Tidal v Spotify

froggg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they not all pretty much the same, just comes down to price and what app you like to use. Tried Spotify but it just seemed a bit pointless when you have Apple Music bundled in on the phone, may as well just use that. 

I just remember the launch.

Usher, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Madonna, Deadmau5, Kanye West, Jay Z, Jason Aldean, Jack White, Daft Punk, Beyonce

Hmm, yeah. It could be the best, clearest, ultra-high fidelity sound on earth but if getting a subscription to the service means consciously lining the pockets of mega-industry multi millionaire shithawks such as those, duck Tidal.

8 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Vinyl

It's 2018, you can sit on your sofa and ask your speaker to play any song you can think of, whilst you're there getting up every couple of minutes to change the record.

Will you be buying a black and white TV next, really soak up that nostalgia, fire up the betamax?

1 hour ago, David said:

It's 2018, you can sit on your sofa and ask your speaker to play any song you can think of, whilst you're there getting up every couple of minutes to change the record.

Will you be buying a black and white TV next, really soak up that nostalgia, fire up the betamax?

Didn't think anyone would take that hook.

Sound, by definition, is analogue. Digitising, CD, DVD, MP3 etc., loses parts the full sound wave of what is being recorded, thus distorting it.

Just now, McRamFan said:

Didn't think anyone would take that hook.

Sound, by definition, is analogue. Digitising, CD, DVD, MP3 etc., loses parts the full sound wave of what is being recorded, thus distorting it.

Losing part of the sound wave is something I am willing to sacrifice over getting up and changing the record.

Just to add some context to this.

I also don't use light switches anymore, I can even talk to my garden lights. 

Technology is great.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Losing part of the sound wave is something I am willing to sacrifice over getting up and changing the record.

Just to add some context to this.

I also don't use light switches anymore, I can even talk to my garden lights. 

Technology is great.

Technology is great, however talking to your garden lights might been seen as a little weird...beside on, off, flash, I am struggling to see how you can have a meaningful conversation...

2 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Technology is great, however talking to your garden lights might been seen as a little weird...beside on, off, flash, I am struggling to see how you can have a meaningful conversation...

Don't knock it till you've tried it, far better than the conversation in Brexit thread

Archived