NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday's the day I reintegrate myself into the NFL then! ? 

Got absolutely no idea how any of the rookies have looked in pre-season.

I’ve been swatting up, been watching Good Morning Football and listening to the Shannon Sharpe podcast daily, the Peter King podcast when they drop. 

Have the NFL Network on in the background which cycles through pre season games so I’ve seen bits of a few games, watched the full game of Steelers @ Titans who were truely woeful. 

Our defence this year will be one to watch with Bush who looks a real handful

Also watched QB1 season 3 this week which has nothing to do with this season but Hard Knocks with the Raiders as well (knock on wood who’s with me)

That's what I've done in the past; but didn't have the energy for it this summer. 

I think it's a result of a lot of things combined with the fact that the Saints basically had no Draft. Really takes the interest out of pre-season. 

The weekend until 8pm on Sunday should be enough time for me to at least draft competently though. I'll need to do a bit more research before I can start messing about in the Free Agent market, though. 

I need to get my head back into it too. Too busy with the cricket, it's taken over the summer! That much I feel it's taken over from the football as well. Looking forward to the last two tests more than anything at the minute. Completely forgot about my other leagues draft last week and ended up with a poor team, don't want a repeat of last year in our league too. 

I know we've done ok in pre-season so far but from the bits I've seen it's hard to read into when half the players who will be starting next Sunday aren't playing. Might catch a bit of our game tonight vs the buccs if I'm up. Hopefully sort the mess out with Zeek this week. 

Vikings finish off pre season losing to the Bills. Was in complete charge for 3 quarters, then the 4th quarter players showed why they would be getting cut.

now eagerly awaiting to see who makes the 53 man roster, most spots are pretty obvious, but there’s a couple of slots up for grabs. I’m really hoping we don’t cut Khari Blasingame

23 hours ago, David said:

I’m hooked into the drama like it’s a soap opera, Zeke Elliott v Jerry Jones, Clowney refusing to sign a franchise tag, Melvyn Gordon, AB it’s like my Coronation Street ?

NFL does an unbelievable job of turning a sport which goes on for 3-4 months in a 24/7 365 event, and it's wonderful.

Ravens round of pre-season World Champs again. 5 years since we've lost haha

The Texans- Dolphins/Seahawk’s trades are crazy. Dolphins go full on fish tank.

I’m calling it now, the Colts have two 2nd round picks this year. They will trade one for Rosen following Luck’s retirement. Get him while his value is down, put him behind their stellar OL and under a good coach. He’ll get back to being who he wa s meant to be when he entered the league.

In actual NFL news, pretty pleased with the Saints trading for Alonso. He's a bit of a twit, but he's decent - and all we've given up is another LB who I don't remember seeing play.

The Dolphins look good value for the hard tank this season.

17 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In actual NFL news, pretty pleased with the Saints trading for Alonso. He's a bit of a twit, but he's decent - and all we've given up is another LB who I don't remember seeing play.

The Dolphins look good value for the hard tank this season.

Alonso is god awful.

Just now, Srg said:

Alonso is god awful.

5th in tackles in the NFL over the last 3 seasons, with decent INT, forced fumbles and fumble recovery numbers. Being added into a talented defense, in a position where we're thin. At the very least it's an upgrade on Vince Biegel, who he's been swapped for; and I think there's more upside to it than just that.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

5th in tackles in the NFL over the last 3 seasons, with decent INT, forced fumbles and fumble recovery numbers. Being added into a talented defense, in a position where we're thin. At the very least it's an upgrade on Vince Biegel, who he's been swapped for; and I think there's more upside to it than just that.

Had a good rookie season then had a serious knee injury and living off that ever since. Poor in coverage, and a dirty bar steward to boot.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Had a good rookie season then had a serious knee injury and living off that ever since. Poor in coverage, and a dirty bar steward to boot.

He is a bit of a scumbag, I do agree there. That's the cloud over this for me.

Archived