Sign in to follow this  
secretsquirrel

Away kit

This is a bit of a weird one.

From looking at the players (Archie and Toddy in the background, with sniffer Clark and Trevor Cherry for Leeds) and the Leeds strip I'd guess this is the 1976-1977 match at Elland Road. 

Derby's kit providers at that time were umbro and you can see the diamond on Archies shorts suggesting this was indeed the case.

However, the Ram logo was never in the centre on the umbro kits - it was on the breast facing to the left as you look at the picture.

On balance of probability I'd say blue, as most of ours were, but the misplaced ram makes me wonder if this was a one-off and I haven't been able to find any colour pictures yet 🤔

42 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

This is a bit of a weird one.

From looking at the players (Archie and Toddy in the background, with sniffer Clark and Trevor Cherry for Leeds) and the Leeds strip I'd guess this is the 1976-1977 match at Elland Road. 

Derby's kit providers at that time were umbro and you can see the diamond on Archies shorts suggesting this was indeed the case.

However, the Ram logo was never in the centre on the umbro kits - it was on the breast facing to the left as you look at the picture.

On balance of probability I'd say blue, as most of ours were, but the misplaced ram makes me wonder if this was a one-off and I haven't been able to find any colour pictures yet 🤔

The badge may not be in the centre. It could be just the angle and the way his body and shirt are twisted.

Or at least that’s how I see it. Would be weird placement to have the Umbro sign on the top right and our badge in the middle. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

The badge may not be in the centre. It could be just the angle and the way his body and shirt are twisted.

Or at least that’s how I see it. Would be weird placement to have the Umbro sign on the top right and our badge in the middle. 

It's central - look at Toddy. I'm going to guess this wasn't a standard issue - maybe a bit like the Brighton game a few years back when we we ended up playing in training tops. Something like that.

56 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It's central - look at Toddy. I'm going to guess this wasn't a standard issue - maybe a bit like the Brighton game a few years back when we we ended up playing in training tops. Something like that.

Oh yeah, we’ll spotted. Very odd. 

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.