Time to get spark back

B4ev6is

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Frank said after the forest game that our forward players had "better get themselves into form". He's right. The midfield and attacking players are letting us down. They need to shape up quick. Not enough creativity or power at the moment. I hope and think we will see better against Villa. 

If the same players can't raise their games for a derby against our fiercest rivals then not sure how they will ever get there.

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we need some power and pace upfront something Mason Bennett can give to the team.

Its all about quick movement in the other teams half, we have lost that zip at the moment. We get into the other half of the field and lose possession by slow movement, passing and being tackled/losing possession. I would start with our quicker players, Marriott, Bennett, Jozefzoon, Wilson in the attack and wide positions. Play Huddlestone to zip balls into their running paths. Bogle and Malone playing wingbacks and have Johnson sitting in front of the defence. On the bench have the likes of Bird, Selby and young Tyree Wilson, young hungry players who would be our future regular 1st teamers. Lets go poo or Bust, coz its all gone a bit stale.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we need some power and pace upfront something Mason Bennett can give to the team.

Bennett has lost a lot of his pace, I’ve noticed this in recent games, could be all the injuries.  He used to be electric, not seen so much of that now.

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Bennett has been at our club for 8 years and in that times has less than 10 goals, why on earth would you now promote him to a main striker role??

Anyone from Villa who has watched us over the last few games will know exactly how to deal with us. Pressure Huddlestone. Closely mark Wilson. Let the centre halves knock it around between them. Go at Derby down their right and target Bogle. Nick a goal and put 10 men behind the ball.

We need to do something different. Anything. Formation, style of play, personnel. Something. Just as long as its different.

Archived