U23s v PSG - Fri 28th Sep, Free Entry

Day

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little disappointed Holmes is playing tonight. I guess its understandable with Wilson now being fit and Lawrence coming back from suspension, but I really like what I've seen from young Duane.

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I'm a little disappointed Holmes is playing tonight. I guess its understandable with Wilson now being fit and Lawrence coming back from suspension, but I really like what I've seen from young Duane.

I guess getting game time is better than not getting in the 18.

34 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I guess getting game time is better than not getting in the 18.

Yeah that's my disappointment. I like him in the 18. But as I say I understand why FL doesn't see him getting in the 18 this weekend.

Butterfield's playing quite well. He's really putting effort in.

Be easy to be lazy just playing for the U23s but he's really giving it his all. Credit to him. 

Had half an eye on the second half. Sibley excellent. As has been said, Holmes missed a clean one-on-one where he seemed undecided and lost control as he neared the keeper. 

No way does his absence mean Thorne will be on the bench tomorrow. With Lawrence back in the squad, Frank will find it hard enough dropping one of the current squad crop if Lawrence makes it as one of the Bolton subs. Interesting to see Butterfield on the pitch. Did the simple things well. 

We had the better chances and many more of them tonight, but PSG dominated the ball the last 10 minutes, without threatening. Surprised Jack Stretton wasn't rewarded with a place on the bench after 6 goals in the last 2 games for the U18s. We lack a prolific goalscorer at youth level. 

Went to the game tonight. There were a lot of fans there - good to see.

With better finishing we should have won that game; as @Carl Sagan says we really do lack a clinical finisher at this level.

Impressed by McAllister, who is getting better as he gets match fit. Max Bird played well too back in his more usual  defensive role, with Thorne's absence. Butterfield does the simple things well and kept going, despite his own lack of game time recently. Sibley could have snuck it for us at the end - he had a growing influence on the game.

I wondered tonight whether we were a bit in awe of playing PSG as it took us quite a while to realise we could cause them problems. Yes, they have the technical skills but didn’t have that many chances despite their possession.  

An enjoyable game if not quite the result we would have wanted.

3 minutes ago, Waffle said:

How did McAllister play? Does he look like a future prospect?

He was my motm. Created them all sorts of trouble with his close control and tricky dribbling. My highlight of the game was a 30-35 yard ball over the top to Holmes - he seemed to be faced towards his own goal with several PSG players around him at the time, but still managed to play in an inch perfect ball

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Went to the game tonight. There were a lot of fans there - good to see.

With better finishing we should have won that game; as @Carl Sagan says we really do lack a clinical finisher at this level.

Impressed by McAllister, who is getting better as he gets match fit. Max Bird played well too back in his more usual  defensive role, with Thorne's absence. Butterfield does the simple things well and kept going, despite his own lack of game time recently. Sibley could have snuck it for us at the end - he had a growing influence on the game.

I wondered tonight whether we were a bit in awe of playing PSG as it took us quite a while to realise we could cause them problems. Yes, they have the technical skills but didn’t have that many chances despite their possession.  

An enjoyable game if not quite the result we would have wanted.

Sibley seems to be getting the Will Hughes treatment

Archived