NFL 2019 Season

David

Draft completed. Overall pretty happy with how it’s gone. All the key positions covered. Potentially, some good players picked up. The only question mark is not an obvious starter coming in at Left Tackle.....and we bizarrely picked up a long snapper with the last pick.

When it came up with position LS, I honestly had to go and google it. Seemed to give everyone a good laugh at how bizarre of a pick it was though.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they all not potentially good otherwise they wouldn’t be there? I started to do a little research but figured it’s the same as watching YouTube montages of players Derby have been linked to, anyone can look good in a heavily edited video. 

Now it’s over I feel a bit ugh though as Derby’s season will end and next start before Steelers take to the field, got to endure the cricket season as well first ☹️

12 hours ago, David said:

Are they all not potentially good otherwise they wouldn’t be there? I started to do a little research but figured it’s the same as watching YouTube montages of players Derby have been linked to, anyone can look good in a heavily edited video. 

Now it’s over I feel a bit ugh though as Derby’s season will end and next start before Steelers take to the field, got to endure the cricket season as well first ☹️

Always a poo ton of optimism straight after a draft, all these players going to be better than what you have ? - never really works like that. Except in huge outlier years like the Saints in 2017. That poo is unheard of. Definitely true that the draft all in all is a huge gamble. Any player could be the greatest ever, and based on previous greatest evers, you don't have a lot to go on from college to suggest it. Any player could be out of the NFL by the end of the season too.

If you get 2 starters from a draft class, it's a good year. If you get 3 or more, you've knocked it out of the park. If your 1st rounder is a bust, it's a nightmare.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Always a poo ton of optimism straight after a draft, all these players going to be better than what you have ? - never really works like that. Except in huge outlier years like the Saints in 2017. That poo is unheard of. Definitely true that the draft all in all is a huge gamble. Any player could be the greatest ever, and based on previous greatest evers, you don't have a lot to go on from college to suggest it. Any player could be out of the NFL by the end of the season too.

If you get 2 starters from a draft class, it's a good year. If you get 3 or more, you've knocked it out of the park. If your 1st rounder is a bust, it's a nightmare.

Yeah, I’d be delighted with 2 starters. Our first rounder not being a dud or having a season ending injury would be nice. You have to go back to 2015 for the last time that happened for us, Waynes, Kendricks, Hunter & Diggs in rounds 1,2,3 & 5 respectively. Another year like that will do nicely. The last 3 years have been a bit of a disaster.

I trust Les Snead to get it right. He’s a the proverbial safe pair of hands, even if he is addicted to a trade or two, three or 10! We were always going to be in pretty good shape going into next season, plenty of experience in the team on the cheap and now we’ve acquired a number of understudies. I don’t see any of our draft players going straight into the team, although open to being surprised, so it’s a ‘we go again’ attitude. It’ll be interesting to see just how the offensive line holds up, but everything else is well placed for a deep run into the play offs! 

On 27/04/2019 at 09:50, David said:

Nice to see Josh Rosen get his move, even if I think he's a bit naff anyway which makes the Dolphins a perfect fit. All this whilst you speculate he's our guy rubbish, meh, could have handled it a lot better. Can't help but feel they would have got a better deal had they been more honest and open about their intention to shop him weeks ago.

As SaintRam said, they had first pick, not like they were going to miss out on Kyler Murray. 

They were screwed either way on value. Everyone knew they wanted Murray, and teams who entered into any type of trade discussion would have 100% knew it. Then, they're essentially only bidding against the other teams that may want him - which rounded down to practically no one after the draft. In the end, a 2nd is bloody lucky when there was practically no QB needy teams left.

59 minutes ago, David said:

5 months until the season starts and 7 months until it's over for the Ravens 

5 months is far too much time for Steelers locker room not to implode again... what's next? Roethlisberger up for yet another rape? JuJu going to go all Antonio on us? Tomlin going to prove yet again his inability to control a locker room?

1 hour ago, Srg said:

5 months is far too much time for Steelers locker room not to implode again... what's next? Roethlisberger up for yet another rape? JuJu going to go all Antonio on us? Tomlin going to prove yet again his inability to control a locker room?

Never convicted, JuJu is wonderful, Tomlin doesn't need to control the dressing room, we've got Big Ben for that!

Archived