Sign in to follow this  
secretsquirrel

Away kit

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting. I ran it through an artificial intelligence colourizing program which thinks it's sort of purple? Like it!

1420744319_ArchieGemmillcolouradded.jpg.7744863993bc2008004cca75b50120b3.jpg

Could we not deduce that it is almost the same colour as the trim on the dirties kit? (Which i'd guess would be blue). Or is that not how it works?

59 minutes ago, sheffieldram said:

No mystery. This was Derbys away kit during the 1976/77 season.

They played many games in this shirt and yes the badge was in the middle.

The badge bit is unusual cos that was also the season we unveiled the “Argentina” kit as the 3rd kit - with the badge back in the usual place.

Oh gawd, B4 will be apoplectic if he sees us playing in red, but the picture with Archie has him in dark shorts, would they have been black or red ? 

I only ask because they look darker than the shirt and socks in that picture. 

2 hours ago, sheffieldram said:

No mystery. This was Derbys away kit during the 1976/77 season.

They played many games in this shirt and yes the badge was in the middle.

What was the colour then? I'm interest to see how close my recreation got. And do you have a link to this? 

Cheers

EDIT: Just seen later posts showing bright red kit. Poor attempt by the machine learning algorithms in that case! 

Edited by Carl Sagan

Red shirt and blue Home shorts, I think Leeds were yellow then and we we had white Home and yellow away shirts so needed the third kit.

there is a photo from 72 I think we’re derby wore blue shirts and Leeds wore red but they were the old round neck shirts

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.