics Thread 2019

Day

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

She would have destroyed her own party in the process

The EU isn't popular in that party, only with this current crop of MP's is it. Many of which are no having to face reselection to stand, of which they won't succeed. Expect that to be the real story of the next few months. More associations making their move to get rid of their current MP/candidate. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Where she went wrong was by trying to 'do BREXIT' as a party political venture. She went wrong by not finding out what was accepatble to Parliament as a whole before she set her red lines. IMO of course.

Nah she ducked up the 2017 GE, that's what she did. Let's not rewrite history. 

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

He hasn't been in the game for that long. And he hasn't just got his boots dirty. He's knee deep in bullsht.

MP since 2001, and maybe he is...but show me a politician who isn't and I'll show you a politician who never achieved anything.

Just now, Needlesh said:

MP since 2001, and maybe he is...but show me a politician who isn't and I'll show you a politician who never achieved anything.

He has more baggage on becoming PM than all the previous ones did put together.  He hasn't been a MP since 2001 as he was London Mayor for lots of that time. The less said about that the better. Has there been a worst home secretary ever? He has Churchill fantasies and he might just get his war earlier than he dreamed of. Although we've seen how good he is at diplomacy with Iran.

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

He has more baggage on becoming PM than all the previous ones did put together.  He hasn't been a MP since 2001 as he was London Mayor for lots of that time. The less said about that the better. Has there been a worst home secretary ever? He has Churchill fantasies and he might just get his war earlier than he dreamed of. Although we've seen how good he is at diplomacy with Iran.

You're not a fan then? Me neither to be honest. Warmed to the HIGNFY vintage Boris, but his stock has been declining with me for a long while.

What I meant to say and shoddily didn't, was that he's been in politics since 2001.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

I hope the name Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe haunts him for the entire time he’s PM. 

Not a day should go by without that name being brought up

You assume that she is innocent, that might not be the case. 

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

Indeed - whether you like him or not (and most on here don't like him) we have a leader of the opposition who despite a constant smear campaign in the media against him is now stood in parliament facing his

3rd Tory leader

3rd Lib dem leader

3rd Green party leader

7th UKIP leader

But he's the weak one?

Yes he is. This has been the weakest government for the past 30 years and he still can’t beat them.

The bloke is a buffoon.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

I hope the name Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe haunts him for the entire time he’s PM. 

Not a day should go by without that name being brought up

Whilst I agree with that point anyone with half a brain cell wouldn't go to Iran in the first place .We all have a responsibility to ourselves not that you'd notice these days.

20 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Whilst I agree with that point anyone with half a brain cell wouldn't go to Iran in the first place .We all have a responsibility to ourselves not that you'd notice these days.

Wasn't she visiting her family?

Just now, 1967Ram said:

Wasn't she visiting her family?

She may well have been but this a regime that has  just rounded up a fair number of it's own citizens accusing them of spying and threatening the death penalty.

For someone who has lived in the UK it's putting your head in the noose,however badly she wanted to see them .And I do understand that but you can't sit there bleating when it goes Pete Tong.

10 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

She may well have been but this a regime that has  just rounded up a fair number of it's own citizens accusing them of spying and threatening the death penalty.

For someone who has lived in the UK it's putting your head in the noose,however badly she wanted to see them .And I do understand that but you can't sit there bleating when it goes Pete Tong.

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree, but I think it is fair to say that Boris Johnson did not help her case one bit.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Indeed - whether you like him or not (and most on here don't like him) we have a leader of the opposition who despite a constant smear campaign in the media against him is now stood in parliament facing his

3rd Tory leader

3rd Lib dem leader

3rd Green party leader

7th UKIP leader

But he's the weak one?

Very good points. Out if interest did he call for an election when blair saw the writing on the wall and handed over to brown? Im assuming he must of done so otherwise his call for an election today would only be considered as an opportunity for personal gain rather than a true belief an election is required.

Two parties with two distinct polices..... Tories will get out by 31st Oct..... Libs will revoke it..... Meanwhile Labour muddle along like the Lib Dem’s and Greens used to..... and yet you can’t critique the leader without being shouted down..... he is weak and fighting battles lost 30/40 years ago.

Think Labour will be close to 3rd place in the next election. I’ve always argued Tories recover quicker, the Lib Dem’s are starting to follow suit.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Two parties with two distinct polices..... Tories will get out by 31st Oct..... Libs will revoke it..... Meanwhile Labour muddle along like the Lib Dem’s and Greens used to..... and yet you can’t critique the leader without being shouted down..... he is weak and fighting battles lost 30/40 years ago.

Think Labour will be close to 3rd place in the next election. I’ve always argued Tories recover quicker, the Lib Dem’s are starting to follow suit.

I think politics in the uk is at its worst in my lifetime.

A crap government with no viable alternative.

If there was an election tomorrow all i can think of is brewsters millions.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think politics in the uk is at its worst in my lifetime.

A crap government with no viable alternative.

If there was an election tomorrow all i can think of is brewsters millions.

I think if he gets Brexit over the line he wins convincingly not long after..... if he doesn’t get it by Oct 31st..... 4 party politics happen. He wouldn’t be given up power that easily..... firmly believe it will happen

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I think if he gets Brexit over the line he wins convincingly not long after..... if he doesn’t get it by Oct 31st..... 4 party politics happen. He wouldn’t be given up power that easily..... firmly believe it will happen

We will be out deal or not.

I don't know, we will see.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

We will be out deal or not.

I don't know, we will see.

This is why I think Labour are done..... you may not agree with either Boris or Jo Swinsons opposite stances..... but they have a policy and it will win them both big votes. 

Archived