Watchable telly

dog

Finished Dark Matter. 

Interested in how its been viewed by others...

Bit like 'Inception', it hit a nice sweet spot for me, where there was some Science-y stuff that let my head accept what was happening was 'possible' and whilst the script was a little creaky at times, it just threw more and more levels/ideas into the mix that kept me hooked.

Edited by Chester40

Presumed Innocent 

4 part mini-series with Jake Gyllenhall.

Investigative, court room drama about a lawyer accused of murder.

Actually really watchable. I always think Gyllenhall is a decent actor anyway.

Formulaic stuff, but engrossing if you like the sound of it. Lots of little twists that pull you in, just a decent, tight storyline.

11 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Presumed Innocent 

4 part mini-series with Jake Gyllenhall.

Investigative, court room drama about a lawyer accused of murder.

Actually really watchable. I always think Gyllenhall is a decent actor anyway.

Formulaic stuff, but engrossing if you like the sound of it. Lots of little twists that pull you in, just a decent, tight storyline.

Actually it's an 8 part series, very glad as I was alarmed when I realised there were only 15mins left to wrap it all up !

New series of The Bear is being advertised heavily,  know there's a few fans on here... I watched one episode and really disliked it. I found Boiling Point really annoying (are they linked in any way) ..so was predisposed to not liking it and wasn't disappointed. I just don't get it/them. Rude characters shouting, being angsty, clichéd and pretentious in a hot kitchen. 

11 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Actually it's an 8 part series, very glad as I was alarmed when I realised there were only 15mins left to wrap it all up !

New series of The Bear is being advertised heavily,  know there's a few fans on here... I watched one episode and really disliked it. I found Boiling Point really annoying (are they linked in any way) ..so was predisposed to not liking it and wasn't disappointed. I just don't get it/them. Rude characters shouting, being angsty, clichéd and pretentious in a hot kitchen. 

I struggled through the first season of The Bear. I did make it to the end, but there's no way I'd watch the second or third one.