October

Cam the Ram

Looking back on it, October has been a good month for us:

• Drew with Norwich who were on a 5 game winning run at the time and who currently occupy a play off spot
  • We were the only team to score against and also take points off of QPR this month and they currently sit a point outside the play offs
  • Beat at the time top of the league Sheffield United who were on a 4 game winning run
  • Destroyed 3rd place West Brom away who would have gone top if they had beat us
  • Got a point away at 2nd place Boro and were probably unlucky not to come away with 3 points

Just Chelsea on the 31st left to add to that list

cfc9.gif

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on form and position of the opposition, that’s got to be our hardest month of the season out the way surely?

And the weird part is it’s disappointing to just take the 9 points from 5 games. If we can get it right against the teams further down the table then we could be on to something.

Its why its not worth getting too stressed about dropping points at weaker teams.

Yeah, now people will say "if we'd beat Bolton" but if we'd beat Bolton and lost the last 3 then people say "we just aren't good enough to compete with the top 6"

3 points is 3 points and it doesn't matter where they come from. 

It's frustrating dropping points to weaker sides but what everyone seems to forget is that it happens to everyone. Leeds drew with Wednesday and lost to Brum. Boro have dropped points to Rotherham, Hull and at home to Forest. 

How many teams in this league go through the season and only get defeated by sides that are considered worthy. Bet not many. 

It's frustrating but these teams aren't here to make up the numbers. It's a tight league and most teams are only some tinkering away from becoming one of the top sides. You can't be at it every week and if you slip then you'll get beat. It's alright for Man City and Co. They can slip and still win. But down here its tight. Weeks like this are possible. 

So long as we get 90 points who cares where from. Anything less than 90 and I think Lampard Out? 

2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

What do people think of our november fixtures?

All winnable in my opinion based on how we’ve been playing recently. Only four games spread across the whole month so we hopefully should be able to maintain our high intensity levels a bit better.

I’d be happy with 8-9 points from the four, 12 isn’t impossible.

Okay the table taking shape, possibly the likes of Qpr, Villa  may continue to improve and become contenders for play offs not sure Sheffield utd ,Norwich will stay the course. And as this week has proven, we have no one to fear in this division. butt plugs seem  to be doing ok but can't imagine them being more than in the fringe of the play offs. Wrongly or rightly can't see stoke pushing on and becoming any threat other than being difficult to beat and finishing top ten. Surprised by Leeds not having romped on ,especially after their performance against us. Perhaps they aren't as good as some may have assumed.

We are starting to look a very good side and hopefully will continue to improve as the season progresses. Hopefully our usual January slump won't materialise this season and consistency will ensure that the odd mishap as of yesterday will not effect us competing for a top position. Very positive for the rest of the season.Frank seems to have his first 11- 13 in place with capable options to rest players if needed.The likes of Bradley,Wisdom ,Nugent, Forsyth, and the likes all in the mix and capable of doing a job.

looking forward to Xmas fixtures  this time round and every possibility of us being top?

3 hours ago, angieram said:

th.jpg

I need that on a poster in my 6yr old's room

For a smart kid she's dumb!

She knows what she's having for breakfast tomorrow. She knows what clothes she's wearing the day after. She knows what I'm doing next weekend and she's writing her Xmas demands.

She's walking out in front of a car though because she forgot she was walking. 

Pain in the arse. She'll go far in life from what I've seen. A thousand qualifications and not an ounce of common sense. 

I love her bones but she's for sale if you're interested?

Archived