Watchable telly

dog

8 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Just finished season 1 which was decent enough, so will give this series a look too.

On 10/10/2024 at 18:44, Anag Ram said:

Enjoying Showtrial on BBC1.

Lots of to-ing and fro-ing as we wonder whether a cocky policeman really was responsible for the death of a climate activist.

Sweet, I just came here to see if you lot had mentioned this.

We have caught up once more on The Penguin (brilliant and thoroughly deserves its 8.8 on IMDb), so we are looking for something. And seeing as we both love a good to-ing and fro-ing, that augers well.

We just watched A Confession with Martin Freeman, one we missed when in the US.

A very solid 7.5/10.

Freeman never ventures too far from Freeman, but I like the quirky rascal, so I don't care.

On 19/09/2024 at 10:24, Animal is a Ram said:

Kaos - Netflix

An intriguing attempt to bring ancient Greek mythology to the present-ish day. Only one episode watched so far, but Jeff Goldblum plays this version of Zeus to a T.

You don't have to know the myths to any detail, but it does provide some easter eggs if you're a bit of a nerd about it, like what I am.

7/10 so far. 

Finished this last week. Going to up it to a 8/10

Netflix has already binned it, a mere 6 weeks after it's release, which is a great shame. I'm holding on to a delusion that they're doing so to try and get enough clamour for season 2.

The aforementioned Zeus' descent into paranoia, madness is done with a dark sense of humour, and the modern twists on some of the myths are brilliant. Like I said, you don't need to know the myths to 'get' the show, but it does add another layer to it even if you only know a little bit.

On 27/09/2024 at 10:16, NottsRam said:

Black Widow, another excellent Sky Documentaries true crime story.  

You think you've seen/heard it all, This is one that sits at the top of the tree, A pathological liar and a 1st husband that believes what he's told.

Excellent watch👍 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

got around to watching S2 of Blue Lights, as S1 is one of the few programmes that my GF and I both enjoyed. Saw a few critical posts a few weeks back, cannot remember from who, and I can see a few of the plotlines were a bit lame, but overall is was watchable and I am looking forward to S3 and S4

I think it was just me who hated it.

I thought Season One was pretty good, but Season Two just felt like a soap opera and lost all its grittiness.

I Sat down to watch Showtrail Season One and realised we'd already watched it; we'd just forgotten the name.

Will start Season Two when my sister is down this weekend, as she has not seen it.

Instead, we started Ludwig.

What a yawn.

And the humour was so lame.

It felt like it was airlifted from the 1970s.

I  wish the writer had given the script to David Mitchell because Unruly is one of the funniest books I've read in the last decade. 

We are only one and a half episodes in. Does it get substantially better?

47 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I Sat down to watch Showtrail Season One and realised we'd already watched it; we'd just forgotten the name.

Will start Season Two when my sister is down this weekend, as she has not seen it.

Instead, we started Ludwig.

What a yawn.

And the humour was so lame.

It felt like it was airlifted from the 1970s.

I  wish the writer had given the script to David Mitchell because Unruly is one of the funniest books I've read in the last decade. 

We are only one and a half episodes in. Does it get substantially better?

I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks Ludwig is pretty average.

Critics seem to think it’s hilarious. I have barely smiled. It’s harmless in the same vein as Father Brown or Lost in Paradise but it is rather tame. 

Hope you enjoy Showtime 😊

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks Ludwig is pretty average.

Critics seem to think it’s hilarious. I have barely smiled. It’s harmless in the same vein as Father Brown or Lost in Paradise but it is rather tame. 

Hope you enjoy Showtime 😊

Lost in Paradise?

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

I think it was just me who hated it.

I thought Season One was pretty good, but Season Two just felt like a soap opera and lost all its grittiness.

I can see where it's gone a bit fluffy and how they rushed the solutions/evidence at the end. To be all smiles at the end, in such a bleak situation, left me a bit dissatisfied.