Player/Manager Arrival Time

GrimsbyRam

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Taking my 4 year old daughter to the Rotherham game.  It is her first match and I would like to take her to see players arriving etc.   Does anybody know what time that usually is?

Ha - I read the title and thought someone was going to recommend Frank gets his boots on this Saturday! 

When I was a kid at the BBG, I’d aim for 1pm. Not that that will help, sorry. But have a great day cos I used to love going with my dad to that car park near the Ossie End / Main Stand and meeting Davison, Wilson, Micklewhite and onto Shilton, Deano and Wright.

UTR

Think you need to be there well before 12. I went down 12,30 expecting to see them but they were all already in. Someone I know who works at the club has since told me Frank has them all in for the pre match meal. 

The day I went I ended up with a frustrated 12, 9 and 7 year old 2.5 hours before kick off. Burger, coke etc later and I'd spent more than I would on a night out in Amsterdam and had nowhere near the same level of satisfaction.

Get there silly early and don't pay to park somewhere you can't leave and go back to.

Good Luck

22 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Taking my 4 year old daughter to the Rotherham game.  It is her first match and I would like to take her to see players arriving etc.   Does anybody know what time that usually is?

It's 23 years since I had a four year old Grimsby but I wouldn't bother showing her the players arriving - she isn't going to remember it and faffing around waiting for kick off will bore her rigid. I would aim to get her to the ground as late as possible (around 15 minutes before kick off), watch the match, try to get her on the pitch with Rammy at half time and then leave at the whistle - a day when there's always something happening. And I'd have alternative entertainment lined up for when she's bored, and earplugs, if you want to stay for the whole game.

Thanks for all of the replies, 1986 was my first game so it’s changed a bit...will not be getting there for midday, particularly with an hour and 30/40 minutes drive.

iPad will be in the bag no doubt. 

Anybody know now how they select people for half time penalties

30 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Thanks for all of the replies, 1986 was my first game so it’s changed a bit...will not be getting there for midday, particularly with an hour and 30/40 minutes drive.

If your daughter is Junior Ram she's eligible to be a mascot. Contact the clubs community team.

2 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

You need to be at the Players’ entrance for 11:00 am these days. FL gets them there earlier than any of our previous 5 managers. 

10 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

R u on Twitter mate?

I can point you in the right direction.

Might not be feasible due to your location but I took my, then 4 year old to the training ground in the school holidays and caught them all coming out, only us there and every single player stopped for a pic and signed their autograph. The little one enjoyed it and after meeting the players was a lot keener.

23 hours ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Don't forget to register her as a 1st time Ram. You have to do it at least 24hrs in advance. She'll get a certificate on the day and it's usually presented by Rammie/Ewie so you'll be able to get a picture of that as a memento of the day. 

37 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Don't forget to register her as a 1st time Ram. You have to do it at least 24hrs in advance. She'll get a certificate on the day and it's usually presented by Rammie/Ewie so you'll be able to get a picture of that as a memento of the day. 

Thanks,

discovered that by chance yesterday!

On 24/03/2019 at 20:46, ilkleyram said:

It's 23 years since I had a four year old Grimsby but I wouldn't bother showing her the players arriving - she isn't going to remember it and faffing around waiting for kick off will bore her rigid. I would aim to get her to the ground as late as possible (around 15 minutes before kick off), watch the match, try to get her on the pitch with Rammy at half time and then leave at the whistle - a day when there's always something happening. And I'd have alternative entertainment lined up for when she's bored, and earplugs, if you want to stay for the whole game.

This is clearly the voice of experience, 

ill be following ur words to the letter, was toying with taking my little one and will doing exactly as u say lol

iv already pre loaded her tablet with a peppa pig anthology lol

If you're taking them, take them... to the footy!!

If they don't like it, or just find it boring, stop taking them. 

If they keep asking "When can we go?", introduce them to the delights of the countdown clock at the South Stand!  They can watch that... they don't even have to be able to tell the time, or have any concept of how long a minute is... they can just stare, and wait!

We can't inject that DCFC DNA... as much as we'd love to! 

Almost broke my heart to admit defeat, but my Grandson just couldn't get into it.  A freebie ST each season, for 5 years, but turning up less and less as seasons passed.  He's now no longer under 12, the freebies have dried up, and he doesn't/didn't show anywhere near enough interest to tempt me to start paying for his ticket, even though I am lucky enough to be able to afford it... Unlike during the late '80's/Early 90's, when I couldn't even afford to go myself, let alone take my own two boys, which breaks my heart even more!  Typical, eh!

Of course, it's great to see parents taking their kids, and starting them young, but if they can't get into the footy... if they can't fall in love with DCFC... let it go! 

Otherwise, in a few years time, they will be getting dogs abuse from everyone on here, for spending half the game sat staring at their 'phones, and the other half walking back and forth to the concourse... until they get up to leave, with the aforementioned clock showing a full 12 minutes to go!    

Oh yes... They are indeed the same people... just older!  Can you not see the pattern... the evolution?

It's a matchday... get them doing what folk do on a matchday... watch the match!

...Oh yeah... and best o' luck.  I hope you fare better than me!  ;-)

Archived