Derby on Sky - how soon do we know?

North East Ram

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Out of interest, how much can you possibly save on trains booking well in advanced? 

I've just checked and the price for me is the same tomorrow as it is for the middle of December, perhaps there is something I'm missing. 

Depends where you’re going. A return ticket from Newcastle to London varies between £50 to £300+

Even a return to Derby can cost c£150 I.e. almost the price of some season tickets. Hence the raised eyebrows when some twits question loyalty ?

The earlier I can book a ticket, the better. 

For good measure, Sunderland took 2.5k to Gillingham last night. 

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Out of interest, how much can you possibly save on trains booking well in advanced? 

I've just checked and the price for me is the same tomorrow as it is for the middle of December, perhaps there is something I'm missing. 

quite a lot. you wont save much trying to buy tickets at peak time (1730 out of london northbound for example) but can save loads on odd times etc. London Boro is about £100 on the day but can get that down to about 40 by booking in advance.

long distance peak time trains are priced to extract money out of business.

10 minutes ago, Bigfella said:

This was in DET about saving money on trains - there is a website you can use mentioned in the article.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/shrewd-derby-train-passenger-saves-1932011

yeah this really can save you a lot of money if you are going on 'unusual' routes.

if there is two of you going on long distance regularly you might as well get the two-together card, can save a fortune.

• 3 weeks later...

There’s also the newly-introduced issue of needing to decide whether Rams TV full subscription is worthwhile for the upcoming month, now that annual subscriptions have been canned.

I much preferred the annual option, precisely because I didn’t have to worry about what had already been spent. But, now that my finances are that little bit tighter, I will be contemplating each month whether I’ll subscribe for the following month or just switch to the audio only subscription for a week or two.

@David,other than relying upon your good self, which is the best way of getting the upcoming broadcast schedule ?

21 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

There’s also the newly-introduced issue of needing to decide whether Rams TV full subscription is worthwhile for the upcoming month, now that annual subscriptions have been canned.

I much preferred the annual option, precisely because I didn’t have to worry about what had already been spent. But, now that my finances are that little bit tighter, I will be contemplating each month whether I’ll subscribe for the following month or just switch to the audio only subscription for a week or two.

@David,other than relying upon your good self, which is the best way of getting the upcoming broadcast schedule ?

Tbh I think dcfc announce it as soon as they're notified.

Archived