Forest, Sheff Utd & Leeds games on TV

Day

The East Midlands Derby between Derby County and Nottingham Forest has been moved to Monday 17th December (7:45pm kick off). 

Aitor Karanka will bring his Forest side to Pride Park Stadium as both sides battle it out for the Brian Clough Trophy in front of the Sky Sports cameras. 

The fixture against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on Boxing Day has been selected for Sky Sports coverage. The game will still take place at 3pm on Wednesday 26th December.

Derby’s trip to Elland Road to face Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United side has also moved to accommodate the Sky Sports cameras.

The game will now take place on Friday 11th January (7.45pm kick off). 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/11/latest-sky-fixtures-announced

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's this week's poorest kept secret out, then!

I'm pleased the Sheffield United game hasn't changed time, didn't fancy Boxing Day evening up there. Leeds is the most awkward one for me as I now have to take time off work. Plus the M1 on a Friday teatime doesn't appeal much.

21 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm pleased the Sheffield United game hasn't changed time, didn't fancy Boxing Day evening up there. Leeds is the most awkward one for me as I now have to take time off work. Plus the M1 on a Friday teatime doesn't appeal much.

This. Bedford to Leeds on a Friday afternoon ☹️ Might have to be the TV for this one. PITA.

Well pissed. Once a year I arrange to see my daughter, from my first marriage, who has learning difficulties, for Christmas. It is near Plymouth and takes an age to arrange. She is in a home. This year set for the 17th December. Once again Sky do the great screw up of Christmas, thanks Sky. Pointless having a season ticket when these guys change things at a whim.

I’m planning to go to Sheffield on Boxing Day so I’m glad that’s not been rearranged time wise, glad Leeds is on telly cos I wouldn’t have gone there again, hate paying big prices for a crap view and poor facilities. Every time I’ve been the seat is overlooking their south stand not the pitch, can never get one further towards the pitch for the life of me and I’ve tried!  I spend the whole match having th stand sideways , it’s rubbish and uncomfortable.

While we have people buying Sky sports subscriptions the game for the fan will continue to be destroyed. So all whom have sky sports thanks a lot !!! 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

While we have people buying Sky sports subscriptions the game for the fan will continue to be destroyed. So all whom have sky sports thanks a lot !!! 

Nobody forced the clubs to sell rights to sky. They sold themselves to the devil 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

The genie is long since out of the bottle. If Sky went someone else would come along and probably insist on even greater control for their money. We can blame sky all we like but it's the EFL and, by extension, the clubs, that sell the rights and access to the games and we fans that are now used to better facilities, want cheaper tickets, highlights of goals from every match and the best players. We're all in it. 

And for every (well perhaps not quite) Rams fan fed up with a fixture change, there's another one pleased that they can now go to a match they might have missed. Nothing is perfect.

@ilkleyram - well I don't think the swings and roundabouts argument stands. Most season ticket holder forfeit some of the August matches, when it would be best to start the season after the kids go back to school, like it used to be. This is the first bad deal we get. The genie may well be out the bottle but we've had all of the benefits that you allude to, twenty years ago. The difference is now, especially with the EFL, Sky call the shots and no-one can argue. We are now getting the arse end of the deal with away ticket prices that are higher than in the prem and we are not getting the revenues that the prem clubs are getting, by a long shot. Yet for the Sky fans, credit to FL & JM, the unbiased will want to watch us on TV. For the season ticket holders it is getting more of a bad deal.

Going back 18 months ago, before I retired, Rescheduling my diary would have cost me a fortune but I tried to get on with it. Now I have to plan things in advance so as not to incur all the costs my business would absorb. For example, we have useless international tournaments changing the season almost monthly and we do not get a say when a match is changed or a rebate if we cannot attend. I'm sorry but the Forest match is the Crown Jewels of any Dcfc season ticket holder and to have it changed at the drop of a hat is plain disgusting for anyone that has a life outside of football, yet wishes to still try and fully support the Rams.

17 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

@ilkleyram - well I don't think the swings and roundabouts argument stands. Most season ticket holder forfeit some of the August matches, when it would be best to start the season after the kids go back to school, like it used to be. This is the first bad deal we get. The genie may well be out the bottle but we've had all of the benefits that you allude to, twenty years ago. The difference is now, especially with the EFL, Sky call the shots and no-one can argue. We are now getting the arse end of the deal with away ticket prices that are higher than in the prem and we are not getting the revenues that the prem clubs are getting, by a long shot. Yet for the Sky fans, credit to FL & JM, the unbiased will want to watch us on TV. For the season ticket holders it is getting more of a bad deal.

Going back 18 months ago, before I retired, Rescheduling my diary would have cost me a fortune but I tried to get on with it. Now I have to plan things in advance so as not to incur all the costs my business would absorb. For example, we have useless international tournaments changing the season almost monthly and we do not get a say when a match is changed or a rebate if we cannot attend. I'm sorry but the Forest match is the Crown Jewels of any Dcfc season ticket holder and to have it changed at the drop of a hat is plain disgusting for anyone that has a life outside of football, yet wishes to still try and fully support the Rams.

It's frustrating isn't it. 

We move kick off forward 2 hrs anyway, on police advice, yet they then change the ko time to 7 hrs later, albeit on a Monday with no problem.

We can kick off normally at 3.00pm on a Saturday, even against the likes of Brum and Villa, which both bring a full allocation of fans, yet we can't play Forest at the same time, and even worse the police are prepared to police an evening KO, with the resulting extra hours beer time as a side issue.

Bizarre, and all down to money.

1 hour ago, Lokidoki said:

I'm not sure that I am necessarily arguing with your point of view Lokidoki, but

Nobody forces me to buy a season ticket and nowadays I know months in advance when the season starts and ends and when the international breaks are going to be.  I buy a ST to sit in the same seat each match because I like the view and the people around me and because it gives me some advantages in buying away tickets. No other reason.  I set out to go to every home match in a season but I know that it's possible I won't be able to. I'm lucky, I haven't missed a home match including August matches, for many years so I've had my money's worth. But not everybody is as fortunate. And I still have a life outside football.

I also know in advance that if we do well (and, probably, if we don't) that we will be on Sky regularly. We're a big name in the Championship at least and therefore some kick off times are bound to change.  Like you I'm retired, so I'm pretty flexible and 5/6 weeks notice is usually enough for me.  But for many others I recognise that it makes watching football harder.  There are also some games, and the Forest match is one, which I know at the start of the season are always likely to be on Sky and therefore could be on at any time from the Friday evening to the Monday evening.

Possible date and KO time changes are one more thing to factor in but what doesn't work for some works well for others (including, no doubt, some season ticket holders) who now can go to the Forest match, so it's hard to argue that changes to KO times per se are always negative.

The essential point I was making was that I don't think you can always just blame Sky. It's the EFL (and therefore the clubs) who package up the games, who allow Sky the notice periods for kick off changes and who agree when the football can be shown.  The EFL are quite at liberty not to sell the product if they wish or to package it differently, but they want the money. It pays (in part) for better stadia, better pitches, better (and better paid) players and training grounds and medical teams and managers and all the rest of it. Perhaps some of it paid for my reduced ticket price at Old Trafford or keeping less well supported clubs afloat. We don't get EPL type money in the Championship for a whole host of reasons only one of which will be the fact that the EPL broke away from the football league and now sell their product around the world. And if Sky disappear there will probably be another TV company around the corner.

In the BBG days there was more than one occasion when I went to the ground not having heard that the match was off - mostly because of a frozen pitch.  If a match is called off nowadays it's mostly for H and S reasons or to irritate Colin, and nothing to do with the pitch or the ground, so I'm not convinced that we always get the arse end of any deal.  If there were no TV deal at all perhaps we would miss some of the things we do get.

10 hours ago, timmo said:

Nobody forced the clubs to sell rights to sky. They sold themselves to the devil 

And people are still feeding the beast!!

10 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

access to the games and we fans that are now used to better facilities, want cheaper tickets, highlights of goals from every match and the best players. We're all in it. 

We don’t get cheaper tickets, we don’t get the best players. What we get is games moved at a whim with no consideration to the fans who actually go to the games. Traditional Weekends are now ruined by the greed of Sky, the greed of the players, the greed of the good for nothing agents and the greed of the clubs...oh and the clowns who pay for it. 

Long live the day it all implodes and we get our game back ! #AMF

Archived