Somethin’ Special

Gisby

Don't think i've seen it elsewhere in the forum but there is a big article in the Sunday times today so for the benefit of the the forum here it is (cut and paste job)

Frank Lampard: Will he still be smiling in May?
The Chelsea favourite’s move into management at Derby is a brave gamble...,,

*please provide link for rest of article, it’s against forum rules to cut and paste a full item.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 candidates interviewed?

i doubt it. 

I don't see any similarities with Roy Keane and Sunderland either. He was more in the tradition of Mad Billy Davies.

24 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks for the read @EtoileSportiveDeDerby - before it disappears.

It's a badly researched article though, or written about three weeks ago. Lampard has already addressed the age issue and I don't think the author has been anywhere near the pre-season games or he'd know the answer to his own questions!

Totally agree Angieram.

11 hours ago, Gisby said:

Hi Ladies & Gents .... newbie signing in so please be gentle!! Rams fan ever since my grandad first took me to the BBG as a 9-10 year old in the early 70’s. Later on work commitments meant I couldn’t go as often as I would have liked and as a result I hung onto every word of Graham Richards!! Subsequently introduced my daughter to the joys of following the Rams and we both made the pilgrimage to Wembley only for QPR to rob us of our just deserts. Have followed the forum for the past few years and never before felt compelled to join in but the appointment of Frank has lit a spark in me like no other appointment of our numerous recent managers. I accept that he has no track record as a manager and is therefore unproven but I genuinely cannot believe how fortunate we are to have him as our manager. His persona\reputation commands the respect of the football community worldwide, he brings a premier league mentality to our club and players want to come to DCFC simply to work & play for him. I appreciate that we are only a stepping stone for Frank & his team as they are surely destined for greater things but in the meantime I think we should all get on board and enjoy the ride as I believe that we are entering a moment in our great clubs history that we will all remember for the rest of our days. Somethin’ special is happenin’. COYR. 

Don't think you have quite got the hang of it yet mate ,anybody talking common sense ain't welcome on here,wrist slashers only i'm afraid ,find yourself another sight if you want to talk sense

The Mourinho charisma mantle has settled on Frank Lampard's shoulders and he is now the darling of Championship football. Make no mistake, there is a good chance that millions of people worldwide will become Derby County fans because of Frank and his style of football.

I joke not. 

1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

Don't think you have quite got the hang of it yet mate ,anybody talking common sense ain't welcome on here,wrist slashers only i'm afraid ,find yourself another sight if you want to talk sense

That comment is so last season! 

1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

Thanks for the heads up SS, I can do wrist slashing ok just need to lay off my meds for a few days and then jump back on here again. My posts will be right up your street then!! ?

13 hours ago, Gisby said:

Hi Ladies & Gents .... newbie signing in so please be gentle!! Rams fan ever since my grandad first took me to the BBG as a 9-10 year old in the early 70’s. Later on work commitments meant I couldn’t go as often as I would have liked and as a result I hung onto every word of Graham Richards!! Subsequently introduced my daughter to the joys of following the Rams and we both made the pilgrimage to Wembley only for QPR to rob us of our just deserts. Have followed the forum for the past few years and never before felt compelled to join in but the appointment of Frank has lit a spark in me like no other appointment of our numerous recent managers. I accept that he has no track record as a manager and is therefore unproven but I genuinely cannot believe how fortunate we are to have him as our manager. His persona\reputation commands the respect of the football community worldwide, he brings a premier league mentality to our club and players want to come to DCFC simply to work & play for him. I appreciate that we are only a stepping stone for Frank & his team as they are surely destined for greater things but in the meantime I think we should all get on board and enjoy the ride as I believe that we are entering a moment in our great clubs history that we will all remember for the rest of our days. Somethin’ special is happenin’. COYR. 

Exceptional debut post @Gisby. I myself was sceptical when the appointment of FL was first proposed. I very rapidly changed my view after hearing him speak about the Club. The man is a natural; he speaks with consummate ease and he has an understated charisma that is the defining underpinnings of real leadership. I was keen to see how he would change a turgid and rigid “Rowettball” system: there was absolutely no trace of any remnant and I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a pre-season friendly as much as I enjoyed the Notts County game. Just lovely flowing football the way it should be played. I think Mel Morris has made a brilliant appointment, bloody inspired in fact. I was in favour of McClaren’s appointment, I was never in favour of Pearson, I was in favour of Rowett and the  only thing hindsight tells us is just what a lottery recruitment of a manager is. That said I wonder what on Earth Ipswich thought they were doing by not appointing Frank. 

I’m not usually optimistic at the start of a season; I’m usually unsure and quite pessimistic. I remember renewing our season tickets with a heavy heart at the idea of another season watching my Derby County being swamped by ordinary championship sides due to “anti-football” tactics but my word! I am so looking forward to this season...I think Derby will be right up there at the top end . I don’t care too much about getting to the Prem but I will be surprised if Frank Lampard’s Derby County do not beat a lot of sides this year playing open, fast, attractive, beautiful football. Pride Park is going to bounce this year. 

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

Thanks for the heads up SS, I can do wrist slashing ok just need to lay off my meds for a few days and then jump back on here again. My posts will be right up your street then!! ?

Also, you have to be critical at all times, and also have scapegoats. No half measures on here, mate. You'll soon get the hang of it.

After Rowett got us circling the drain as in hopes of entertaining football this season,whats happened since he slithered away has been quite amazing.Theres even dare i say optimism on this board and best of all an old fart like me is feeling it too.

Could have dementia tho .

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Also, you have to be critical at all times, and also have scapegoats. No half measures on here, mate. You'll soon get the hang of it.

Thanks @Phoenix don’t worry if it all goes Pete Tong next Friday night come 9.45pm I’ll be straight on the FRANK OUT thread ???

Done us a favour has Gary as a result of progressing up to the Premiership we have signed players I could only dream of before so many thanks Gary now go and mess up Stoke ? 

23 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

would like to give a big thank you to Gary Rowett ,because if he hadnt cocked up the 2nd leg against Fulham so badly then we wouldnt have Frank and Jody here now , so thanks again Gary now go and rooster up Stoke

Archived