A question for Derby fans...

NorwichLad

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Everyone around here knows Ronnie’s connection to the Clough’s.

Cool, well I'd back up my mate if somebody slagged him off too. I wouldn't be the slightest bit partisan, good on Ronnie. 

So if we can ascertain then that Nigel's mates anecdotal evidence that Nigel Clough does now read opposition reports at Burton doesn't prove David Hamilton wrong then we've got absolutely nowhere really, have we? 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Cool, well I'd back up my mate if somebody slagged him off too. I wouldn't be the slightest bit partisan, good on Ronnie. 

So if we can ascertain then that Nigel's mates anecdotal evidence that Nigel Clough does now read opposition reports at Burton doesn't prove David Hamilton wrong then we've got absolutely nowhere really, have we? 

You initially stated “Nigel Clough did not read these opposition reports at Derby”. Your only evidence for this is the first 2 months of his 4.5 year spell at the club. 

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You initially stated “Nigel Clough did not read these opposition reports at Derby”. Your only evidence for this is the first 2 months of his 4.5 year spell at the club. 

That's more evidence than has been produced to the contrary. 

I was also able to ascertain that Burton Albion had a First Team Opposition Scout named Gino Venosi when Nigel Clough went back as manager and that he soon left and I cannot find any evidence that he was replaced. 

So if Ronnie knows 100% that Nigel Clough reads the reports from Burton Albion opposition scouts then he'd surely 100% be able to provide me with the name of at least one of the people who are paid to produce them? And don't say Simon Clough because he's not an Opposition Scout or a Lead Opposition Scout, he does a different job. 

Should be very easy for Ronnie, because he's got direct connections and inside knowledge. Would be easy to verify, and then his evidence won't be completely made up. Sorry, I mean 'anecdotal'. 

14 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I was also able to ascertain that Burton Albion had a First Team Opposition Scout named Gino Venosi when Nigel Clough went back as manager and that he soon left and I cannot find any evidence that he was replaced. 

Funny because I know that Rotherham United have one called Brian Owen, and Hull City have one named Shaun Jenkins, and Cardiff have one named Timo Cato, and Scunthorpe have one named Ivo Simbaev.

So if Ronnie knows 100% that Nigel Clough reads the reports from Burton Albion opposition scouts then he'd surely 100% be able to provide me with the name of at least one of the people who are paid to produce them? And don't say Simon Clough because he's not an Opposition Scout or a Lead Opposition Scout, he does a different job. 

Should be very easy for Ronnie, because he's got direct connections and inside knowledge. Would be easy to verify, and then his evidence won't be completely made up. Sorry, I mean 'anecdotal'. 

Why do you duckin care so much?

22 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Funny because I know that Rotherham United have one called Brian Owen, and Hull City have one named Shaun Jenkins, and Cardiff have one named Timo Cato, and Scunthorpe have one named Ivo Simbaev.

Should be very easy for Ronnie, because he's got direct connections and inside knowledge. Would be easy to verify, and then his evidence won't be made up. Sorry, I mean 'anecdotal'. 

Ever watched the film Groudhog day Norwich lad?

Jeez fella, I’d understand it if you were on here gloating about your sides good form but to keep a thread going this long, on a subject most Derby fans couldn’t give a rats about, well Its either testament to your ability to attract bites or a bad case of OCD.

Well done anyway, got 10 pages more than I thought you would when it started.

11 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

You total plum.

You were the one who came on giving it billy big balls about what you knew and who you may have had connections with.

Turns out you read a newspaper article.  You keep saying David was former chief scout, he wasn't

Either put up or shut up, if you know any of these chief scouts WHO WEREN'T CHIEF SCOUTS personally at all then stop hiding behind an old story. Tell me who your mate really is and I'll tell you why he was let go.

As for questioning someone's mental health for having the decency to put you straight with your story. Classy.

You've got a big future in the game with an attitude like that. Have you sent your CV to the PFA yet?

Let it go mate, you're making yourself look foolish.

It’s the year 3018.

The world is coughing and spluttering into the 31st century following China and the EU’s great nuclear war. Half the world population was wiped out.

The bees died along with most of the insects of the world making pollination impossible. The only food source is a kind of artificial protein paste. There is a finite supply and if you control the paste, you control the people. War continues to ravage throughout the world with whatever weapons the global powers can find following the exhaustion of the high-tech weapons of the late 2nd millennium.

Meanwhile, on dcfcfans, the debate continues with the top 3 threads being:

”A question for Derby fans...”

”Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him”

“Where would Chris Martin fit in the current side?”

5 minutes ago, Duracell said:

It’s the year 3018.

The world is coughing and spluttering into the 31st century following China and the EU’s great nuclear war. Half the world population was wiped out.

The bees died along with most of the insects of the world making pollination impossible. The only food source is a kind of artificial protein paste. There is a finite supply and if you control the paste, you control the people. War continues to ravage throughout the world with whatever weapons the global powers can find following the exhaustion of the high-tech weapons of the late 2nd millennium.

Meanwhile, on dcfcfans, the debate continues with the top 3 threads being:

”A question for Derby fans...”

”Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him”

“Where would Chris Martin fit in the current side?”

And we've still to keep a clean sheet.

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Everyone around here knows Ronnie’s connection to the Clough’s. 

Erm... Not quite everyone!

... and I hate being the odd one out!  LOL.

I had already surmised there was a connection (before this thread), but haven't found the connection yet!  :-(

Are there any clues?  How far do I have to search back to find out?  Do we have PM's on here?  Is Ronnie famous? Why am I so bloody nosy? 

Archived