Hello

BrentW

New guy here. I've been a Chelsea fan for over 50 years. I've seen a lot of Chelsea's top goal scorers, Bobby Tambling and Super Frankie. Derby County have suddenly become my "second team". Can't understand why.

Still, I've got a bet on Derby to be promoted this year and I was really pleased at the Reading result. I thought the first half was crap and then Reading scored. I'm afraid to say I switched my stream off but I was delighted when I saw the score next morning.

Aside from my little bet, best wishes for this season.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BrentW said:

New guy here. I've been a Chelsea fan for over 50 years. I've seen a lot of Chelsea's top goal scorers, Bobby Tambling and Super Frankie. Derby County have suddenly become my "second team". Can't understand why.

Still, I've got a bet on Derby to be promoted this year and I was really pleased at the Reading result. I thought the first half was crap and then Reading scored. I'm afraid to say I switched my stream off but I was delighted when I saw the score next morning.

We were crap first half. Started to play then they get a break and scored. You should watch the rest. We improved. Nothing as good as we played against Southampton and Wolves so we should play much better after the nerves have gone. 

I hope you win your bet ??

6 minutes ago, BrentW said:

Welcome. 

If you're going to follow Derby you'll need to be a bit more resilient than switching off every time we concede!

4 minutes ago, BrentW said:

Welcome to the rollercoaster that is DCFC, it’s never dull.....

Apart from when Rowett was incharge, boring, dull etc etc there aren’t enough words to express. 

Well Brent I was really with you there with the affection for a second team and all that, but you kind of blew it when you switched the stream off

poor form lad, poor form. Now try having have an extra wheatabix and let’s start again. this is Derby. We have sheep and make aero engines. Life is complex and diverse up here ! ... remember tractors in Derbyshire here aren’t quite the same as Chelsea tractors

46 minutes ago, jono said:

Well Brent I was really with you there with the affection for a second team and all that, but you kind of blew it when you switched the stream off

poor form lad, poor form. Now try having have an extra wheatabix and let’s start again. this is Derby. We have sheep and make aero engines. Life is complex and diverse up here ! ... remember tractors in Derbyshire here aren’t quite the same as Chelsea tractors

Thornbridge Brewery too I think we can count them? ?

To jono,

I was born and dragged up in Buxton. I went to University in London, which is where I picked up the (bad) habit of supporting Chelsea. I left London in 1968 and started work at Royces and I've been in Derbyshire ever since. It's just that I'm a Chelsea supporter, sorry.

By the by, I'm also a bigger Super Frankie supporter and if I was having to bet on who would do better (Derby/Chelsea), I'd bet on Derby.

Yeah welcome aboard I think the general consensus is its going to be an exciting season and hopefully a successful one. Regarding Chelsea I'm intrigued by the appointment of Sarri dont really know how to call it but a lot of his former players think very highly of him what's the view amongst the fans?

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Welcome to the rollercoaster that is DCFC, it’s never dull.....

Apart from when Rowett was incharge, boring, dull etc etc there aren’t enough words to express. 

Indeed. An apt analogy could be found in heavy metal.

Under Lampard, we are Dream Theater.

Under Rowett, we were Carcass.

Monty,

Generally the fans support him. After the dirge of Mourinho and Conte football they're looking forwards to something a bit more spectacular. I think he'll be really good. He's not a sulky bugger like the last two Chelsea Managers. Still, never underestimate the Chelsea Board. They might turn him into a sulky bugger within a few weeks.

55 minutes ago, BrentW said:

Monty,

Generally the fans support him. After the dirge of Mourinho and Conte football they're looking forwards to something a bit more spectacular. I think he'll be really good. He's not a sulky bugger like the last two Chelsea Managers. Still, never underestimate the Chelsea Board. They might turn him into a sulky bugger within a few weeks.

To reply mate, it's easier to click the word quote under the post you want to reply to. Or another way is to use the @ symbol and enter their forum name (if you enter the first few letters after the @ it should pop up in a drop down list) and they'll get a notification that you have mentioned them. Hope that helps .... it's just it gets a little bit chaotic on here every so often, particularly on match days and we don't want people missing your messages meant for them ?

3 hours ago, BrentW said:

Welcome geezer.. Half of Chelsea are closet Rams now, I know I live amongst them..

Don’t let the funny language the locals use put you off, in the main they are okayish.. You might get some mug spouting on about Belgium beer but ignore him, nothing to say,

Fella, if you have been Chelsea for as long as you say, I feel for you now. The Bridge ain’t the same is it? The PL is for the tourists now. Most of my mates are old school Chelsea and they yearn for the old days.

15 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Welcome geezer.. Half of Chelsea are closet Rams now, I know I live amongst them..

Don’t let the funny language the locals use put you off, in the main they are okayish.. You might get some mug spouting on about Belgium beer but ignore him, nothing to say,

Fella, if you have been Chelsea for as long as you say, I feel for you now. The Bridge ain’t the same is it? The PL is for the tourists now. Most of my mates are old school Chelsea and they yearn for the old days.

Just to add to that keep off the Brexit thread if you really not that arsed and don’t divulge your political persuasion.

2 hours ago, BrentW said:

To jono,

I was born and dragged up in Buxton. I went to University in London, which is where I picked up the (bad) habit of supporting Chelsea. I left London in 1968 and started work at Royces and I've been in Derbyshire ever since. It's just that I'm a Chelsea supporter, sorry.

By the by, I'm also a bigger Super Frankie supporter and if I was having to bet on who would do better (Derby/Chelsea), I'd bet on Derby.

You know I was just having a laugh. I am an expat south Mancunian ( Macclesfield ) and have been accepted (just about ) for having United blood.

Derby were my second team since I moved here 20 odd years ago but they legally adopted me a few years back during a 4-4 draw on a frosty night. I’ve never been the same since. ?

anyway ... welcome ! .. this is a great forum with real football people, some great debates and even better banter ?

4 hours ago, BrentW said:

We need a couple more quality players to match last seasons achievement of reaching the play offs. Hopefully Frank is successful and brings some much needed good fortune to DCFC. It's been a long time since we were visiting places like Stamford Bridge for league games. Good luck with your wager !

3 hours ago, BrentW said:

To jono,

Buxton wasn’t that Sam Longson country? Buxton is the only place in the world I thought my toes were going to drop off in winter.

17 hours ago, Gritters said:

Buxton wasn’t that Sam Longson country? Buxton is the only place in the world I thought my toes were going to drop off in winter.

It’s getting better now, more drinking venues to enjoy??

Archived