Derby on Sky - how soon do we know?

North East Ram

Is there a window or cut off date at which we know which games will be on sky?

Its the age old problem of trying to book train tickets but potentially missing cheap prices in case Sky change the kick off. Or buying a ticket and the match is moved!

I hear this might be addressed as a collaboration between train companies and Sky / FA in future so that refunds / transfers might be possible but I’ll not hold my breath. 

Essentially im looking at the away games in September and October.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV selection dates 2018/19 (Illustrative but subject to a five-week minimum notice commitment)

Remainder of August Selections for 11 August to 25 August by 28 June

Selections for 1 September to 29 September by 27 July

Selections for 3 October to 10 November by 24 August

Selections for 17 November to 8 December by 12 October

Selections for 15 December to 12 January by 9 November

Selections for 19 January to 2 February by 14 December

Selections for 9 February to 2 March by 4 January

Selections for 9 March to 30 March by 1 February

Selections for 6 April and 10 April by 1 March

Selections for 13 April by 8 March

Selections for 19 April to 22 April by 15 March

Selections for 27 April by 5 April

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

26 minutes ago, David said:

TV selection dates 2018/19 (Illustrative but subject to a five-week minimum notice commitment)

Remainder of August Selections for 11 August to 25 August by 28 June

Selections for 1 September to 29 September by 27 July

Selections for 3 October to 10 November by 24 August

Selections for 17 November to 8 December by 12 October

Selections for 15 December to 12 January by 9 November

Selections for 19 January to 2 February by 14 December

Selections for 9 February to 2 March by 4 January

Selections for 9 March to 30 March by 1 February

Selections for 6 April and 10 April by 1 March

Selections for 13 April by 8 March

Selections for 19 April to 22 April by 15 March

Selections for 27 April by 5 April

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

Nice one, thanks David.

So by next Friday, October should be locked down. Some good train prices available at the mo; just hope they’re there at the end of next week!

1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Nice one, thanks David.

So by next Friday, October should be locked down. Some good train prices available at the mo; just hope they’re there at the end of next week!

Although last season they picked televised fixtures after the cut off point, so ?

I think the discussion is to make train tickets fixture based rather than on a certain date 

3 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I’m travelling from Newcastle, hence the need for the cheapest prices possible. But at least we have a proper station and trains! ?

From my experience, instead of getting tickets from Newcastle to Derby, get Newcastle to York and York to Derby (you don't have to leave the train). You should save enough to get yourself a few pints

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

From my experience, instead of getting tickets from Newcastle to Derby, get Newcastle to York and York to Derby (you don't have to leave the train). You should save enough to get yourself a few pints

It’s always worth checking on a site like ‘split tickets’. Going from Bristol Parkway to Derby, if I get tickets from Bristol to Cheltenham and Cheltenham to Derby I save £12 pounds on a return which adds up to a fair bit over a season.

I used the replacement bus between Burton and Derby and back and it was fine. In fact I was quite impressed by how well organised it was in comparison to other places when I’ve had to use replacement buses. Lots of peopl around to give advice and lots of notices explaining where to go.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Good call - done that a few times using the split fares routine. A home game is like an away game for me!

5 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Never mind all that Geordie mumbo jumbo. They might have a decent train station, a big owd ground and a so called decent manager but we make the trains, have the Brunny, Alex, Exeter and have won the league in the last 100 years!!! ?

Huzzah!

8 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Is there a window or cut off date at which we know which games will be on sky?

Its the age old problem of trying to book train tickets but potentially missing cheap prices in case Sky change the kick off. Or buying a ticket and the match is moved!

I hear this might be addressed as a collaboration between train companies and Sky / FA in future so that refunds / transfers might be possible but I’ll not hold my breath. 

Essentially im looking at the away games in September and October.

After that performance against Leeds, I will definitely be hiding behind the sofa for televised games...

It seems that sky have now confirmed their live games until the beginning of October, with Bolton v Blackburn being live on 6th October at tea time:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11446162/efl-live-on-sky-sports-sky-bet-championship-fixtures-confirmed-through-to-october

I guess that Derby away at QPR won't be on TV, so should be safe to book trains etc for that particular game?

45 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Want to go to the Boro game but got a horrible feeling it'll be moved to Friday night. Trains up there from London are eye watering... Seems like sky have passed the deadline for end of October can anyone confirm?

I’m not convinced all the fixtures for October have been confirmed yet. But apparently tomorrow it should be. No guarantees though eh!!!

as for a trip to boro- it’s not the greatest away day. I live in the north east and can rarely be bothered going there. 

Sith Happens
33 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Out of interest, how much can you possibly save on trains booking well in advanced? 

I've just checked and the price for me is the same tomorrow as it is for the middle of December, perhaps there is something I'm missing. 

In my experience advanced is something like 24 hours. 

Archived