Time to get spark back

B4ev6is

22 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Anyone from Villa who has watched us over the last few games will know exactly how to deal with us. Pressure Huddlestone. Closely mark Wilson. Let the centre halves knock it around between them. Go at Derby down their right and target Bogle. Nick a goal and put 10 men behind the ball.

We need to do something different. Anything. Formation, style of play, personnel. Something. Just as long as its different.

I’ve cracked it. Let’s try scoring first.

Setuously though, I can’t remember any games this season where we’ve scored first and lost.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I’ve cracked it. Let’s try scoring first.

Setuously though, I can’t remember any games this season where we’ve scored first and lost.

Good plan. I've got something even better. Let's score lots. This is Villa remember. Won't be many games with as leaky a defence.

On 27/02/2019 at 18:56, B4ev6is said:

Maybe we should have like of Mason Bennett partner waghorn or Marriott. Maybe we should try 4411 formation it might free up space in midfield to get the ball to the strikers quicker. Lets try high pressing game back I think frank should tell the lads look glory is there you just need to grap it.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as flicking a switch off and on. Tinkering formations with this bunch of players isn't going to make a deal of difference. The manager now refers to the transitional squad as he realises (through experience) that football management (particularly in the ch'ship) is not easy and achieving any success is harder. I think most fans realise that our best chance came and went with McClaren (two bites of the cherry). Gary Rowett did get us into the play offs, but perhaps realised that he couldn't repeat it so jumped ship. Hopefully Frank Lampard will be at the club for another couple of seasons, for the sake of stability if nothing else. 

22 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we need some power and pace upfront something Mason Bennett can give to the team.

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

Bennett has lost a lot of his pace, I’ve noticed this in recent games, could be all the injuries.  He used to be electric, not seen so much of that now.

13 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Bennett’s game is power and pace but he looks tired recently - his batteries need recharging.

13 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I thought he’d hardly played? What’s Frank and Jody doing to them all in training?

10 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

Recharging??? he has started about 5 games this season, if he is tired after that then gold help us.

spacer.png

Archived