Sign in to follow this  
secretsquirrel

Away kit

Oh gawd, B4 will be apoplectic if he sees us playing in red, but the picture with Archie has him in dark shorts, would they have been black or red ? 

I only ask because they look darker than the shirt and socks in that picture. 

2 hours ago, sheffieldram said:

No mystery. This was Derbys away kit during the 1976/77 season.

They played many games in this shirt and yes the badge was in the middle.

What was the colour then? I'm interest to see how close my recreation got. And do you have a link to this? 

Cheers

EDIT: Just seen later posts showing bright red kit. Poor attempt by the machine learning algorithms in that case! 

Edited by Carl Sagan

Red shirt and blue Home shorts, I think Leeds were yellow then and we we had white Home and yellow away shirts so needed the third kit.

there is a photo from 72 I think we’re derby wore blue shirts and Leeds wore red but they were the old round neck shirts

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

What was the colour then? I'm interest to see how close my recreation got. And do you have a link to this? 

Cheers

EDIT: Just seen later posts showing bright red kit. Poor attempt by the machine learning algorithms in that case! 

It has picked up Toddy in the background has got a red shirt on

2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

derek hales.jpg

I'm just more amazed you've found an image of Hales celebrating a goal - now that is a rarity.

Interestingly enough, you can pretty much deduce (I hope) that this was Colchester away in the FA Cup. The only other goal he scored away from home was at Brizzle, where I think it would have been unlikely for us to wear red.

Oooh, I've come over all Sherlock......

28 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Did you see this amazing colorisation that I found, fantastic work ! Really brings the old picture we have all seen a million times to life !

BB21A85B-E0FD-49BC-985F-434C71A49C77.jpeg

I didn't know this was computer produced, it looks very realistic even down to the well used white turning to grey sock tops, the only thing I would debate is the keeper's jersey as I believe FA rules stated the keepers jersey should be green, red, blue or white unless the rule came in after this date. Yellow was only used for international games.

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

1973 fa cup, Leeds red derby blue ! How bizzare ! 🤔

E67E8A63-1735-4A2C-BEC6-E2686DAC5E32.jpeg

I remember that from the time, not understanding the kit choices at all!

1 hour ago, loweman2 said:

It has picked up Toddy in the background has got a red shirt on

Very generous of you!

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm just more amazed you've found an image of Hales celebrating a goal - now that is a rarity.

Interestingly enough, you can pretty much deduce (I hope) that this was Colchester away in the FA Cup. The only other goal he scored away from home was at Brizzle, where I think it would have been unlikely for us to wear red.

Oooh, I've come over all Sherlock......

Poor Sherlock 🕵️♀️ 

12 hours ago, loweman2 said:

1973 fa cup, Leeds red derby blue ! How bizzare ! 🤔

E67E8A63-1735-4A2C-BEC6-E2686DAC5E32.jpeg

They should bring back those little flag things with the player's number on to hold their socks up. They were great (said in a Tony the Tiger voice".

20 minutes ago, richinspain said:

They should bring back those little flag things with the player's number on to hold their socks up. They were great (said in a Tony the Tiger voice".

Something weird going on in that picture. Bremner with 3 arms? 

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.