Sheff Wed (A) Tickets

Day

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can go to posh Chelsea for 25 notes, yet they want 36 to visit the slums of Sheffield. They could fill the entire ground with £20 tickets all round, but prefer an half empty stadium paying nearly double. False economy, the extra spend from all those extra thousands, would benefit the club and likewise the local economy massively 

We might go but it’s doubtful even though we live in Sheffield.

Firstly the away end at Hillsborough is a disgrace.

Secondly it is expensive even though that isn’t a big factor,it annoys me that we are being ripped off.

Thirdly the bus which passes the bottom of my road and goes past Hillsborough will take me as long to get to the ground as it does to drive to Derby and the £9 cost on the bus is about the same as it costs me in diesel.

On the other side I would love to see us smash the *****.

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

We might go but it’s doubtful even though we live in Sheffield.

Firstly the away end at Hillsborough is a disgrace.

Secondly it is expensive even though that isn’t a big factor,it annoys me that we are being ripped off.

Thirdly the bus which passes the bottom of my road and goes past Hillsborough will take me as long to get to the ground as it does to drive to Derby and the £9 cost on the bus is about the same as it costs me in diesel.

On the other side I would love to see us smash the *****.

Not arguing or anything cus personally I’ve never been. Just wondering, why is the away end so awful? 

5 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Not arguing or anything cus personally I’ve never been. Just wondering, why is the away end so awful? 

There are 2 structural beams that support the roof of the away end (one on each side of the goal) and they obstruct the view of some of the pitch.

The whole place is seriously run down. They need a new stadium.

2 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

There are 2 structural beams that support the roof of the away end (one on each side of the goal) and they obstruct the view of some of the pitch.

The whole place is seriously run down. They need a new stadium.

8 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

The concourse is very narrow and the entrances to the seats are also narrow. Last time I went I saw a big bloke actually struggle to get through, I dread to think what would happen in an emergency. The beams are also a problem with viewing if you get seated behind them. Worst ground I’ve been to for facilities.

8 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

The ground in general is suffering from a serious lack of investment.

The owner has said(I believe)that there will be no investment in the ground until they get promoted.

It saddens me a bit because I’ve gone on the Kop at Hillsborough with friends over the years and that stand is one of the best and the stadium used to be fantastic and should/could be one of the best.

Part of the away end has restricted numbers due to safety concerns of the the local safety board.

I’ll agree with the other poster,it’s scruffy,cramped no staff.

I am being a bit meh because once you’re on the stand you could be anywhere really.

When I go to Hillsborough it makes me a little bit grateful.

Really dislike the away stand at Sheffield Wednesday, I swear the facilities haven't been updated since our FA Cup semi-final there in the 70s! 

There is no leg room in seats either.

I find the whole experience very claustrophobic. 

My Sheff Weds season ticket holder mate tells me all the other stands have been upgraded over years, just not the away stand.

Given we pay same prices as home fans (some of the dearest in the Championship ) it's pretty disgusting. There ought to be some legislation regarding this to ensure some of their ticket income is spent on the customer experience. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Really dislike the away stand at Sheffield Wednesday, I swear the facilities haven't been updated since our FA Cup semi-final there in the 70s! 

There is no leg room in seats either.

I find the whole experience very claustrophobic. 

My Sheff Weds season ticket holder mate tells me all the other stands have been upgraded over years, just not the away stand.

Given we pay same prices as home fans (some of the dearest in the Championship ) it's pretty disgusting. There ought to be some legislation regarding this to ensure some of their ticket income is spent on the customer experience. 

Earlier than that Angie. My first ever away match in 1969 I was in that stand. It was the same then.

Archived