Peace advice frank lampard

B4ev6is

Well yesterday derby were given football lession maybe switch formation as much as I like 433 but maybe try a different formation 352 this will give us extra man in midfield and in attack.

We can have 3 at the back

Like diamond formation in midfield 

One player sitting just behind them fedding the ball to them.

2 upfront 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well yesterday derby were given football lession maybe switch formation as much as I like 433 but maybe try a different formation 352 this will give us extra man in midfield and in attack.

We can have 3 at the back

Like diamond formation in midfield 

One player sitting just behind them fedding the ball to them.

2 upfront 

Agree he needs to look at the formation because we will take some spankings if carry on playing like we did yesterday.

Playing 3 centre backs and trying to play out from the back would worry me immensely as I don't think we have the personnel to play that way.

Well I felt sorry for waghorn yesterday he had no help up there with him.

It was screaming out at 2-1 down to perhaps had massion bennet upfront with him just have physcal side to help him but also give leeds something else to worry about zoon off for wilson.

He said he wouldn’t be stuck on one formation, so we will see what he does. Things haven’t looked right the first 2 games, but do you abandon plan A after 2 games? Don’t think he’s found his best 11 yet, Huddlestone, Evans, Holmes, Marriott yet to be involved. 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Formation, formation, formation - their Players were better than ours. 

I don't think anyone would argue that they had the better players on the day but our formation/personnel played a massive part in our downfall. 

From their first goal it was obvious that they were getting too much space in the middle of the park. 

Its early days but already I am wondering if we have the personnel to play the type of game that FL has in mind, I certainly don't see anyone in the squad capable of playing the CDM role on their own. 

If we are going to continue playing with 2 wingers and 2 attacking full backs I think it would be a mistake to play with one CDM. 

Just my opinion and I'm fully aware that I'm not tactical genius!

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

He said he wouldn’t be stuck on one formation, so we will see what he does. Things haven’t looked right the first 2 games, but do you abandon plan A after 2 games? Don’t think he’s found his best 11 yet, Huddlestone, Evans, Holmes, Marriott yet to be involved. 

Well stated

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Agree he needs to look at the formation because we will take some spankings if carry on playing like we did yesterday.

Playing 3 centre backs and trying to play out from the back would worry me immensely as I don't think we have the personnel to play that way.

Arguably we didn’t have the personal last season to play 3 at the back, however it actually worked very well in the final few games. This year we have invested in attacking full backs so I think we do have the players for it. It takes the pressure off Keogh too and I liked him in a 3. 

Carson gk

keogh rcb

davies cb 

tomori lcb 

wisdom rwb

lowe lwb

Bryson cm 

Mount cm 

Wilson RW

Waghorn St

Lawrence LW

You loose the issue of holding mid in this position as you don’t have one 3-4-3 

other option is 352 but that would involve us playing Wilson and Lawrence as wing back or loosing them completely. 

5 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

Arguably we didn’t have the personal last season to play 3 at the back, however it actually worked very well in the final few games. This year we have invested in attacking full backs so I think we do have the players for it. It takes the pressure off Keogh too and I liked him in a 3. 

Carson gk

keogh rcb

davies cb 

tomori lcb 

wisdom rwb

lowe lwb

Bryson cm 

Mount cm 

Wilson RW

Waghorn St

Lawrence LW

You loose the issue of holding mid in this position as you don’t have one 3-4-3 

other option is 352 but that would involve us playing Wilson and Lawrence as wing back or loosing them completely. 

Lawrence is suited where Frank uses him now, to get the best out of him, sticking him out wide wouldn't get many goals from him

4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Lawrence is suited where Frank uses him now, to get the best out of him, sticking him out wide wouldn't get many goals from him

He is playing out wide, Where do you think he is playing? He’s playing better due us having players to play with in the final third and more freedom to attack something rowett didn’t allow. 

8 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

He is playing out wide, Where do you think he is playing? He’s playing better due us having players to play with in the final third and more freedom to attack something rowett didn’t allow. 

Sorry i was replying to him being played as a wing back, Yes he plays out wide but as license to come inside. Under Rowett, he was expected to defend and when we counter attacked he was coming from a deeper position. In a way, under Rowett he was played like a wing back and thats why he didn't score as many goals as he did at Ipswich the season before.

Archived