Transfer business

King Kevin

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously?

I can imagine Clement was like that but definitely not Frankie. There was the bit about FLs job interview being quizzed about young players and he knew loads. He's not gonna get players in he doesn't want. Plus Jody will know loads of them too.

Totally agree FL is in his first job so he and Jody Morris will build their  reps on what they do here so of course he/they will choose who and what role they will play

BUT A BIG BIG THANK YOU GOES TO MM for not only bankrollng the club we all love but by having the  whatsits to employ FL  utter master stroke.Obviously the season will no doubt have its ups and downs but one things for sure its going to be an interesting ride

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, curb said:

It's too early yet to say whether or not the players fit the system, or whether the new players will be a success. 

While I am hugely optimistic and looking forward to seeing how it all beds in, i can't help comparing it to when Clement came in, Rookie manager with good pedigree turns up and suddenly signs a load of players who had one good season in the Championship. I wonder how much input FL has had in the recruitment or whether it was a case of 'do you want one of these?', 'oh, go on then'. 

Anyway, early doors yet, hopefully it'll turn out better this time. 

Think Lamps and Jody Morris will be pulling the strings with regard these transfers. Not previously had such a mix of youth and experience come into the squad and certainly not in such quick succession .Also the loanees  from Chelsea suggest that they are both influential in all these signings.

Obviously an unknown quantity with a few signings but I don't think we have overpaid for Any one and Marriot could prove to be either a real steal it sold in for a similar value.

The squad really needed a good shake up and I don't believe any player can take for granted their first team position,perhaps other than Carson. That's exciting from my perspective and should help create a healthy competition for places.

just need to lose a few of the lads that will not be apart of the journey preferably by selling on  rather than loaning out.

Blackman, Martin,  Ledley or Thorne, Anya, possibly Nugent, Jerome to name a few who could / should move on.

All in all happy with The Frank Lampard show and we need to give him time.

2 hours ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

Well be in the Prem next season, and from what ive seen of Wilson so far and I know its early days Jozefoon and Thomas wont have to do too much to be an improvement over him.

Bore off you’ve seen him play 1 competitive match. 

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

Think Lamps and Jody Morris will be pulling the strings with regard these transfers. Not previously had such a mix of youth and experience come into the squad and certainly not in such quick succession .Also the loanees  from Chelsea suggest that they are both influential in all these signings.

Obviously an unknown quantity with a few signings but I don't think we have overpaid for Any one and Marriot could prove to be either a real steal it sold in for a similar value.

The squad really needed a good shake up and I don't believe any player can take for granted their first team position,perhaps other than Carson. That's exciting from my perspective and should help create a healthy competition for places.

just need to lose a few of the lads that will not be apart of the journey preferably by selling on  rather than loaning out.

Blackman, Martin,  Ledley or Thorne, Anya, possibly Nugent, Jerome to name a few who could / should move on.

All in all happy with The Frank Lampard show and we need to give him time.

That's my whole point, this rush to change the squad completely isn't giving him time, now he's going to be expected to deliver in his first season in management, with a whole raft of players who may or may not fit together. 

It may be that it blows away all the dressing room problems and cliques that we've rumoured to have had in the past, but it's a big gamble by MM to do it all over again with another rookie manager having had his fingers burnt already.

I think people ought to give things time personally. I’m excited about what might be happening again, don’t get me wrong, but it annoys me when I see such OTT stuff one way or the other about our fortunes. 

We’ve played one game. And we were fortunate to get the win in what was a poor display for the most part against a side tipped for relegation. 

None of us know how good or otherwise these players are, yet. 

I fear that if results aren’t great in the next few weeks, the opinions on here and elsewhere won’t be as complimentary. 

There’s no middle ground on here is there? ?

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously?

I can imagine Clement was like that but definitely not Frankie. There was the bit about FLs job interview being quizzed about young players and he knew loads. He's not gonna get players in he doesn't want. Plus Jody will know loads of them too.

Plus one thing clement didnt have was knoledge of players.

1 hour ago, curb said:

That's my whole point, this rush to change the squad completely isn't giving him time, now he's going to be expected to deliver in his first season in management, with a whole raft of players who may or may not fit together. 

It may be that it blows away all the dressing room problems and cliques that we've rumoured to have had in the past, but it's a big gamble by MM to do it all over again with another rookie manager having had his fingers burnt already.

Ten players out of contract next season might explain it

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Bore off you’ve seen him play 1 competitive match. 

I watched him against wolves as well and wasn't impressed at all with his ineffective play and predictability,  he could turn it around and start to play brilliantly l but I reckon Jozefoon fits the team better as  with two wingers who dont cross and are greedy and one footed Waghorn and marriot wont get much service. But with jozefoon whipping in crosses (for mounts goal against wolves he put in a great cross) we will create more chances and get more goals.

3 hours ago, curb said:

Congratulations on being the first to write him off.

Ive not written , him off but it is undeniable in his last 2 games he has been pretty crap , he can turn it around  but Id like to see jozefoon given a start against leeds as his pace and ability to put crosses into the box is a big advantage over Wilson who I think is too similar to Lawrence as he plays pretty similarly to tom ince.

I was hoping we were going to blend our u23s with some young loansters with the best of our existing squad.

This all smells a bit butterfield and johnson to me now.

I have to admit, a new manager who hasnt been arouind the Championbship as a player or manager, with an assistant which you can say the same for.

+ changing way too much of the squad in one hit, fills me more with dread than excitement.

Is quite amusing, to read on twitter and facebook amoungst the sorts of fans i disagree with, how many all think this is great and thjis is where previous management failed.

Time will tell but i disagree, and if it does bit us on the bum.. yes it will smell of butterfield/Johnson.

Surely a better option would be to blood a few youngsters in, get a couple in on loan.. then next summer Lampard wouild have a better idea on the big numbers in our squad whose contracts are expiring on who to keep and who to release.

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I watched him against wolves as well and wasn't impressed at all with his ineffective play and predictability,  he could turn it around and start to play brilliantly l but I reckon Jozefoon fits the team better as  with two wingers who dont cross and are greedy and one footed Waghorn and marriot wont get much service. But with jozefoon whipping in crosses (for mounts goal against wolves he put in a great cross) we will create more chances and get more goals.

So we’ve both seen him the same amount of times and you’ve seen enough to basically write him off... maybe look at his last consistent run in a team? A poo hull side last year? 

I know he scored 7 in 13 for Hull, and he is a good finisher but that doesn't mean he has to start over jozefoon,  I'm not writing him off but I just think two wingers  cutting inside and being predictable and no good crosses into the box may be ineffective in a lot of games.  With leeds playing 3 at the back this would be the perfect game to start jozefoon as he stays out wide when he plays on the right  and has the pace to stretch their defence more than Wilson. If Wilson doesn't score he doesn't do much, where as jozefoon is more of a constant threat on the counter and he deserves a chance.

55 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

So we’ve both seen him the same amount of times and you’ve seen enough to basically write him off... maybe look at his last consistent run in a team? A poo hull side last year? 

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

I have to admit, a new manager who hasnt been arouind the Championbship as a player or manager, with an assistant which you can say the same for.

+ changing way too much of the squad in one hit, fills me more with dread than excitement.

Is quite amusing, to read on twitter and facebook amoungst the sorts of fans i disagree with, how many all think this is great and thjis is where previous management failed.

Time will tell but i disagree, and if it does bit us on the bum.. yes it will smell of butterfield/Johnson.

Surely a better option would be to blood a few youngsters in, get a couple in on loan.. then next summer Lampard wouild have a better idea on the big numbers in our squad whose contracts are expiring on who to keep and who to release.

Clearly he has a vision of the team he wants and has just signed it, nearly. ?

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

I would agree If it was 2010 the fact we have been out the prem for 10 years now means every season we are going hard for promotion , Lampard clearly thought the players he inherited weren't good enough just to sign 3 or 4 and then be done, so he has revamped the team to give us the quality we need to push for promotion. If we only signed a few we wouldn't be good enough to push for Autos , we could push for a top 2 finish now and also next summer a load of players contracts run out so we have bought in a lot of new players now to avoid having to buy a load  of players next summer.

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I know he scored 7 in 13 for Hull, and he is a good finisher but that doesn't mean he has to start over jozefoon,  I'm not writing him off but I just think two wingers  cutting inside and being predictable and no good crosses into the box may be ineffective in a lot of games.  With leeds playing 3 at the back this would be the perfect game to start jozefoon as he stays out wide when he plays on the right  and has the pace to stretch their defence more than Wilson. If Wilson doesn't score he doesn't do much, where as jozefoon is more of a constant threat on the counter and he deserves a chance.

You’ve seen Joz play the same amount of times and put in 1 cross of note. 

Archived