NFL 2019 Season

David

32 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Your defense is on the field too much, because your offense is mostly boom or bust plays. So even when successful, your time of possession is short - you didn't have a single drive that lasted 4 minutes or more. That means your DEF gets tired and starts to give up more big plays as the game goes on. 

In the first half your DEF had a net loss of 3 points, that's pretty good. And even despite losing some ground in the 2nd half they forced a fumble at 24-34 so you could get it within 4, and then forced a punt in 5 plays on the next drive, so it was in Cousin's hands to win the game. 

Last night you can maybe point towards tiredness, but I don’t see why you’re tired on the first 2 drives of the  second half. Tiredness shouldn’t make Xavier Rhodes throw a guy on the floor when out of bounds after making a tackle for loss, which was the play which completely changed the momentum. Im mainly looking at the secondary, which has been woeful all season. Up front we are still pretty good, the one big sack forced the punt, but if the opposing QB gets the ball out of his hands our secondary is nowhere to be seen.

Over the season, it’s been the first half where the defence has been really poor and has generally picked up in the second. I’ve not seen a player go for elite to terrible so quickly as Xavier Rhodes over the last year or so. 

Im just disappointed, a mad 10 minutes cost us a big win Seattle, where the play in the other 50 minutes was a good enough level to get it done, and it wasn’t even down to some Russell Wilson brilliance ?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Srg said:

the Ravens have had a ridiculous schedule this year... we’ve played the Seahawks, Texans, Patriots, 49ers and Chiefs. As well as the disappointing Rams. All while having to contend with the Steelers and Browns in division. That has to be the hardest schedule in the league. We have the Bills next week too!

It seems you're right. Kudos to the Ravens.

SOS.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

It seems you're right. Kudos to the Ravens.

It's amazing how strong our schedule looked before the season vs how strong it looks by now by record ? 

Bears, Cowboys sliding and Rams hiccuping have really reduced our SoS; week...5 or 6 I checked and we were 3rd on that list! Having played those 3 and the Seahawks with everyone still crowing that all 4 would definitely be in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

It's amazing how strong our schedule looked before the season vs how strong it looks by now by record ? 

Bears, Cowboys sliding and Rams hiccuping have really reduced our SoS; week...5 or 6 I checked and we were 3rd on that list! Having played those 3 and the Seahawks with everyone still crowing that all 4 would definitely be in the playoffs.

Almost every single year I see Rams fans whining about our schedule, yet it's just impossible to know how hard it is until you are at least halfway into the season.

I saw the Bears at home, and Browns, Panthers and Dallas on the road as being tough.

Yet we beat the Bears and Panthers easily (if you knock off the latters garbage time mini-revival), the Browns comfortably and have yet to play the awful Cowboys.

Yet, I'd never have thought the Baltimore home game, or even the 9ers home game would have been anything other than wins.

Not everybody can play in the AFC East which is bad 8outr of 10 years like that Pats.

The NFC is stacked this year, although Baltimore will take some stopping - presuming that is they can keep Jackson fit. That guy will not have a long career imho.

10 hours ago, Carnero said:

We'll take him

nfl eating GIF by Atlanta Falcons

I like Ron Rivera; it'd be a shame if he went over to Atlanta cos then I'd no longer be able to ? 

For transparency, mine are Bears, Buccs, Jets, Saints, Vikings, Texans, Packers, Bengals, Ravens, Falcons, Jags, Titans, Chiefs, Cards, Rams, Eagles.

I won't pretend there isn't a lot of hopefulness beating out logic there ? 

Archived