NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

The game kind of summed up the NFC East this season. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Eagles go and lose to the Giants next week.

That's the annoyingly hopeful thing. It's still on no matter how bad we were last night. 

Either way, whoever get though to the play offs are going out at the first attempt.

38 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

That's the annoyingly hopeful thing. It's still on no matter how bad we were last night. 

Either way, whoever get though to the play offs are going out at the first attempt.

You’d think, but I kind of wouldn’t be surprised if whoever  gets through caused an upset win....especially if it’s against us ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

You’d think, but I kind of wouldn’t be surprised if whoever  gets through caused an upset win....especially if it’s against us ?‍♂️

You never know but I'd be surprised. The Eagles are a poor outfit and we're the most inconsistent team I've seen this year. Our win against the Rams and the Eagles win in Green Bay are the only two impressive wins of the 15 combined we've had. If we didn't have 4 guaranteed wins each thanks to the Giants and Redskins we'd have eyes on next years draft already not the playoffs. 

Hopefully you spank GB later. ?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

green bay packers GIF

Annoying thing is, our defence absolutely buried Rodgers, and is looking back to its best, until it broke from being constantly on the field. I’ve come up with the theory we want everyone to think we are terrible going into the play offs ????? 

we missed Cook & Mattison even more than I thought we would and Thielen still doesn’t look right, we need all 3 firing to have a chance in the play offs. 

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Annoying thing is, our defence absolutely buried Rodgers, and is looking back to its best, until it broke from being constantly on the field. I’ve come up with the theory we want everyone to think we are terrible going into the play offs ????? 

we missed Cook & Mattison even more than I thought we would and Thielen still doesn’t look right, we need all 3 firing to have a chance in the play offs. 

Now more likely than not that we're going to play our starters week 17 for no reason; and then be at home to the Vikings in the first week of the playoffs.

If Seahawks beat the 49ers we're the #2 seed. Would be an upset but not crazy. Also if the Lions beat the Packers we're the #2 seed; unfathomable. If both happen we're #1. Assuming we beat the Panthers ofc.

Funnily enough we can still get a bye with a loss to the Panthers; would still need the 'Hawks to win but we'd need the Packers to not lose against the Lions ? Complicated stuff.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Now more likely than not that we're going to play our starters week 17 for no reason; and then be at home to the Vikings in the first week of the playoffs.

If Seahawks beat the 49ers we're the #2 seed. Would be an upset but not crazy. Also if the Lions beat the Packers we're the #2 seed; unfathomable. If both happen we're #1. Assuming we beat the Panthers ofc.

Funnily enough we can still get a bye with a loss to the Panthers; would still need the 'Hawks to win but we'd need the Packers to not lose against the Lions ? Complicated stuff.

At least the Vikings made it simple, 6th seed all the way ?

5 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

At least the Vikings made it simple, 6th seed all the way ?

Can't say I'd be too upset to get to witness Marcus Williams, stewing for years since the miracle, absolutely clatter Diggs every time he makes a reception - just to be safe ? 

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Can't say I'd be too upset to get to witness Marcus Williams, stewing for years since the miracle, absolutely clatter Diggs every time he makes a reception - just to be safe ? 

It’s quite funny, on twitter earlier in the week someone asked Vikings fans to name their top 5 most hated teams (I took it as dislike, as I don’t really “hate” any) besides the Bears & the occasional Patriots, the names that came up over and over again.....Packers, Saints, Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks, so basically this years play off teams except the 49ers ?

for the record mine was - Packers, Bears, Eagles, then don’t really care.

im expecting it to be the Saints and we are going to need another miracle ?

Vikings and Saints really need to separate out to get Seahawks and Eagles. The latter two are pretty bad teams. Seahawks have coasted on the magic of Russell Wilson, who no longer seems to be producing magic in the same volume as earlier in the season. The Eagles are just a bit 'meh' all round. Cowboys are spades ahead of the them, but are ridiculously inconsistent at the same time. 

I'm hoping the Rams can at least enjoy a 9-7 season, although I'm not holding my breath as I think many of them will be on holiday. Cardinals look like they want to finish strongly. Next season will be a tough one for the Rams, it's going to take some fairly big moves and smart decisions to avoid anything else. 

I'm shocked we've met with him; I'd be even more shocked if we signed him.

You may not think it based on how the Saints are portrayed by other teams fans, but we are the last team that would ever gamble on a player with character issues.
We've passed on countless great (in hindsight) draft options and free agents because we've suspected they might have character issues. No-ones suspecting anything when it comes to AB. 

I'm worried that the fact we're even doing our due diligence means that we're worried about the health of a playmaker on the offense. 

Archived