Derby County v Frank Lampard

King Kevin

So mother in law ,sister in law ,niece ,wife and number two daughter are all round today and off to the pub we go me and 5 women oh joy. They never talk about football and here they are going on about Frank Lampard's Derby County and they say they have heard it mentioned on womens programmes etc etc .

Now I am as pleased as anyone to have him here after the previous dhead but it should be Derbys manager ,Frank Lampard FFS.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't care. We were called Steve McClaren's Derby County, and that was fun. If the circus wants us to be Frank Lampard's Derby County, that will be fun too, because his profile is a massive pull. Players want to come here as opposed to going elsewhere..

12 hours ago, King Kevin said:

So mother in law ,sister in law ,niece ,wife and number two daughter are all round today and off to the pub we go me and 5 women oh joy. They never talk about football and here they are going on about Frank Lampard's Derby County and they say they have heard it mentioned on womens programmes etc etc .

Now I am as pleased as anyone to have him here after the previous dhead but it should be Derbys manager ,Frank Lampard FFS.

Could be worse it could be Nigel Pearsons Derby County ????

not bothered at all - he's earned his fame and respect

he also appears to be a very honest, bright but humble human being

We have come a long way in the last two months IMO

lets hope he can conjure up some attractive football - with players who can play with spirit

"Frank Lampard's Derby County" reads and sounds better than "Derby County, managed by Frank Lampard". It's pretty simple.

Also, this isn't a new thing due to us having Frank Lampard. You're just seeing it more because our profile is now bigger and more places are talking about us. 

image.png.66b51880f5f3861257868081ca733e94.png
image.thumb.png.f3ac4d93df7ca34eeb4970db81a350c9.png

image.png.d1f5188d0484209e06cd3ddd3df445bb.png

image.png.d0e15cb99442f7c2b79a6c1a214d5033.png

Sure, its more common with Frank and I understand its important to find things to be unhappy about, but its always going to be a reality of the situation. 

The truth is, in many contexts, Frank Lampard is actually bigger than Derby County.

If it generates interest it generates column inches, if it generates column inches it generates revenue, if it generates revenue it generates funds for new/better/exciting players, if it generates funds for new/better/exciting players it generates new/better/exciting football, if it generates new/better/exciting football it generates success, if it generates success who gives a flying duck!!!!

Archived