Transfer business

King Kevin

The main thing that FL has achieved over and above the last two or three managers is that he has restructured  the the side completely in one window .Both Rowett and Pearson failed to complete the job in the available time and left us with a lob sided team or at best players shoe horned into a system that didn't suit them .

Frank has not made the same mistake ,he has also enabled us to make like for like substitutions  ,it's looking good so far. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

Interesting but obviously not a Derby fan this guy

• Evans clearly considered a DM by the management - Listed that way on the site - This guy lists him as replacement for Pearce
  • Tomori only on loan yet he talks about him as a long term replacement for Olsson - That despite we have two LBs on contracts beyond 2019
  • Says Ledley "hasn't quite fit the system" - Still don't know that - He played enough pre-season and started the opening game

Not saying it's wrong - As I agree with the overall sentiment - That's been obvious from the start - Just wish people would do their research properly when commenting on us

15 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

• Evans clearly considered a DM by the management - Listed that way on the site - This guy lists him as replacement for Pearce
  • Tomori only on loan yet he talks about him as a long term replacement for Olsson - That despite we have two LBs on contracts beyond 2019
  • Says Ledley "hasn't quite fit the system" - Still don't know that - He played enough pre-season and started the opening game

Not saying it's wrong - As I agree with the overall sentiment - That's been obvious from the start - Just wish people would do their research properly when commenting on us

He is a Derby fan according to his Twatter bio. 

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Robbie is a Derby fan. Why can't Tomori be a long term replacement - loan to buy? Evans has played in both positions, who says either is what Lampard prefers? Ledley doesn't have the vision or passing Huddlestone does, so that could be fair enough too.

Different opinions and all that. But trust me, Robbie is DCFC through and through, seeing it differently from others doesn't mean a lack of research.

38 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The main thing that FL has achieved over and above the last two or three managers is that he has restructured  the the side completely in one window .Both Rowett and Pearson failed to complete the job in the available time and left us with a lob sided team or at best players shoe horned into a system that didn't suit them .

Frank has not made the same mistake ,he has also enabled us to make like for like substitutions  ,it's looking good so far. 

It's too early yet to say whether or not the players fit the system, or whether the new players will be a success. 

While I am hugely optimistic and looking forward to seeing how it all beds in, i can't help comparing it to when Clement came in, Rookie manager with good pedigree turns up and suddenly signs a load of players who had one good season in the Championship. I wonder how much input FL has had in the recruitment or whether it was a case of 'do you want one of these?', 'oh, go on then'. 

Anyway, early doors yet, hopefully it'll turn out better this time. 

7 minutes ago, curb said:

I wonder how much input FL has had in the recruitment or whether it was a case of 'do you want one of these?', 'oh, go on then'. 

Seriously?

I can imagine Clement was like that but definitely not Frankie. There was the bit about FLs job interview being quizzed about young players and he knew loads. He's not gonna get players in he doesn't want. Plus Jody will know loads of them too.

32 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

He is a Derby fan according to his Twatter bio. 

Well - I stand corrected - Just assumed since he seemed to be making the same mistakes the BBC often do (cos they're coverage of the championship is dire

28 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Robbie is a Derby fan. Why can't Tomori be a long term replacement - loan to buy? Evans has played in both positions, who says either is what Lampard prefers? Ledley doesn't have the vision or passing Huddlestone does, so that could be fair enough too.

Different opinions and all that. But trust me, Robbie is DCFC through and through, seeing it differently from others doesn't mean a lack of research.

He seemed to mostly be stating factual things - These players are out of contract - These players are going to be left - But the above are opinions

Tomori could be - But that's speculative - All we know is he's on loan for a year

Evans has played there but what we know is he's listed on the official site as a Midfielder

And again - I agree about Ledley - But he was in Lampard's opening day lineup which means (on paper) he's not surplus just yet

20 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seriously?

I can imagine Clement was like that but definitely not Frankie. There was the bit about FLs job interview being quizzed about young players and he knew loads. He's not gonna get players in he doesn't want. Plus Jody will know loads of them too.

The loan players, yes, but I can't imagine FL had a list of players ready to go in case he got a job in the Championship. At the moment we're just throwing in a load of new signings and hoping for the best, which we've done before without much success. That doesn't mean it won't work this time, but it's not guaranteed. The alternative I guess is we stuck with the side from last season and develop it slowly, which the transfer window system doesn't really allow you to do. 

4 minutes ago, curb said:

The loan players, yes, but I can't imagine FL had a list of players ready to go in case he got a job in the Championship. At the moment we're just throwing in a load of new signings and hoping for the best, which we've done before without much success. That doesn't mean it won't work this time, but it's not guaranteed. The alternative I guess is we stuck with the side from last season and develop it slowly, which the transfer window system doesn't really allow you to do. 

I can't say I see it the way you do - which players are 'hope for the best' rather than fitting the formation FL wants to play?! Even selling Vyds fits that.

Just to correct a slight error @cheron85 - he doesn't claim Tomori is an Olsson replacement. He calls both Evans and Tomori CB replacements.

That being said I'm doubtful Tomori is a loan to buy. Maybe a second loan or buy should we get promoted. Although it is the most likely of the loan players to potentially become permanent. 

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I can't say I see it the way you do - which players are 'hope for the best' rather than fitting the formation FL wants to play?! Even selling Vyds fits that.

I just don't think there's been enough time to assess the squad we've got and properly monitor the players we're bringing in which leads me to think that someone else in the background is doing the legwork and FL is rubber stamping it.  I don't know any more than you do which players will fit in and which won't, we've only played one competitive game and most of the permanent signings didn't play in that. 

The potential to be losing 10 (mainly high paid) players next summer is one I’m quite excited about. Would need to potentially bring in 2/3 central midfielders unless any of the 5 our of contract impress this year. 

If we’re in the championship you’re hoping either Thomas or Bennett steps up to replace the departing Wilson. 

Youd then potentially look at another exciting loanee in the Mount role (or potentially Palmer if his value doesn’t balloon at Blackburn)

a new centre back is needed, whether we go in the loan market or permanent who knows? And a left back would be needed. I’d fancy Bogle to be seriously challenging for the RB role in another years time. 

The big influx of players this summer has paved the way for clear planning for next summer with quite an empty canvass in certain areas. 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

The potential to be losing 10 (mainly high paid) players next summer is one I’m quite excited about. Would need to potentially bring in 2/3 central midfielders unless any of the 5 our of contract impress this year. 

If we’re in the championship you’re hoping either Thomas or Bennett steps up to replace the departing Wilson. 

Youd then potentially look at another exciting loanee in the Mount role (or potentially Palmer if his value doesn’t balloon at Blackburn)

a new centre back is needed, whether we go in the loan market or permanent who knows? And a left back would be needed. I’d fancy Bogle to be seriously challenging for the RB role in another years time. 

The big influx of players this summer has paved the way for clear planning for next summer with quite an empty canvass in certain areas. 

Well be in the Prem next season, and from what ive seen of Wilson so far and I know its early days Jozefoon and Thomas wont have to do too much to be an improvement over him.

32 minutes ago, curb said:

I just don't think there's been enough time to assess the squad we've got and properly monitor the players we're bringing in which leads me to think that someone else in the background is doing the legwork and FL is rubber stamping it.  I don't know any more than you do which players will fit in and which won't, we've only played one competitive game and most of the permanent signings didn't play in that. 

I don't know why we bother with a manager then! I can't begin to understand how you think that someone so steeped in football and football culture as FL, and JM for that matter, won't have known who the players are they're signing. Who on earth could be doing the legwork when you look at some of the nonsense fees we've paid and the crap we've signed compared to now?! I know which players will fit based on where they've previously played - of course FL might play Marriot in goal I suppose... 

1 hour ago, curb said:

nothing is guaranteed that's the beauty of it ,just enjoy the ride ,we ain't had this much coverage or fervour since a other certain double act was here in the 60s and 70s enjoy

1 hour ago, VydraRAM 99 said:

from what ive seen of Wilson so far and I know its early days Jozefoon and Thomas wont have to do too much to be an improvement over him.

Congratulations on being the first to write him off.

Archived