Best Starting 11 and sub bench?

dcfcfan1

Obviously against leeds, we wont see our best team, but Im just curious to who would be in our squad in a few weeks time after the break when everyone is match fit?

Doubt we will see Johnson and Nugent and even Bennett much

First team; Carson, wisdom, keogh, davies, malone, mount, huddlestone, bryson, lawrence, Waghorn, Wilson

Subs- Roos, tomori, lowe, ledley, floJo, Marriot, holmes

johnson/ nugent and evans on the fringes of the squad

Expect Jerome/blackman/Anya/Thorne and Butterfield to leave

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit concerned (like many) about the number of players we've brought in. Does this mean FL will rotate the squad frequently. After all, he did play under the original 'Tinkerman'.

So, do we go with 'Don't change a winning team' or 'X & Y are on fire and scored hat-tricks in the last game so I'll rest them to keep them fresh'?

I'm glad it's not my dilemma.

Same, Im just wondering how players like Evans and Holmes will features much when we have ledley and bryson ahead of them.

Maybe they will feature sparingly this season and take over next (assuming we are still in CC) as bryson and ledley both end their contracts and leave?

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think we will see masion bennet quite a bit frankly so happy for him and could turn into 15m plus player for us in the future.

Don't know about a £15 million player but Frank certainly seems to think highly of him ! 

Breaking it down I think the squad we will see will be something like

Gk: Carson , Roos 

Rb: Wisdom, Tomori 

Lb: Lowe , Malone 

Cb: Keogh ,Davies ,Pearce (with the option of Tomori , Evans) 

DM: Ledley , Huddlestone and Evans 

Cm: Bryson , Mount , Johnson , Holmes 

Aml: Lawrence , Thomas 

Amr: Wilson , Jozefzoon 

Cf : Waghorn, Marriott and Bennett 

I think that squad of 22 is a good mix of youth and experience with strength in depth . Obviously 4 will miss out each week but there's going to be injuries , suspension s and rotation to bare in mind. 

Mitchell , Bogle , Fozzy , Thorne , Anya , Butterfield , Nugent , Jerome and Martin all to be loaned out. 

Carson.                                                                    

Wisdom         Keogh      Davies        Malone

Evans

Bryson              Mount

Wilson                Waghorn               Lawrence

I am pleased in way he will never get games here and plus his style of play never suited him but I think his playing style suit spain much better.

But I wish him well he is far my favouite player but he needs to be playing games.

It's impossible to even predict. We've got so many players, many of who could easily hit a bit of form & come back into the fray. It helps that each position has 3 options, in some cases more, so hopefully it sorts out the wheat from the chaff. 

Carson.                                                                    

Wisdom         Keogh      Davies        Malone

Bryson

Lawrence              Mount

Wilson                  Marriott                Waghorn

Genuine competition in nearly all areas of the team. Can’t see how FloJo will get a game right now but in 10 games he could be first choice. Lowe will have to play out of his skin to keep Malone out, but he might just do that. 

Whoever is in the 11 will be playing well to be there which can only be good.

Think a few of our new signings like Evans and Holmes won’t be featuring a huge amount early doors, will be players to feature more when the games come thick and fast later in the season. Seems like Lampard wants a big squad for rotation in order to keep up such a high energy game, particularly in wide areas and midfield. My strongest 11 and bench is as follows, but I would not expect to see this exact team every game..

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson Mount

Wilson Waghorn Lawrence

Subs: Mitchell, Lowe, Tomori, Ledley, Josefzoon, Thomas, Marriott

Leaves players like Evans, Holmes, Bennett, Johnson etc to rotate onto the bench/ into the team when injuries occur.

Still quite a lot of players I’d expect to leave, mainly those signed by clement like butterfield etc, and others like Jerome have no real role either.

3 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Same, Im just wondering how players like Evans and Holmes will features much when we have ledley and bryson ahead of them.

Maybe they will feature sparingly this season and take over next (assuming we are still in CC) as bryson and ledley both end their contracts and leave?

do you honestly think that ledley and bryson wont miss any matches through either injury or loss of form?

Carson

wisdom.   Keogh.     Davies.      Lowe

.                     Bryson

wilson.        Mount.      Lawrence

.        Marriott.      Waghorn

Certain players will be kicking their heels now. They know that no team wants them permanently and probably would have been sold for £1 million each. No team wants to pay their wages so a wage cut is coming their way. Not going to get any games so subsidised loan or U23/bench is their future. 

Archived