NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'm shocked we've met with him; I'd be even more shocked if we signed him.

You may not think it based on how the Saints are portrayed by other teams fans, but we are the last team that would ever gamble on a player with character issues.
We've passed on countless great (in hindsight) draft options and free agents because we've suspected they might have character issues. No-ones suspecting anything when it comes to AB. 

I'm worried that the fact we're even doing our due diligence means that we're worried about the health of a playmaker on the offense. 

What’s odd is that the NFL have pretty much confirmed he’s off on the commissioner’s exempt list if anyone signs him. 

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'm shocked we've met with him; I'd be even more shocked if we signed him.

You may not think it based on how the Saints are portrayed by other teams fans, but we are the last team that would ever gamble on a player with character issues.
We've passed on countless great (in hindsight) draft options and free agents because we've suspected they might have character issues. No-ones suspecting anything when it comes to AB. 

I'm worried that the fact we're even doing our due diligence means that we're worried about the health of a playmaker on the offense. 

I’m hoping he turns up, goes nuts and breaks Thomas’s arm...assuming we play you in the wild card round.

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I’m hoping he turns up, goes nuts and breaks Thomas’s arm...assuming we play you in the wild card round.

We wouldn't need Thomas to beat your lot mate. ?

5 hours ago, David said:

What’s odd is that the NFL have pretty much confirmed he’s off on the commissioner’s exempt list if anyone signs him. 

Yeah. I listened to a podcast discussing it; they think the Saints might "sign" him on Monday or after until the end of the year, knowing he wouldn't play. It would cost the Saints nothing; but would force the NFLs hand and not leave this grey area around one of the best WRs in the game for playoff teams.

Also, if the very unlikely happened and his investigations were sorted before/during the playoffs and he was cleared (also unlikely I suspect), he could play for us.

All that being said; I still really wouldn't expect this of us. Even if he was cleared the dude is clearly a bit mad and we stay well away from those players, historically. I really think due diligence is all it is.

Not that I'd be upset if the astronomically unlikely happened and we went into a playoff game with the best WR tandem in NFL history ?

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

We wouldn't need Thomas to beat your lot mate. ?

Yeah. I listened to a podcast discussing it; they think the Saints might "sign" him on Monday or after until the end of the year, knowing he wouldn't play. It would cost the Saints nothing; but would force the NFLs hand and not leave this grey area around one of the best WRs in the game for playoff teams.

Also, if the very unlikely happened and his investigations were sorted before/during the playoffs and he was cleared (also unlikely I suspect), he could play for us.

All that being said; I still really wouldn't expect this of us. Even if he was cleared the dude is clearly a bit mad and we stay well away from those players, historically. I really think due diligence is all it is.

Not that I'd be upset if the astronomically unlikely happened and we went into a playoff game with the best WR tandem in NFL history ?

You ain’t beating us with him ??

16 hours ago, Carnero said:

Joe Burrow is a football genius

Screenshot_20191228-230528.jpg

Pride of Louisiana. Him and Coach O.

If they win the Championship game; and the Saints manage to get the Superbowl - I win a bet with my friend made just after Brees got hurt and he has to fly me out to NOLA for it ?

Well we may have made a mess of tanking in the end. But when you got a coach who just wants to win no matter what then who am I to judge. And I'll take a win in Foxboro for the first time since 2008 over a top 5 pick anytime. 

What an insane end.

No booth review on the PI claims was shocking.

The Seahawks delay of game on the one yard line was inexplicable and inexcusable. They and the Eagles deserve each other.

Got some Vikings to crush next weekend.

15 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Sorry @Ambitious Mike Boone needed a week to get his eye in ??

Last week I had Mike Boone and DK Metcalf in favourable matchups scoring a whopping 4.30 points between them.

In unfavourable matchups, when it doesn’t matter, the bloody tits only go and score 44.10 between them. I’ve just had a look and I would have had a seriously week in FF. 

The world is against me. 

Archived