Post Your Kitchen Gadgets

GboroRam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a fridge in the garage that's just for beer. Right now there are 40 or so perfectly chilled bottles of Moretti in that fridge. And when I say perfectly chilled, I mean they're just on the cusp of starting to freeze, but they won't freeze, because my garage fridge is magic. I love that fridge. Sometimes if I'm having a bad day, I think about that fridge and what's in it and everything all rights. 

35 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I have a fridge in the garage that's just for beer. Right now there are 40 or so perfectly chilled bottles of Moretti in that fridge. And when I say perfectly chilled, I mean they're just on the cusp of starting to freeze, but they won't freeze, because my garage fridge is magic. I love that fridge. Sometimes if I'm having a bad day, I think about that fridge and what's in it and everything all rights. 

which is ironic because I have a fridge/freezer in the garage which contains a few mice for junior Hants' snake and some long decayed mixers from the christmas before last.

And i prefer not to think of that fridge at all..........?

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

which is ironic because I have a fridge/freezer in the garage which contains a few mice for junior Hants' snake and some long decayed mixers from the christmas before last.

And i prefer not to think of that fridge at all..........?

Is junior Hants snake called Gary by any chance and if not then why not????

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

??? what is it? what does it do? how much does it cost? tell me more????

Just looked at their website... they'll send a local 'advisor' to your house to give you a demo and take you through 'the process of buying'. Bet you won't get rid of that advisor easily without handing over your bank details!

Looks like a £1000 vegetable chopper.

12 hours ago, Moist One said:

??? what is it? what does it do? how much does it cost? tell me more????

It makes pretty much everything (barring fried or baked things).

I've made soups, real lemonade, meat, fish, vegetables, butter, ketchup, barbeque sauce, curry sauce, bread dough, cakes - it's amazing.

Doesn't take up loads of space and meant that I could sell the breadmaker and Kenwood, free up space from my tiny kitchen and have a machine that does the lot in a matter of minutes. And it does everything in that machine - so the only real washing up is the knives, forks and plates.

I watched around 15 dishes being made up within an hour, and the only washing up that was at the end of it took up half a sink. In an hour.

It's expensive, but it's such a great way to make your meals (all healthy, low-calorie stuff). Definitely would recommend.

13 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Definitely would recommend.

- The noise level (measured at 91 decibel)

- There have been numerous accounts of a Thermomix machine "exploding" and scalding people with hot liquids.

- In June 2017 the ACCC started court proceedings against the Australian Thermomix distributor, alleging that it breached Australian Consumer Law, failed to comply with mandatory reporting requirements for injuries, asked consumers to sign non-disclosure agreements, and made false and misleading statements about its 2014 recall.

Sounds a bit dodgy, and I couldn't live with that noise level. 

All you really need in your kitchen are good sharp knives and decent pans. I also have a hard held blender, which I mainly use for thickening soups and curries, a toaster and a kettle. Still got the crappy old electric cooker which was in the house when I bought it. It's fine, and the fridge doesn't play records or dispense croutons. 

12 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

- The noise level (measured at 91 decibel)

- There have been numerous accounts of a Thermomix machine "exploding" and scalding people with hot liquids.

- In June 2017 the ACCC started court proceedings against the Australian Thermomix distributor, alleging that it breached Australian Consumer Law, failed to comply with mandatory reporting requirements for injuries, asked consumers to sign non-disclosure agreements, and made false and misleading statements about its 2014 recall.

Sounds a bit dodgy, and I couldn't live with that noise level. 

All you really need in your kitchen are good sharp knives and decent pans. I also have a hard held blender, which I mainly use for thickening soups and curries, a toaster and a kettle. Still got the crappy old electric cooker which was in the house when I bought it. It's fine, and the fridge doesn't play records or dispense croutons. 

Never had any problems, never had anyone ask me to sign an NDA, you'll get  loudnoise if you're chopping (maybe 10-30 seconds) - otherwise it's near silent. I don't think you'll be able to find anyone who has one complain about it - but plenty of people who don't have one will tell you not to get one. 

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

plenty of people who don't have one will tell you not to get one. 

No one's told me not to get one, I've never heard of it before. 

I don't see the need for blenders, bread makers, microwaves, pressure cookers, soda streams, teasmaids, coffee machines or fondue sets, so I'm probably not the target market anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Soup makers are actually amazing. Mrs Parsnip uses one all the time - she just throws stuff in it and it chops it all up and makes soup. One button. And they're £25.

Isn’t that what a slow cooker? Depending on what you chuck in you can call it a soup, chilli, curry, casserole or stew

1 minute ago, David said:

Isn’t that what a slow cooker? Depending on what you chuck in you can call it a soup, chilli, curry, casserole or stew

Yeah but a slow cooker won't turn raw unchopped veggies into soup. Our cheap soup maker does all the chopping, blending and cooking.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

It makes pretty much everything (barring fried or baked things).

I've made soups, real lemonade, meat, fish, vegetables, butter, ketchup, barbeque sauce, curry sauce, bread dough, cakes - it's amazing.

Doesn't take up loads of space and meant that I could sell the breadmaker and Kenwood, free up space from my tiny kitchen and have a machine that does the lot in a matter of minutes. And it does everything in that machine - so the only real washing up is the knives, forks and plates.

I watched around 15 dishes being made up within an hour, and the only washing up that was at the end of it took up half a sink. In an hour.

It's expensive, but it's such a great way to make your meals (all healthy, low-calorie stuff). Definitely would recommend.

how much did you pay for it?

Archived